Why we need to get out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    and let those ******* Iraqis do it themselves. We did the surge which had a negligible effect. The effectiveness was really in the hands of Sadr who told his militia to back down. Now that he is letting his beasties about, the violence has again skyrocketed. Here is a prime example. Sadr's militia using a U.S. supplied up-armored Humvee that was obtained from the Iraqi security forces.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=940_1206651941

Horrid.

That other burned vehicle looks like a polish DZIK class. We know that the Poles gave them to the 10th IA MPs and the 10th's AOR includes Basra.

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm not getting any younger and health issues have prevented me from re-enlisting as I have tried to go over with my younger brothers.

Having said that and been an 11b while in the service I think with a little train-up(I don't have the stamina I would want) I would be efficient enough to help out during a surge for 5-7 days pop smoke and come back home. It would be a vacation as long as I would have SGLI I'm game.

Just my thoughts I won't rant about them sand pounding fucks like I said earlier I hate everyone equally.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Arm the citizens, arm the military and police...gtfo.

If they go to civil war...so what, we're not getting the oil anyway...Bin Laden isn't there.

I'd rather my friends die in the deserts of Arizona than a ******* Jihadist's sandbox.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd love for us to get out. Two of my clients leave for a 2nd tour in about 3 weeks (in the blackhawk group out of Hammond). There are a few issues though.... Iran might take over making them a real problem in a few years. The media will handle this like they did Vietnam- we lost again and ran home. When we do have to deal w/ either Iran or N. Korea or Central America or... the US public won't go for it after all the media brainwashing. Not to mention if we pull out of Iraq the media will start pushing for us to pull out of Afghanistan. Next we'll be fighting terrorist in the Mall of America in Philly...

Sorry guys, much as I'd love to pull our troops out, there's no way we can do it now and save face. The problem is we didn't have a defined goal beyond taking out Saddam. Occupation sucks.

On a similar vein, what's with CNN covering Saddam's imprisonment and his last few days??? I think they used some of the same script outlines as they did for Princess Di! 'Poor Saddam! and look at the horrible prison cell he was in! Listen you his beautiful poetry!' They actually read his damned poetry! Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? They shouldn't have executed him, they should have just given him to the Kurds.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    If it was even really him. We're talking about a man with at least 10 identical look-a-likes.

Media & Government elites = same team.

The owner of USA Today also owns every military related magazine out, more than 100 titles for the Military Industrial Complex & Corporate Militaries. Ruppert Murdoch...don't even need to go there...etc.

It isn't strictly a blatant conspiracy against the people...its a way of thought, an Idea.

In short the media keeps the masses ignorant & conflicted, ill informed, and insecure.

Our society has been in a downward trend for about 100 years. From the Federal Reserve to the Womens & Civil Rights movements which destroyed communities and families.

All fed, and promoted by the media.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    True. And by killing him we created more martyrs wanting to destroy the 'Great Satan'. Had we given him to a Kurdish crowd he would have been ripped to shreds by his own citizens and it would have been called justice.

Constitution, you're missing the point. The megacorps are controlling the masses to keep providing them with funds. With enough funds they'll be more powerful than the governments eventually. Governments will be replaced with the UN and a single global currency. They are the ones bringing in the illegals to take the place of the dying-off baby boomers. They need clients to buy their goods. A population dip will hurt their bottom line.

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    You know what keeps pushing this country toward the abyss? The millions and millions of Americans that are convinced that the politicians and government work for the people, contrary to all the evidence that a feeble minded simpleton dry humping the door handle on a short bus can plainly see. We fume, huff and puff, rattling our sabers, but still go along to get along. Every day, all the time. But to be honest, the wool is starting to get a little uncomfortable and cumbersome my fellow Sheeple. Now all we have to do is wait,and of course behave ourselves, and hopefully when there is nothing left for us to lose, then maybe, just maybe enough of us will stand up like men and earn the Liberty so many have died trying to protect. Until then I'll be numbing the shame with cold beer and reruns on Fox. By the way, Im voting for Ron Paul whether he's on the ballot or not,as will my wife, then we are going to the range and punching as many holes into paper until we feel a little better.

