Why we need to get out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    What like one day no more oil. Had it yesterday, but not today? It will be a gradual change, may not even be in our lifetime, but our kids will see the change. Ever notice the oil companies calling themselves energy companies? BP is investing oodles of money into alternative energy sources, thats just one of them, they all want to keep making money and they know just how much oil is left, so it will peak, and then start to go downhill from there. But the sky wont be falling. Just an opinion. New technologies will come online when the money starts to run out on oil

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    What like one day no more oil. Had it yesterday, but not today? It will be a gradual change, may not even be in our lifetime, but our kids will see the change.

Take some time and read that link, that is pretty much what they are saying, but on a little faster time table. We are behind the curve on changing over, pretty much due to corporate greed and almost certainly unable to catch up, again pretty much due to corporate greed. Ethanol is a pipe dream. There are two divisions of "Peak Oil Believers". Most of us optimists believe it will be a life disrupting change that will eventually sort itself out in a year or two. Then there are Peak Oil "Doomers" that believe everything will go "Mad Max - Thunderdome" and not recover. I believe everything will recover and may not even take a full year to get basic social services back online. But I think it is going to get nasty in the big cities for a little while.

Yeah yeah, I remembered to put my tin foil hat on.......kiss my ass........:)

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Ethanol would be a double whammy...

Use food to make fuel, use fuel to sell fuel, use fuel to buy food that is challenged in demand by fuel...

Sounds like some expensive **** to me!

SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I happen to be a proud wearer of the tinfoil beanie thank you very much, I just think oil production wont spike, it will be a gradual taper. Im more concerned with the North American Union, the Reconquistas, growing number of Gangs spilling over into small town America, and the crystal meth epidemic. Theres a whole mess of violent trash thats breeding like cockroaches, and eating this country up like termites. Thats what I think will cause the batshit to hit the fan, not the eventual loss of oil.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    You know why Exxon and the other industry leaders have record profits every quater? Because that is their goal and mission. They owe nothing to no one except their investors. They do what is most profitable and spending more money to make more gasoline just so the price goes down for consumers is out of the question. You have to remember evrything is always about the bottom line when dealing with corporations.

The problem is nobody currently seekng the White House have the ideals to turn this country around. Plan for a tough next 8 years and hope somebody that maybe in four years we have a chance.

Top Bottom