Where Getting Close! ALmost There!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    By the way...I have noticed the cigarette butts at the front entrance to many public buildings. I have also noticed that they removed all of the ashtrays which used to be at the doorway.

If there were ashtrays...I'm guessing that would solve a great part of the problem. Unfortunately....they don't want to "encourage" smoking around public buildings...so they have removed the ashtrays.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Face the facts, what LEO is gonna write the ticket ????? Do you drive in Louisiana there are a billion moving violations committed every day just on my 35 minute commute back and forth to work ( That's right Billion with a B) and I don't see anyone getting pulled over. So I will probably get one on the way home tonight right ?? And right then I would wish I had a Butt to toss!!! All that is wrong in the state and this is there focus, WTH !!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Face the facts, what LEO is gonna write the ticket ????? Do you drive in Louisiana there are a billion moving violations committed every day just on my 35 minute commute back and forth to work ( That's right Billion with a B) and I don't see anyone getting pulled over. So I will probably get one on the way home tonight right ?? And right then I would wish I had a Butt to toss!!! All that is wrong in the state and this is there focus, WTH !!

Calm down, Sir! Sounds like you need a cigarette!
    :)

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    My understanding is that the current litter laws in Louisiana aren't clear as to whether a single cigarette butt constitutes litter because of it's small individual size. This proposed bill only serves to clarify that point and define it as litter. I do know that if you stop at virtually any intersection in this state, and take the time to look, you will see enough butts on the curb to fill a bucket.

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    I'd be all for this if they gave the same fines for the smokeless tobacco crowd when spitting in public with double fines for washing their mouth out in a drinking fountain.

Nola 32/65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Metairie
    I'm all for this if they actually enforce it. Although since littering is already against the law and not much happens with that, I guess we'll see.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I would vote for a law that required any cigarettes thrown on the ground to be eaten by the offender. If you refuse to eat it you get tazed and then get another chance to eat it. If not, you get shot in the face. Win :)

YOU WIN THE INTERNET!!!

i-won-the-internet.png

38b13aa79773.jpg

Gilbee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Denham Springs, LA
    I'd be for it if there was a good way to enforce it…I've had lit cigarettes fly into my chest while riding my motorcycle, and the textile mesh can melt if it's hit just right…I can assure you if one gets under my jacket and I catch up with the driver, a remarkable event will occur.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'd be all for this if they gave the same fines for the smokeless tobacco crowd when spitting in public with double fines for washing their mouth out in a drinking fountain.

The person that performs this social abomination is a special class of "Dirtbag!"

:eek4:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Good thing Wisconsin doesn't have a 700.00 fine for cigarettes. If they did...this guy may still be a free man because maybe..he would not have tossed his butts.

RACINE, Wis. (AP) — Authorities tailed a man for several days and used DNA from a cigarette he tossed away at a train station to connect him to the cold-case slaying of a teenage runaway whose body was found in a marsh in 1997, a sheriff in southeastern Wisconsin said Tuesday.
    James P. Eaton, 36, of Palatine, Ill., was arrested Saturday in Chicago after investigators conducting the surveillance were able to recover the partially used cigarette, Racine County Sheriff Chris Schmaling said.
    Eaton has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse. He was being held in Racine County Jail on Tuesday on $1 million bail, and Schmaling didn't know whether Eaton has an attorney. No court date was scheduled for Tuesday,
    "This is a day that we have been waiting more than 17 years to arrive," Schmaling said at a news conference.
    Eaton is suspected in connection with the slaying of Amber Creek, a 14-year-old from Palatine, Ill. She had run away from a state-operated juvenile shelter in Chicago on Jan. 23, 1997. She was last seen leaving a motel party in Rolling Meadows, Ill., and getting into a luxury car that had a placard reading "mayor." The driver was described as a white man in his 30s.
    Two weeks later, a pair of hunters found Creek's corpse in a marsh in the Town of Burlington. She'd been beaten, sexually assaulted and suffocated with a plastic bag, and she had a human bite mark on her neck. Her body was left posed with an upraised hand that had the word "Hi" written on her palm. Investigators referred to her as Jane Doe for 16 months until they could determine her name.
    Schmaling said there was no indication that Eaton, who would have been 19 at the time of her disappearance, and Creek knew each other.
    "Eaton had not previously been a suspect or mentioned during the course of this investigation," he said.
    Investigators recovered DNA from Creek's body and fingerprints from the bag used to suffocate her. The evidence was sent to the FBI and crime labs in every other state, but there were no matches.
    Then on Feb. 28, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation informed the Wisconsin Department of Justice that the fingerprint evidence matched the prints of Eaton, who'd been convicted in Illinois in 2000 for possessing drug paraphernalia.
    Once the Wisconsin Crime Laboratory confirmed the fingerprint match, Racine County deputies launched an in-depth investigation that involved the surveillance. After tailing Eaton for several days they obtained the cigarette that he discarded at a Chicago-area train station. DNA from the cigarette matched the sample recovered from Creek's body, Schmaling said.
    The sheriff said the investigation is still going on. He called on people who might have knowledge of Eaton and his alleged involvement in the crime to "do the right thing for Amber and her family and come forward."
    ___
    Dinesh Ramde can be reached at dramde@ap.org.

