Who here has a Keurig?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Sam's Club has a box of 80 Community coffee K cups for 10.00

I wish they had that with a Starbux dark roast

+1 That's where I buy mine.

I noticed a funny thing while reading this thread. Up here in North Louisiana, the main complaints I hear from people that don't like Keurig is that it makes the coffee too strong no matter what coffee brand or setting they use. Seems like most of the complaints from down South are that it makes it too weak.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

I noticed a funny thing while reading this thread. Up here in North Louisiana, the main complaints I hear from people that don't like Keurig is that it makes the coffee too strong no matter what coffee brand or setting they use. Seems like most of the complaints from down South are that it makes it too weak.

I noticed that too. I guess I won't know until I make my first cup.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

^This.

I don't drink coffee but got my wife a Kuerig a few years back.
    She makes the large cup so it won't be too strong.
    Her brother says it was so strong it gave him diarrhea.
    He likes it after rebrewing 4-5 times with the same pod.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    ^This.

I don't drink coffee but got my wife a Kuerig a few years back.
    She makes the large cup so it won't be too strong.
    Her brother says it was so strong it gave him diarrhea.
    He likes it after rebrewing 4-5 times with the same pod.

Eww! I always put it on the smallest setting because it makes it too weak. I like strong coffee. The concept of weak coffee water escapes me.

Snuggie308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2013
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Bought one last year. Kept it for three days then returned it. Hope you like weak coffee! Tried the little basket with my own coffee. WEAK!!! When I emptied the basket there was about 30% of the coffee that was still dry. Not for the Cajun!!

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    I don't drink coffee, can't stand the taste unless it's filled with other flavours to mask the coffee taste. My wife loves it though. I bought her a keurig about 3 years ago. Still going strong and she still loves it. The k-cups can be expensive if that's all you buy, but as already mentioned with the reusable insert (which is relatively cheap) you can use any coffee you want and not have to buy only the once and done k-cups. Ended up saving us more money that way as she drinks what she makes, as opposed to making a pot and wasting half of it each time. Never had 1 complaint about too strong or too weak either, but to each their own on that.

Saker

"Send It"
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Last edited:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

I drink less coffee because it is stronger per cup. I like it that way though

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    If you want a good cup of coffee, get a french press. Skip the automatic makers and go with something simple. The flavor is way better than anything out of a machine.

tmfaulk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Lafayette
    I have an older elite (only two cup settings) and I still love mine... Parents bought a new VUE system from Keurig... They liked it but after four replacements... They went back to regular coffee pot. I have both. I love the simple quick convenience.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...3 settings for various sizes of cups of coffee. Their idea of a large cup of coffee is much less than mine. Choosing the large cup makes about 8oz. I guess that's the trick to make you go through more of the product. :doh:...

I finally unpacked and set up my new K45 this morning. According to the literature packed with my new K45 the brew sizes are 5.25 oz, 7.25 oz and 9.25 oz. The reusable basket filled with Community Breakfast Blend makes a good (to my taste) 7.25 oz cup. I think I will enjoy it. And thanks for the tip about Sam's Club!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom