What's up with these ricers??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Since this thread came back to life, has anyone seen the (illegal) Nissan Skyline R34 GTR in the BTR area? I love the car, but I sure wouldn't want to be the guy when he's caught with it.

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ricers do add a dimension to the sport where a "kid" can play with his daily driver on a budget. In a sport where $ = speed, a ricer fits into a spot where we have all been before, broke. You have to have a lot of time, a lot of money or a lot country rigging / engineering for speed. I have had the time and not the money and I have had the money and not the time. I have had fast cars and cars fun to drive, sometimes I pick on fast cars just to see them light them up because I cant afford what they have. I play with some of the slower cars just to give them a show. There will always be faster and slower cars than you. Play with them all, give someone a thrill they kicked your butt, or give someone a thrill they got to see your car kick butt. Have fun be safe.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Since this thread came back to life, has anyone seen the (illegal) Nissan Skyline R34 GTR in the BTR area? I love the car, but I sure wouldn't want to be the guy when he's caught with it.
    White? I saw one on Burbank two or three years ago.

I wouldn't mind having a Civic Si from any generation, but the roads around here pretty much mean power trumps handling in the everyday fun department, and I'm a guy who likes his curves. I dunno, do what makes you happy. I've had 2 liter 4-bangers, mediocre V6s, and a 5.7 V8, had plenty of fun with all of them. I could care less what anyone thinks of my car as long as I'm having fun.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Yo, my 440hp Integra would love to eat/take on another srt8. Street tires or radials? Your choice... ;). Seriously though, the import guys that go looking to race every v8 they see are the ones that make the rest look bad. As said above, there are alot of kids riding around in civics/integras/etc.. That are stock with fart cans on them. The ones that are low key, don't go looking for races, and putt putt around are the ones you gotta worry about.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Yo, my 440hp Integra would love to eat/take on another srt8. Street tires or radials? Your choice... ;). Seriously though, the import guys that go looking to race every v8 they see are the ones that make the rest look bad. As said above, there are alot of kids riding around in civics/integras/etc.. That are stock with fart cans on them. The ones that are low key, don't go looking for races, and putt putt around are the ones you gotta worry about.

When I owned the 2012 WRX, I had more idiots driving V8 domestics trying to goat me into races than anyone else.

This was the funniest one I remembered. Some huge farm boy in an obviously modified single cab, full size, Chevy or GM truck was revving his motor at a light like he was Vin Diesel. I revved back, acting like I was going to race, and took off normally when the light turned green. That is when the hilarity ensued. The guy lost control of his truck on the launch, curbed the passenger side, over corrected, went across both lanes, then curbed the driver's side, before regaining control of his truck. Now, had I decided to race the goober, I'm sure he would have side swiped me. The thing is, I was 39 at the time, and well, I could care less about street racing because I think it is dangerous, lame, and stupid. Now I'm 41 and could still care less about street racing.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Love it. He got what he deserved. The teg has been sitting in the garage for months now. I've actually got the dash taken out to fix some wiring issues. Nothing that cant be fixed in a day or two of consistent work though.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    What is illegal about it?

It's not within the scope of the import guidelines and illegal to use on public roads according to the NHTSA. If the feds get wind of it, the car will more than likely be seized, unless the owner has a good attorney.

Now, there could be one out... IIRC Motorex imported some Skylines that were actually legal before they were met with problems of their own. I think another out would be to import one as a "track only" car or "show" car, but heaven help you if you get caught driving it on a public road.

Finally, Scott Buwalda from Hybrid Audio Technologies has a R33 Skyline of his own: http://teamhybrids.org/forum/index.php?/topic/233-scott-buwalda-%E2%80%A2-nissan-silvia-spec-gt-r/

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    Really? do you really think all that nhtsa **** matters? I really think the feds should be concerned about bigger **** than someone in a car that is probably has more money in engineering than most domestically made cars do on the whole build that are on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom