Why are all glock owners such..............

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    couple of guys picked one of these up off the street a while back... the thing feels like a toy gun!!

FN_FiveSeven01.jpg

I still remember the first time I saw one of those two years back and the price was $999.99. I told the gun store owner that he needed to move the decimal over one place to the left before I would consider the 5.7.

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    Yeah, without the "special" rounds, that thing is little more than a P22 on 'roids.:D While I'd rather never be shot, I gotta imagine it would take 8-10 rnds before somebody became incapacitated, since they'd all probably make nice clean entry/exit holes though and through.:eek3:

I know of a 68 year old lady who uses the FN 5.7 as her carry.
    It is very lightweight, holds twenty +1 rounds, is very accurate & is very easy for her to place all of her shots where she wants them due to the lack of recoil.

The hollow point rounds in the white box are the most powerful, while the blue polymer tipped rounds in the blue/black box appear weaker.

From her research, she found the 5.7 round to be rather lethal when the round is properly placed.

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    While I prefer the weight & appearance of an all milled steel framed pistol with wood stocks, these may be impractical for those who need to carry a sidearm on a daily basis.
    The polymer framed pistols are tough, do not rust, & are light in weight.

The worth of polymer pistols was proven after the Katrina & Rita floodwaters receeded & revealed that no matter what type of metal, or how well the metal firearm was made, the blued steel, stainless steel, & aluminium did not fare well after being submerged in saltwater.

I was shocked to see how badly stainless steel can rust.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I know of a 68 year old lady who uses the FN 5.7 as her carry.
    It is very lightweight, holds twenty +1 rounds, is very accurate & is very easy for her to place all of her shots where she wants them due to the lack of recoil.

The hollow point rounds in the white box are the most powerful, while the blue polymer tipped rounds in the blue/black box appear weaker.

From her research, she found the 5.7 round to be rather lethal when the round is properly placed.

Yea, if you shoot them in the eyeball.
    I looked into it as I was interested...

There was a PD SWAT team in Washington state that went to the P90 subguns... after they shot a few people with them... they went back to their M4's.

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    Nomad, she is able to shoot her 5.7 very well. It comforts her to know that she can place the shots where she needs, & not have it beat her up.
    While she has carried a .45 in years past, that round has too much recoil for her fragile hands, & she fears she cannot put the rounds where she needs.
    A pistol that she can comfortably shoot & practice with has more value to her than a .45 that hurts her hand.
    I am fairly sure most folks would not want to absorb ANY centerfire round, & if faced with a shooter, the perp would rather walk away.
    Sometimes a show of force is sufficient to thwart an attack; & no rounds will have to exit the muzzle.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Well If I had absolutely no other choice, like if all the HiPoint Ghetto Blasters were taken, then I suppose I might settle for a 1911

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I also own both, I chose to carry the glock over the colt. More rounds, less expensive to replace, no hammers to snag on clothing. Plus I live by water and I do a lot of boating, I am paranoid of my Colts going into the water.

Top Bottom