What are your religious beliefs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are you?

• Roman Catholic

Votes: 46 41.1%
    • Eastern Orthodoxy

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Baptist

Votes: 25 22.3%
    • Reformed Baptist

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Presbyterian

Votes: 2 1.8%
    • Pentecostal/AoG

Votes: 9 8.0%
    • Non-Denom

Votes: 22 19.6%
    • Methodist

Votes: 3 2.7%
    • SDA

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • Lutheran

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Pork%20Eating%20T-shirt.jpg

Am I doing it right?

RisingRebel

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette Louisiana
    What I want to know is why people of no faith ALWAY have to say something about those of us with faith. If you don't believe in God then why would you spend SO MUCH TIME trying to convince us he doesn't exist?

Look at it this way. If God doesn't exist, religion is making a bunch of nice people for a world that you get to live in. If God does exist, you're getting your asses kicked when you die. Either way, Why the hell would you care if we believe and why would you put so much time into telling us we don't know what we're talking about.

Actually, Christians know that answer.

Carry on -

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    What I want to know is why people of no faith ALWAY have to say something about those of us with faith. If you don't believe in God then why would you spend SO MUCH TIME trying to convince us he doesn't exist?

Look at it this way. If God doesn't exist, religion is making a bunch of nice people for a world that you get to live in. If God does exist, you're getting your asses kicked when you die. Either way, Why the hell would you care if we believe and why would you put so much time into telling us we don't know what we're talking about.

Carry on -
    LOL this is great. Your saying people of religion don't do the same thing? Mission trips, the wackos that shout "Yur gonna burn in hayll" at college students, and Mormons knocking on peoples door. Or is it only wrong when its something you don't like?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I do not judge people. I leave that up to God. If I am wrong no harm. If I am right you will burn in eternal Hell. It's a very simple concept.

The use of the word "If" implies that you will join us (assuming there is a hell), as "He will spew the luke warm out of his mouth", per your scripture. Pascal's wager never made any sense at all to me for that reason. Like I have said before, so many "Christians" think that eternal life is the crux of the matter, while their book tells them that a relationship with their Christ is. I think a lot of them will be sorely disappointed "if" "they are right".

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Carry on -

I want to know why Christians are so bent on trying to convince us that there is a "God" and somehow have come to think that their God, being one of the newest of the deities, is "The Answer".
    Carry on.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The use of the word "If" implies that you will join us (assuming there is a hell), as "He will spew the luke warm out of his mouth", per your scripture. Pascal's wager never made any sense at all to me for that reason. Like I have said before, so many "Christians" think that eternal life is the crux of the matter, while their book tells them that a relationship with their Christ is. I think a lot of them will be sorely disappointed "if" "they are right".

I totally agree with that. When God regenerates a person eternal life with the Father starts then.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I want to know why Christians are so bent on trying to convince us that there is a "God" and somehow have come to think that their God, being one of the newest of the deities, is "The Answer".
    Carry on.
    Christian know we can't convert you. Christians are not made by knowledge, but rather by Creation. All we can do is spread the Gospel, as Jesus commanded us to do, and be the vessel to let His Words and Spirit make someone His.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Simplest way to put it...incapable of blind faith but open for proof.

I believe in a higher power. I also believe in science. I don't believe they are mutually exclusive. I was raised very religious, and over the years met, watched and interacted with some of the worst humans and biggest hipocrites on this planet. I realized whatever is above, I wasn't going to learn about it from those people. Whatever is watching over us, whether it be a god, many gods, nature, aliens, whatever...I just try to be a good person and do what feels right. And so far it seems to be working for me.

I will never disrespect or discredit someone else's beliefs though. It doesn't matter what's real or not, religion does a lot of good things for a lot of people.

Yes and yes! I have seen the belief in God do amazing things for people. Whether I believe their God is real or not doesn't matter, they receive so much comfort in it. I have prayed with patients, etc. etc. (only when they ask me to) and it always makes them feel better. As I said before, I wish I were capable of blind faith.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yes and yes! I have seen the belief in God do amazing things for people. Whether I believe their God is real or not doesn't matter, they receive so much comfort in it. I have prayed with patients, etc. etc. (only when they ask me to) and it always makes them feel better. As I said before, I wish I were capable of blind faith.
    The great thing is that Christianity doesn't require blind faith.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom