Welfare; Like Feeding strays .....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crawfish

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    south of 90
    I always liked the idea of giving a bonus check to those welfare recipients that prove they are on birth control, and do not reproduce. A big bonus should be paid to those willing to sterilize themselves.

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    I always liked the idea of giving a bonus check to those welfare recipients that prove they are on birth control, and do not reproduce. A big bonus should be paid to those willing to sterilize themselves.

Just stop welfare, if you won't work, or can't work, you should die, we have no place for people that can't support themselves.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Just stop welfare, if you won't work, or can't work, you should die, we have no place for people that can't support themselves.

I totally disagree with you. If a person is able bodied and can work they get no welfare. If a person can't work due to physical or mental reasons they can get help. Geardo, that's harsh.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I work in a pharmacy and see corruption all day. Medicaid is a program that HAS to be re-done or we'll all go broke. When I see 80% of my medicaid patients getting pain meds and anti anxiety meds, it drives me nuts. These people that don't have ANY money, have the nerve to come into my pharmacy, with Rx's for anti-biotics, anti-psychotics, anti-depressants, pain meds, anxiety meds, and sleep meds, and will say they ONLY want to get the pain,sleep, and anxiety meds... leaving the meds that they really need behind. Also they have the nerve to call me, and asked for the drugs by it's street names like Xan-bar etc... And ask what color "syrup" do I carry.

Our tax dollars are paying for them not only to get HIGH, but also sell it on the streets.

WSM

Bullseye
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Slidell, LA

After Katrina hit Louisiana, I heard from friends throughout the country, calling and checking on me and my family, In which I am truly blessed to have friends like that. Many of my Friends, from Orlando, Houston, Dallas etc.... would holler in my phone....... Take your people back, Their bankrupting our states, lol, One friend called me from Atlanta, I laughed and said.... I guess your calling to say take your people back too..... He replied nope, They all left at the crack of Dawn. In Georgia, if you have I guess the way I understand it, a Felony record, or extensive arrest record, You get no assistance from the State, and thus he said, I'm sure their all back at home checking their mail boxes or resetting them for the mail man. That, I thought was a great improvement to our society.

Second is what I'm understanding now, is that when your unemployed, and have submitted a request for unemployment, Our great state is now providing Cell Phones with X amount of minuites available for these people to find jobs etc, while collecting their checks, at our added exspense. I cant wait until they start handing out cars and homes next....... Of course this is rumor, yet I've also heard it on the local morning radio news as well......

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    I totally disagree with you. If a person is able bodied and can work they get no welfare. If a person can't work due to physical or mental reasons they can get help. Geardo, that's harsh.

You can support all of them if you want, it's immoral and unconstitutional to make me pay for it!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Affirmative

Because of the state of the overall shitty situation, I could "sort of" understand how someone could throw their arms up in disgust and say something like this out of pure frustration.
    Of course, chances are pretty damn good that their view would change- quickly- when it would involve themselves, their family, or their friends....
    Somehow I don't believe a "final solution to the sick & elderly problem" is the correct answer here, & I don't believe the fellow who said it really does either.....:rolleyes:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    You can support all of them if you want, it's immoral and unconstitutional to make me pay for it!

I do not want to support any drug addicted dead beats. However, there are people who genuinely need help. ie. elderly who have paid their due in taxes, truly retarted people. I'm not for throwing the baby out with the bath water.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Affirmative

I do not want to support any drug addicted dead beats. However, there are people who genuinely need help. ie. elderly who have paid their due in taxes, truly retarted people. I'm not for throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Agreed. For example- IMHO, a WW2 Vet who gave his all for our future can live on my share of tax dollars as long as God allows him to. There are more of them out there in this situation than we'd care to think about.....:wtc:

Top Bottom