corey d

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Louisiana
    Today, I could hardly drive on the highway with all of the cigarette butts piled up. The mountains of cig butts were hindering my progress. Thank god I was in my jeep with the big tires.

Proximo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Northshore
    Good thing Wisconsin doesn't have a 700.00 fine for cigarettes. If they did...this guy may still be a free man because maybe..he would not have tossed his butts.

RACINE, Wis. (AP) — Authorities tailed a man for several days and used DNA from a cigarette he tossed away at a train station to connect him to the cold-case slaying of a teenage runaway whose body was found in a marsh in 1997, a sheriff in southeastern Wisconsin said Tuesday.
    James P. Eaton, 36, of Palatine, Ill., was arrested Saturday in Chicago after investigators conducting the surveillance were able to recover the partially used cigarette, Racine County Sheriff Chris Schmaling said.
    Eaton has been charged with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse. He was being held in Racine County Jail on Tuesday on $1 million bail, and Schmaling didn't know whether Eaton has an attorney. No court date was scheduled for Tuesday,
    "This is a day that we have been waiting more than 17 years to arrive," Schmaling said at a news conference.
    Eaton is suspected in connection with the slaying of Amber Creek, a 14-year-old from Palatine, Ill. She had run away from a state-operated juvenile shelter in Chicago on Jan. 23, 1997. She was last seen leaving a motel party in Rolling Meadows, Ill., and getting into a luxury car that had a placard reading "mayor." The driver was described as a white man in his 30s.
    Two weeks later, a pair of hunters found Creek's corpse in a marsh in the Town of Burlington. She'd been beaten, sexually assaulted and suffocated with a plastic bag, and she had a human bite mark on her neck. Her body was left posed with an upraised hand that had the word "Hi" written on her palm. Investigators referred to her as Jane Doe for 16 months until they could determine her name.
    Schmaling said there was no indication that Eaton, who would have been 19 at the time of her disappearance, and Creek knew each other.
    "Eaton had not previously been a suspect or mentioned during the course of this investigation," he said.
    Investigators recovered DNA from Creek's body and fingerprints from the bag used to suffocate her. The evidence was sent to the FBI and crime labs in every other state, but there were no matches.
    Then on Feb. 28, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation informed the Wisconsin Department of Justice that the fingerprint evidence matched the prints of Eaton, who'd been convicted in Illinois in 2000 for possessing drug paraphernalia.
    Once the Wisconsin Crime Laboratory confirmed the fingerprint match, Racine County deputies launched an in-depth investigation that involved the surveillance. After tailing Eaton for several days they obtained the cigarette that he discarded at a Chicago-area train station. DNA from the cigarette matched the sample recovered from Creek's body, Schmaling said.
    The sheriff said the investigation is still going on. He called on people who might have knowledge of Eaton and his alleged involvement in the crime to "do the right thing for Amber and her family and come forward."
    ___
    Dinesh Ramde can be reached at dramde@ap.org.

In that case, they could just wait at his house until he put his trash on the street, or threw out his Mcdonalds bag.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Easter Sunday at Airline Highway and Old Perkins Road!

Thanks to all you SCUMBAGS that contributed to this! May a fully loaded cement truck T-bone you at high speed as soon as the butt leaves your vehicle! :madfawk:

4-25-14003768x1024_zps550a444b.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    :bravo:

95-0 in 1st House vote
    35-2 in 1st Senate vote
    95-1 in the House Final Passage vote

:rofl:

I wonder if there is time for me to add an Amendment that lets me turn you scum bags in when I see you! :fawk:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom