Welfare; Like Feeding strays .....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    ‘They Breed’: SC Lt. Gov. Likens Welfare to ‘Feeding Stray Animals’

Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer drew a comparison to feeding stray animals during a speech about people on government assistance, babies having babies, and parents whose children are on free and reduced-price lunch.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jpb4nwfiaPY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/jpb4nwfiaPY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    He's right, but I think there should be something said for people that really do bust their asses and still don't make enough to make ends meet or pay for expensive medical bills. Certainly not the norm among welfare recipients, but they do exist.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    He's right, but I think there should be something said for people that really do bust their asses and still don't make enough to make ends meet or pay for expensive medical bills. Certainly not the norm among welfare recipients, but they do exist.

we should do away with welfare. for those who really do need help, there are charities that can step up. a private interprise will do a much better job at weeding out the individuals who are looking for a hand up vs a hand out. as long as welfare exists politicians will continue to use our money to buy votes. it must end!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, in many cases, he's correct.

Hey- is that Jesse & Al's private jet I hear firing up?

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    ...and he is exactly right. The point is that by giving hand-outs, we're rewarding bad behavior. I hope the animal analogy does not cause people to associate this man with hate rather than logic.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    good_idea_bad_execution_tshirt-p235373221415954485t5hl_400.jpg

I'm with him, until the stray animal metaphor. He kinda f**ked that up.

FD807

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Geismar La.
    They should also have to swipe their license to go on the boats and if you are on welfare you have a choice turn around or lose your check permanetly

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Why hasn't this been enacted. I can't see any formidable argument for not drug testing. I know when my wife worked for DCF she would drug test parents all the time with one of those in the box saliva kits. Why can't this be done to apply for welfare/unemployment and randomly to continue on welfare/unemployment. I feel like if your collecting a check from the government it is essentially like being employed (even thought it is being employed for not working) by the government. If your employed by the government you have to take drug tests.

Top Bottom