Zimmerman/Martin - 2nd degree Murder Trial

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    12 pages on this? Really?

Just go back and keep score! On all of the self righteous, so called virtuous know-it-alls, that said the opaque colored guy was the; this or that, or started this, or shouldn't have done that. God sakes!

What a; "Gee, I shouldn't have said **** back then!", moment for you all.

Just a bet: The opaque colored, gun loving, neighborhood watchman that inititated the ordeal and should have just walked away; is gonna walk away all right! Right out of that courtroom a free man.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I didn't say he wasn't guilty. I believe Martin had an equal if not more responsibility in the situation. I was just saying he might not have been technically stoned.

It's dicing hairs. Just a idle comment.
    Oh, I know, Cat. I was taking a swipe at those whose obvious biases cannot be seen (by themselves). Pointing out factual issues that should make any sane person question the judgement of one person illicits... odd bouts of illogic.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well FWIW, Z's charges of assaulting an officer resulted from him intervening when he saw his friend being shoved against a wall by two men- who turned out to be plain-clothes officers.

Of course as it turned out he was in the wrong- but that's a little different than attacking a uniformed patrol officer- as many would apparently have people believe....

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well FWIW, Z's charges of assaulting an officer resulted from him intervening when he saw his friend being shoved against a wall by two men- who turned out to be plain-clothes officers.

Of course as it turned out he was in the wrong- but that's a little different than attacking a uniformed patrol officer- as many would apparently have people believe....

That was talked about too on one of the Huff Post articles.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette

+1. Civvies are civvies. Uniforms are uniforms. The fact that we treat them differently binds the fabric of our society together. The electric sitar IS sweet, thanks for the listen.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

This is addressed to many. A Domestic Violence Restraining Order? Resisting Arrest? 50 calls to the police dept per month (?), being fired for being too aggressive, described as "Jekyll and Hyde" by co-workers and several incidents of over zealous behavior and no one seems to see a pattern. This and the sloppy investigation and the lies to the Martin family makes me question everything that is claimed.

I find it curious that ALL of Zimmerman's past errors are "explained away" and is "of no issue" including ignoring the dispatcher and choosing to pursue the guy on foot yet wearing a hoodie, using marijuana and only God knows what else makes Treyvon automatically guilty...

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I find it curious that ALL of Zimmerman's past errors are "explained away" and is "of no issue" including ignoring the dispatcher and choosing to pursue the guy on foot yet wearing a hoodie...

Admittedly, I haven't followed this case as close as some....

Not discrediting your info in anyway, but do you have something that shows that Zimmerman didn't obey the dispatcher's request and stop following Martin after that point?

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Admittedly, I haven't followed this case as close as some....

Not discrediting your info in anyway, but do you have something that shows that Zimmerman didn't obey the dispatcher's request and stop following Martin after that point?

Good point. Only evidence either way is Z's response, "OK." Does it mean he actually stopped? No. Is there any evidence indicating otherwise? No.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    IIRC the dispatcher said you don't need to do that .

I have not heard that it was illegal in Fla to walk behind another person.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok, look at charges from years ago? Or look at who was actually in trouble for poor behavior That day?

I'll type really slowly since you don't seem to "get it".

Your past behavior is an indicator of your character. Neither of these guys seemed to be "squeaky clean" - as the Sanford PD erroneously claimed to Mr. Martin when trying to defend why Z wasn't arrested.

So everyone ought to be careful whom we choose as a "poster child". Trey was no saint and should not be considered such but neither am I or you. Any of you. He's condemned for his past (not long as he was 17/18 years old and he's automatically guilty because of THE CLOTHES HE WORE. I mean, really? I get it, too. Certain dress "styles" convey differing things but AUTOMATIC GUILT? I'm not seeing it.

U wish to live the lie? F'n go for it. It's a reflection of YOUR character as much as any of those involved in the cover-up.

Trying to be objective as I can be - discounting the asinine behavior of the "pro-Treyvon" groups and politicians as they have NOTHING to do with the two individuals and what frame of mind they may have been in and the officers and the DA... Something most certainly isn't right.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So he might have been stoned, that explains the Skittles.

In all the traffic stops I made for DWI, I never had to fight with a stoner.

Drunk, yes, dopers that were high, no.

Now I could be an exception to the rule.

Do any of you have ahem, "friends" that smoke dope?
    Do any of them get violent when high?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    So he might have been stoned, that explains the Skittles.

In all the traffic stops I made for DWI, I never had to fight with a stoner.

Drunk, yes, dopers that were high, no.

Now I could be an exception to the rule.

Do any of you have ahem, "friends" that smoke dope?
    Do any of them get violent when high?

I haven't heard of it either. Most others probably can say the same. I thought of that point but was loath to say as much because I was afraid the discussion would degenerate into a legal vs illegal one.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I find it curious that ALL of Zimmerman's past errors are "explained away" and is "of no issue" including ignoring the dispatcher and choosing to pursue the guy on foot yet wearing a hoodie, using marijuana and only God knows what else makes Treyvon automatically guilty...[/QUOTE]

I think so... You seem to forget, Zimmerman was the victim. Z was not trying to kill T. He was patrolling his neighborhood. Ole T got angry, as most people do when they are doing something wrong and are confronted by someone trying to stop them, and then proceeded to bash in Z's head. Where is the mystery? In my opinion, Z's past should not even come into play. He's the victim...

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I'll type really slowly since you don't seem to "get it".

Your past behavior is an indicator of your character. Neither of these guys seemed to be "squeaky clean" - as the Sanford PD erroneously claimed to Mr. Martin when trying to defend why Z wasn't arrested.

So everyone ought to be careful whom we choose as a "poster child". Trey was no saint and should not be considered such but neither am I or you. Any of you. He's condemned for his past (not long as he was 17/18 years old and he's automatically guilty because of THE CLOTHES HE WORE. I mean, really? I get it, too. Certain dress "styles" convey differing things but AUTOMATIC GUILT? I'm not seeing it.

U wish to live the lie? F'n go for it. It's a reflection of YOUR character as much as any of those involved in the cover-up.

Trying to be objective as I can be - discounting the asinine behavior of the "pro-Treyvon" groups and politicians as they have NOTHING to do with the two individuals and what frame of mind they may have been in and the officers and the DA... Something most certainly isn't right.

I know you try to present yourself as objective and the voice of reason, and you seem to think your the only one that can possibly offer any intelligent perspective. Well your wrong!

It does not matter what brought them together... It doesn't matter. Trayvon was trying to kill Martin Zimmerman and Zimmerman defended his life by killing Treyvon. That's it. The rest is smoke and mirrors. They could have just been eating together, drinking together, taking a bath together, whatever, it doesn't matter. When someone is attempting to take your life or cause you great bodily injury you have the right to defend yourself with deadly force. All the rest is smoke and mirrors. Again, it's the blacks trying to turn this into something racial. Trayvon was an up and coming criminal. What can whites or society do to prevent that?

Top Bottom