Who here has a Keurig?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    My wife uses ours a lot. I am not a huge coffee drinker. She normally uses the insert that you can use your own coffee with the mesh insert. Much cheaper if you use it a lot.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I absolutely love coffee. I drink it all day long. I usually make a pot but there are times when I just want a single cup. I really love the Starbucks Via Columbia instant coffee. I've tried some of the other flavored Via's...but the only one I like is the Columbia.

FWIW...I get the 50 pack of Via from Amazon for about 32.00 bucks. So it works out costing about 64 cents a cup. A word of warning....some of the Via flavors suck IMO. I only get the Columbia ...and IMO...Its a pretty damned good cup of coffee.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here is my first hand experience with the K65 (Keurig).

The coffee selections are impressive. You just have to mix and match until you find what you like. The insert is a nice touch for making your own favorite beans. It also can be used to make hot tea, and hot water for Hot Chocolate.

It has 3 settings for various sizes of cups of coffee. Their idea of a large cup of coffee is much less than mine. Choosing the large cup makes about 8oz. I guess that's the trick to make you go through more of the product. :doh:

It is programmable to brew on demand, but it doesn't take too long to just turn on the switch and wait 2 minutes to heat up.

The absolute biggest pain in the ass is having to constantly refill the water reservoir.

Other than that, I use it every day. RSC, It would work very well in your situation.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok, here we go.
    Keurig K65 special edition. In between "super duper" model and "bottom 'o' barrel" model.

Ekobrew reusable filter (plastic) no experience with stainless version.

Aftermarket o-ring. Fits on needle above factory gasket and is used in combination with factory gasket. This helps to insure good seal with no leaks. Never used w/o this so don't know if it's really necessary. Tried to look this up on Ebay where I bought it but could not find. Likely available in plumbing section at hardware store. Will take mine off and measure if interested.

I don't think you will have a problem with travel mug. I measured it to be 7.5". Keep in mind unless you like week coffee you will likely have to run two batches.

The Ekobrew filter keeps k-cup cost way down, and you can choose your favorite coffee brand. IMHO the factory reusable filter should go in trash.

Have used my Keurig with this combination religiously since Santa brought last Christmas with no issues, other than yellow teeth. Mrs. Claus picked it up at Bed Bath and Beyond. She used the discount coupons that come in mail for more savings. BB&B has great return policy also.

Good luck. Any questions, please ask.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Our old coffee maker died and my wife ran out and bought a Keurig. She loves it but she drinks 1 cup a day or less. I've been making a 32oz travel mug and drink that up at work. So it 's great for her and a pain in the butt of me as I need to make 3 seporate cups to get 32 oz. mug filled.
    - clean up is great
    - packets of coffee run 65 cents to 85 cents each on Amazon Prime for the assortments I'm guessing more at grocery store
    - I tried Community Breakfast Blend in the reuseable basket but it came out much weaker than a Mr. Coffee would make it(filled basket to brim,). Reusable basket is a little hard to clean but not terrible.

If you're a cup a day drinker Keurig is great just for the easy cleanup and the speed. If you drink more I'd get something different. I'll probably buy a regular coffee maker and take up more counter space,

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    You kids and yer fancy schmancy coffee makers...
    Why, back in my day...
    alg-eight-oclock-coffee-jpg.jpg

and one of these:
    7109474_f260.jpg

And you were good to go! :D

Well, that's how my dad brewed it for maaaaaany years.
    Interesting to see how far things have come, now-a-days.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Chick, you said save money. The K cups are expensive. You can use the mesh insert amd not use cups.

I. Liked mine other than I drink too much. Easier to just make a pot. Also, it doesn't seem to make it quite strong enough for me.

I'm trying to stray from stopping at CC's 2+ times a day :eek4:

I'm ok with spending $20 on 40 Kcups or whatever.

Everyone else, thanks for all the help! I'm going to do a little more research before I make a decision.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    My wife likes the flavored coffee for her afternoon cups. Sam's has the k-cups on sale sometimes for 50 cents a cup. Rouses has the Community for a little more. Get the reusable filter and use your own coffee.

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Keurig K45. With Community Coffee K-cups (shipped directly from Community Coffee much cheaper than store bought!) is where it's at if you don't want to make a full pot.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    We just use a good ole Black and Decker drip pot, I've got my water level marks and scoop numbers memorized to just make 1 cup instead of the 4-12 it's designed for. We're drinking more hot teas than coffee right now, though. Doesn't get much simpler than a kettle on the stove.

2 trips to CC's a day?! that has to be at least $10 a day, not to mention the time involved. Nuts!

Top Bottom