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'd love for us to get out. Two of my clients leave for a 2nd tour in about 3 weeks (in the blackhawk group out of Hammond). There are a few issues though.... Iran might take over making them a real problem in a few years.

Iran is making it a real problem now. We're not there to be the Iraqi army and defend them.

The media will handle this like they did Vietnam- we lost again and ran home.

That's because that was another failed political war that wasn't based on a sound assesment of the region. So are you in the same view of McCain that we need to be there for 100 years if warranted?

When we do have to deal w/ either Iran or N. Korea or Central America or... the US public won't go for it after all the media brainwashing.

Don't worry, the US will go for it. Over 60% of the people already support a withdrawal and each situation is different.

Not to mention if we pull out of Iraq the media will start pushing for us to pull out of Afghanistan. Next we'll be fighting terrorist in the Mall of America in Philly...

Sorry, that's a bunch of BS IMHO and there is nothing to substantiate it. We have had limited support from the countries we are in right now.

Sorry guys, much as I'd love to pull our troops out, there's no way we can do it now and save face.

We'll never save face. We will always be viewed as an occupying force.

The problem is we didn't have a defined goal beyond taking out Saddam. Occupation sucks.

I still take issue with going in. To argue otherwise would counter the reasons why we haven't gone into Iran or N. Korea.

On a similar vein, what's with CNN covering Saddam's imprisonment and his last few days??? I think they used some of the same script outlines as they did for Princess Di! 'Poor Saddam! and look at the horrible prison cell he was in! Listen you his beautiful poetry!' They actually read his damned poetry! Are we supposed to feel sorry for him? They shouldn't have executed him, they should have just given him to the Kurds.

They are hurting for news. I was thinking the same thing. Who really gives a **** what his cell looked like. He's dead!

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    That's because that was another failed political war that wasn't based on a sound assesment of the region. So are you in the same view of McCain that we need to be there for 100 years if warranted?
    Absolutely... Though we never should have gone in the first place, now that we are there, we have to finish what WE started. WE BROKE IT, WE BOUGHT IT...
    Don't worry, the US will go for it. Over 60% of the people already support a withdrawal and each situation is different.
    The majority of people are morons with no grasp of geopolitical realities.
    We'll never save face. We will always be viewed as an occupying force.
    As opposed to being viewed as not having the stomach to stay and do what needs to be done? Better to be viewed as occupiers than viewed as weak and undetermined...

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Absolutely... Though we never should have gone in the first place, now that we are there, we have to finish what WE started. WE BROKE IT, WE BOUGHT IT...

Why? What are we there to fix? Are we supposed to run their gov't? Are we supposed to be their police force. It's 5 years later and they are no better off than before. At some time you have to cut the string. That region has been without peace since the beginning of time and you expect somehow that we can change that? It ain't happening. It's only happened by brute dictatorships. If you want to stay there until the rapture, you and the other minority of people who believe that should go over there.

The majority of people are morons with no grasp of geopolitical realities.

So you're a democrat? Because what you are saying is that the people are idiots and can't make any right choices so they need a government to do it for them. Or, you like dictatorships. Because it could also be construed by what you said that even though the people want something, that should have no bearing on what the government should do. The government should do what it wants regardless of what the people want.

As opposed to being viewed as not having the stomach to stay and do what needs to be done? Better to be viewed as occupiers than viewed as weak and undetermined...

What needs to be done? Run their country? It's unrealistic to think that we are the ones that have stay there and run it. Better to be viewed as occupiers and lose 20,000 people over the next 50 years than be embarrassed and reassess the situation that benefits us. That's a 5 year olds menality. M

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'm just saying we're there, we need to finish the job. The question is: what does finish the job mean? I don't want to be there for even 5 more years. We need to set a goal, send the right manpower and equipment, do it, and get out. We don't want to succumb to the media and the democrats wishes and tuck tail and run.

One other thing, we are currently occupying one of the richest oil producing countries in the world. Why in the hell are we paying through the nose at the pump?!? Our tankers should be backed up the dock and loading up.
    The Iraqi government is asking us to help them with their security situation then let them pay us in oil. Why are we paying OPEC prices right now?

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We stay as long as we need to. The U.S. now has a firm foothold in a real mid east country to establish a forward base.
    You chicken littles need to grow a set.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Polizzi
    Top Bottom