What's up with these ricers??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Once I finish putting my turbo kit on my L59 truck, anything less than an LS or BBC car will not stand a chance...

I only go this route because I can't fit in a Viper/Z06/Ferrari, or any other true sports car for that matter.
    If you really are that big....Damn. we had guys 6'4 fitting in z06's with helmets. Vipers will handle around 6'7 with lowered seats.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Cenla region is holding an autocross next weekend at no problem raceway! We use part of the peanut and the parking lot...

Y'all come out and get you some 25 year old Honda to eat:)

Kerry

Cool, I want to come! You can watch me spin my ass end round in front more than not. lol. Who do we call / what time should we show up?

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    you can still get a gtr in manual you just have to work extra hard for it. ;)
    my garage queen,
    NewImage3.jpg

NewImage.jpg

i didnt know there was this many car people on here. I also originally found this site through a local car forum.
    a bs car meet sounds awesome

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My headaches are all caused by me and the mods I've done, the car has been great. The whole generation of 05-09 is garbage. Plauged with issues, and weak power plants.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    my garage queen,
    NewImage3.jpg

NewImage.jpg

i didnt know there was this many car people on here. I also originally found this site through a local car forum.

Damn. One of my dream cars.

I also STILL have a spreadsheet saved on my computer with a complete S14 w/RB25DET build that I planned out 8 or 9 years ago. I'll be damned if I don't get it done someday. I still think the Kouki is a damn good looking car.

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Cenla region is holding an autocross next weekend at no problem raceway! We use part of the peanut and the parking lot...

Y'all come out and get you some 25 year old Honda to eat:)

Kerry

I would but I'll be at Indy watching some 200mph motorcycles. That and I don't think my worn smooth nitto drag radials will pass tech

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    9.89 @ 146.2 753hp 912ftlbs at the wheels on the juice with tune. and my srt8 is a 300c loaded, so for a 4 door sedan that weighs 4500lbs ill take it and smile,lol.

Dyno sheet? Time Slip? Video? I gotta see this launch on street tires that netted a 9 sec pass. I know how hard it is to get a street car to hook, I have to see this. Kind of hard to believe. My car trapped 135 on the spray so I know what lack of traction is all about. I had wrinkle wall M/T's with 1.5 60 foots and still only went 10's.

*Nm, I see he's banned.*

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    my garage queen,
    NewImage3.jpg

NewImage.jpg

damn Carlos when did you get that?

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Dyno sheet? Time Slip? Video? I gotta see this launch on street tires that netted a 9 sec pass. I know how hard it is to get a street car to hook, I have to see this. Kind of hard to believe. My car trapped 135 on the spray so I know what lack of traction is all about. I had wrinkle wall M/T's with 1.5 60 foots and still only went 10's.

*Nm, I see he's banned.*

If you believed half of what he says he would be the next ruler of the free world

sevenpt62

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    hammond, la
    very hard to get here. Luckily I found one here(in country) that had just recently arrived on the east coast.
    here is my dyno sheet. Very lightly modded and this is what it out down.
    GTR.gif

and it was running rich at the time.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    My headaches are all caused by me and the mods I've done, the car has been great. The whole generation of 05-09 is garbage. Plauged with issues, and weak power plants.

All the problems with my 2006 caused me to rule out the new 5.0 and for the most part Ford products. Three out of the four Fords I owned in my lifetime were unreliable to the point where I ended up investing in a AAA membership. The only one that didn't give me problems was my 2000 F150 Extended cab 2wd with a 5.4. So either there is truth to the rumor that Ford builds their trucks better than their cars, or I just was extremely unlucky with my 1981 Crown Vic, 1996 Thunderbird, and 2006 Mustang GT.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    All the problems with my 2006 caused me to rule out the new 5.0 and for the most part Ford products. Three out of the four Fords I owned in my lifetime were unreliable to the point where I ended up investing in a AAA membership. The only one that didn't give me problems was my 2000 F150 Extended cab 2wd with a 5.4. So either there is truth to the rumor that Ford builds their trucks better than their cars, or I just was extremely unlucky with my 1981 Crown Vic, 1996 Thunderbird, and 2006 Mustang GT.
    My fords, except for the junk automatic transmissions they used, have all been G2G. My Dad drove nothing but Ford for the last 20 years until around 2000. He would get about 250K miles, on average, out of them, and replaced them once every 2-3 years (not counting junk transmission Ford used). This just goes to show how small sample-sizes (1 person) are irrelevant, I guess.

The Coyote is a helluva engine, BTW.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you really are that big....Damn. we had guys 6'4 fitting in z06's with helmets. Vipers will handle around 6'7 with lowered seats.

6'8" and size 17 wide shoes. If I can get them to the pedals on most cars I wind up pushing the gas and the brake at them same time!

Top Bottom