WTS Beretta mod. 92F $300 w/3 clips, holster, 2 boxes Rnds

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

GWB

dumb? you better be tough
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    If you're a resident of Picayune, you can only do a FTF with another Mississippi resident. If you wish to sell it to someone out of state (i.e. in NOLA), you have to transfer it through a FFL.

Transfer of firearms between individuals in LA requires NO paperwork for it to be legal. What would it matter what state they were from? With no paperwork needed, how would anyone know where someone lived?

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Transfer of firearms between individuals in LA requires NO paperwork for it to be legal. What would it matter what state they were from? With no paperwork needed, how would anyone know where someone lived?

Because it's against the law. It's based on where someone resides. As stated before, he is a resident of Mississsippi and would be legally bound to do a FTF in Mississippi to a Mississippi resident. See that statute below:

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Arkangel77

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Picayune - Mississippi
    If you're a resident of Picayune, you can only do a FTF with another Mississippi resident. If you wish to sell it to someone out of state (i.e. in NOLA), you have to transfer it through a FFL.

I have Bought and sold Manny Guns from people in other states (Miss to LA) in the past. I may be wrong but I don't think I am braking any laws? I am not shipping and I do not have a Business. But no matter what - I am happy to go threw a dealer.

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I have Bought and sold Manny Guns from people in other states (Miss to LA) in the past. I may be wrong but I don't think I am braking any laws? I am not shipping and I do not have a Business. But no matter what - I am happy to go threw a dealer.

If you have done this before, you have violated Federal firearms violations. Ignorance of the law is no defense. Individuals need to familiarize themselves with the various firearm statutes before engaging in such activity. From here out, only do FTF in your state and with residents of your state. If choose to sell to a resident of another state, you must go through an FFL.

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Yep. You can live 20 miles from each other, but if the state line runs between your two houses...it has to be transferred through an FFL.

Stupid, yes...but it's the law.

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Admitting you engaged in illegal firearms transactions to someone with the screen name "local2fed?". C'mon man. :rofl:

Maybe you should play "shake the Etch-a-Sketch" and make this all go away. :mamoru:

Yep. You can live 20 miles from each other, but if the state line runs between your two houses...it has to be shipped through an FFL.

Stupid, yes...but it's the law.

I understand what you mean, but just for clarity it doesn't have to be "shipped."

(B3) May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State? [Back]

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser's State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.

Arkangel77

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Picayune - Mississippi
    WELL - I wish to take back my Last statement:eek3:

What I meant to say was I have thought about doing it many times in the past:wtc:

I promise that's what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Honestly - I did not know - I will make sure that I don't violate any laws.

O well - what ya gona do? Now that I feel like an Idiot and I am looking for SWAT to knock on the door! Umm - ya

Lata, Arkangel77

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    WELL - I wish to take back my Last statement:eek3:

What I meant to say was I have thought about doing it many times in the past:wtc:

I promise that's what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Honestly - I did not know - I will make sure that I don't violate any laws.

O well - what ya gona do? Now that I feel like an Idiot and I am looking for SWAT to knock on the door! Umm - ya

Lata, Arkangel77

Hope you don't have any doors or dogs you are fond of. :D

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    IS this True????????:confused:

No it's not, sorry. Rifles or shotguns still must be transferred. It's just that this time you could do it in the fine state of Mississippi... and then a La resident could bring it back. Can't do that for hand guns. If you sold a handgun to a La. resident it must go through a FFL here.

...except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom