Welfare; Like Feeding strays .....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    He lives off the government also

He works for the government. Lives off of implies he does nothing for the monies he recieves.

I'm for the Louisiana Tuxedo program. It works like this. $5,000 untaxable dollars to any male/female who are of reproductive age on public assistance that voluntarily get a vasectomy or tubes tied. They also get a tuxedo or sequin party dress after the procedure. If they are gonna be impotent they should look impotent. This would save the state millions.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    He works for the government. Lives off of implies he does nothing for the monies he recieves.

I'm for the Louisiana Tuxedo program. It works like this. $5,000 untaxable dollars to any male/female who are of reproductive age on public assistance that voluntarily get a vasectomy or tubes tied. They also get a tuxedo or sequin party dress after the procedure. If they are gonna be impotent they should look impotent. This would save the state millions.

I don't really like the idea of paying people not to reproduce. My idea would required a better adoption system and tougher prisons. First, if they can't provide for they're children because they're too damn lazy to get a job (if they're working, that's different), we take their kids and find homes for them. Then we imprison the parents for negligence. This would put a lot of people in prison. Therefore we would need a prison system that actually makes prisoners do something besides sit around all day, eat, and watch tv on taxpayer money. With all of the man power, a prison could pay for itself while being more of a living hell like it should be.
    http://www.cnn.com/US/9907/27/tough.sheriff/ (old article)
    http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=About_Mcso

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    People are such idiots. I guess it is difficult for one to understand that we are animals and that resources dictate a lot of actions. I also think it is naive to believe some people don't think past screwing and eating. There are people who exist that are nothing more than walking sacks of instant gratification.

What the heck is for breakfast?

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    People are such idiots. I guess it is difficult for one to understand that we are animals and that resources dictate a lot of actions. I also think it is naive to believe some people don't think past screwing and eating. There are people who exist that are nothing more than walking sacks of instant gratification.

What the heck is for breakfast?

Yeah, I liked that line "especially ones that don't think too much further than that." It's the damn truth.

Here comes the Fallout;

SC politician's welfare comments called `immoral' @ yahoo.com of course.

People need to learn to ask questions before blowing up. Unless Bauer aspires to be a communist dictator, which I highly doubt, it is very unlikely that he meant all poor people are animals.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Isn't it funny that the very people in society who offer no dignity to themselves or their "families" by living the way they do always DEMAND it from everyone else? :confused::confused::confused:

If someone chooses to live like a stray animal, they shouldn't be shocked when someone tells them that they do.
    Anyone who disagrees with him should take a closer look at the number of 4-5 generation-deep "families" that have been living off the taxpayer's dollars. In this state, there are too many to count. This serves as proof that he is correct. For years- the gov't PAID these people to have illegitimate children, and thus actually encouraged the disintegration of the traditional family unit. The results? Watch the crime report on your local news tonight at ten. Not to mention the huge burden that it put on the people footing the bill- the taxpayers.
    Until more people in power are unafraid to cast light on this fact, this problem will continue to get worse, along with all the bad things that comes with the package.

But as always- that's just my opinion....... :)

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Oleheat......I agree with your "opinion" as do most here and you state it quite well.

But the truth is that if anybody with a brain would open up their eyes and observe the historical facts, an argument could be made that your "opinion"
    is indeed fact.

Those that would not agree are not paying much attention. Or is it more sinister than that?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Oleheat......I agree with your "opinion" as do most here and you state it quite well.

But the truth is that if anybody with a brain would open up their eyes and observe the historical facts, an argument could be made that your "opinion"
    is indeed fact.

Those that would not agree are not paying much attention. Or is it more sinister than that?

It's a rotten situation, because the truth is people who live like this are doing a monumental disservice to their themselves, their children, and their entire community- and we have reached a point that we are handcuffed by political correctness to speak out.
    Most politicians care more about their own political skins than about helping make the communities they supposedly represent a better place. They aren't about to risk political crucifixion by calling this situation what it actually is. This man will probably be facing a tidal wave of left-leaning media coverage & political activists for what he said. That's where we are now in our society.
    I happen to believe that many people are getting sick of it, just as we are. We'll see.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    New Orleans, Lafayette, and SC
    I live in South Carolina right now, and have been hearing/reading about this on the news all week. It came up because they are trying to pass a law where people on welfare have to pass a drug test to get welfare. I personally like the idea. Those who are on drugs will just keep collecting welfare and never do anything other then waste the taxpayers money. I wish they would do this in New Orleans.

dogbaron

Long Ago and Far Away
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I just love his comment that for the first time in our country "more people are voting for a living than working for a living"!

Let me get this straight, on most jobs, the employees who pay the taxes that provides the funds for welfare have to take drug tests to keep their jobs, but the people who receive their tax dollars (welfare) are not required to submit to drug tests to keep their welfare. What's wrong with this picture? After careful consideration, I believe the politicians don't want to test the welfare recipiants because they might lose too many bought and paid for votes.

Just the thoughts of someone whose only government money came from income tax refunds and army pay. :dunno:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Those of us who aren't retired or in college do this. When you wake up early in the morning just think how nice it would be to stay in your nice warm bed. Those living off the sweat of your brow do. When you bring a bag lunch to work ponder back on the time you were in line at the grocery store and saw a cart full of ribs and prime meats being payed for with food stamps. When you write the check for your house note or rent remember your also paying for the roof over others heads. When you pay full price for school meals and others children get it for free. When you struggle to get your kids the necesseties they need because others choose to make a living making you pay for their kids too. Ungrateful demanding more because you have more. Never mind the fact that while you are at work they are f*cking like rabbits bringing more mouths to feed into the world. Mouths that will create even more mouths that will multiply exponentially. Where is the faireness in this system?

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    We need to leave "assistance" to the churches and get the government out of it completely. Maybe then more people would attend church and we could get this country headed back in the right direction morally and character wise.

Top Bottom