Welfare; Like Feeding strays .....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    we should do away with welfare. for those who really do need help, there are charities that can step up. a private interprise will do a much better job at weeding out the individuals who are looking for a hand up vs a hand out. as long as welfare exists politicians will continue to use our money to buy votes. it must end!
    Well, then refund ALL of my taxes. What good is gov't if it's not to protect those who for whatever reasons cannot protect themselves?

Charitable foundations are hurting because, "Voila!" we have record unemployment due to NAFTA and other "binding" agreements made since Hillbilly Clinton. So that dog won't hunt.

I agree with him on several points: kids having kids and I despise the subculture that seems systemic in our welfare state for Whites, Blacks & Hispanics.

Many people are okay giving billions to Israel, Egypt, factions in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq but apparently have no love for their own. That's really freakin' odd and quite sad.

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    A reasonable tax, voted on by the majority, is not stealing. Besides, you suggested we round them up and let them die. You didn't suggest an alternative means of aid.

No, that is simply mob rule, just because the majority wants to steal my money, doesn't make it right. Social spending is unconstitutional.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No, that is simply mob rule, just because the majority wants to steal my money, doesn't make it right. Social spending is unconstitutional.

Certain taxes are necessary for a gov't to function. And it makes good sense (other than being the moral thing to do) to help those who can't help themselves. Say instead they family goes broke trying to help them. They can't pay bills, so they lose their house/car/etc. Now we have another family, which would be working, in poverty and not contributing to society by no fault of their own. Or, for another scenario, the person might have a disability that can be fixed. If they can't afford the medical bills themselves (we're assuming the person works and isn't a bump on a log) then by not helping them, we prevent a person from re-entering the work force.

Also, mob rule is something disordered and unreasonable. My opinion on this matter, like that of many others, is well thought out on an individual basis, therefore we aren't a mob.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

The guy who produced that video needs to go back to school. Everything sounds great, but that's the nature of specious arguments. They sound great. They feel great. They are however wrong.

The fundamental flaw in the guy's arguments is how he justifies calling an actual government one thing or another. That's why arguments of this kind can never be resolved. People just redefine reality to fit what they want it to be.

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    The guy who produced that video needs to go back to school. Everything sounds great, but that's the nature of specious arguments. They sound great. They feel great. They are however wrong.

The fundamental flaw in the guy's arguments is how he justifies calling an actual government one thing or another. That's why arguments of this kind can never be resolved. People just redefine reality to fit what they want it to be.

Sounds like you can't face reality.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    To note. I really did not feel like getting out of bed this morning. I had to force myself out and up to go to work. Somewhere freeloaders living off of my wages will remain in their warm toasty beds as I drive to work and start work this morning. My taxes will pay for the roof over their head, the electricity keeping them warm, the food in their stomachs, and their illegitimate childrens needs. The system should stop rewarding bad behavior.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    To note. I really did not feel like getting out of bed this morning. I had to force myself out and up to go to work. Somewhere freeloaders living off of my wages will remain in their warm toasty beds as I drive to work and start work this morning. My taxes will pay for the roof over their head, the electricity keeping them warm, the food in their stomachs, and their illegitimate childrens needs. The system should stop rewarding bad behavior.

TRUE. If we could even start to curtail or discourage this we'd eventually be in good shape again.

That and reverse the feel-good politics that have bred political-correctness and the apologetic stance our *leaders* have taken abroad.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    TRUE. If we could even start to curtail or discourage this we'd eventually be in good shape again.

That and reverse the feel-good politics that have bred political-correctness and the apologetic stance our *leaders* have taken abroad.

The democratic party is breeding their voting block using our tax dollars to support it. One illegitimate prison bound child at a time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom