What's up with these ricers??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Well, cars are their focus, but I was under the impression that several R33s and R34s were legally imported? Not cheap at all (like $90k in the late 90s for an R34), but I think it was done.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They guy I bought my supra from had a r34, sold it and when I bought my supra, he told me a government agent came to his house asking about the where abouts of the car. Bc they can seize them.

Also some people were buying junk yard 240's and swapping the vin's to skylines and registering the skyline as a salvaged 240

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    null_zps28e4c329.jpg

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's without a doubt an illegally imported R34 chassis, right hand drive and all. . Guy drives it very cautiously, but illegal chassis means insurance can drop it in an accident. Most of the issue is the chassis can't meet crash safety standards and the bumpers/lighting don't meet NHTSA standards for road use.

R34's import eligibility was totally recanted- meaning the ones that slipped through via Motorex are now subject to seizure. And the VIN swapping gets them in an assload of trouble. :mamoru: Can't rebuild them as "kit cars" either, you'll get slapped by the Feds for subverting the system.

Last edited:

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Damn, that sucks. The R34 has always been on my lottery list, I didn't know they revoked their legal status.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I know a guy in Nola that had a white R33 V-Spec. He kept it locked up in his garage. I remember he had it in pieces cause he was doing a bunch of upgrades to it. He told me someone reported it, feds came and dragged it out his garage confiscating it, and even took all the upgrade parts he had to put on it. He was highly pissed off. They drug the car on brake rotors across his garage floor/driveway to the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom