Plum Crazy Ar Lowers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Hey guys, I am looking for feedback on the PLUM CRAZY AR Lowers.
    I am about to pick up two and plan on some extensive, intense testing. I have held these and really like the feel but have yet to fire an AR with this lower.
    Please give me your feedback and thoughts on the lowers that YOU have used!

Not looking for a he said she said not even looking for your UNTRIED opinion, just true hard core FACTS!

I plan on using one extensively with Wolf, Brown Bear, Silver Bear and any other cheap steel case ammo just to see how it holds up.

I will keep this post updated as I burn thru the ammo. Any personal info and input is welcomed as well as encouraged.

MANY THANKS!!

KT

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I havent tried them yet but I would really like and apreciatte if you could post pics of the progress of the torture test, I am really interested in those polymer internals speciallyto see how they hold up and how they wear out at X amount of rounds.

Maybe do like a review at 500,1000, 3000, 5000 and if you make it to 10 000 rounds that be awesome LOL.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I will keep you informed BRO! I really doubt there will be any problem with the unit......only thing I would be concerned with and NOW I AM speculating because I don't have a clue......YET; but the LPK is the only thing that I have reserved concerns about, and that is 100% unproven by me!

QS, you are also very WELCOME to contribute to the ammo supply as well! I will take CASH, credit cards, Pay pal, Postal Money orders, Personal checks, gold, siver,and Bayoushooter thread IOU's ! :rofl:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    QS, you are also very WELCOME to contribute to the ammo supply as well! I will take CASH, credit cards, Pay pal, Postal Money orders, Personal checks, gold, siver,and Bayoushooter thread IOU's ! :rofl:

Brother you asked for every singe thing that I DONT HAVE hahahahahhahahaaha! you should know by now that Latinos are only good for labor, so maybe next time ask me to help you build a fence or something among those lines and I'm game.

:rofl::mamoru:

petelanca

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Grand Lake 70607
    I got two from rockmup they are as advertised. 4-5 hd rounds through each. No problems. 2k may be a different story....not there yet. Plastic takedown pins are a bit dinky. They were not intended to be investment builds for me.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I've been interested to see how they hold up to wear and tear as well, and really hope you keep us updated as your tests go down. Like you, it's the internals that have made me curious-- pictures would be awesome as you give them a good beating.

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Well the testing has to start somewhere! As you can see I installed the first one on a M4gery M&P upper. I had just ran a few rounds out of my FAL so I didn't want to be greeted by APSO today so I stopped at only one MAG! BUT I wanted to start with that and then take a few looks, well you can't tell of course that it has been used.
    I also tried to do some color inlay....as well as my normal method works, it's just not right for the PLUMCRAZY lowers, the letters are too wide. I will take a different angle in the near future.

plumcrazyrec1.jpg

plumcrazy1.jpg

plumcrazy2.jpg

Disregard the white specks that's not a receiver flaw that is a owner flaw that I didn't get cleaned before taking pics.

ANYWAY! 20 rounds and counting! I will keep the thread up to date.

NOTE: This was with PMC brass ammo, the steel ammo with start next week!

Also the rifle with the PlumCrazy lower as seen weighs in with empty mag at 6.2 lbs.
    The same upper and unloaded mag on an Essential Arms lower with ACE Skelton stock weighs in at 7.1 lbs. so it's 14.4 oz less than the EA with the ACE stock!

Last edited:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    According to my postal scale:

Complete Plumcrazy lower with stock, as received from rockmup: 1 pound, 11.5 ounces.

JSE upper with Plumcrazy lower, without sights or magazine: 5 pounds, 14.7 ounces.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    at what point temperature from a lot of shooting in a single session become an issue? what are the heat tolerances?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    According to my postal scale:

Complete Plumcrazy lower with stock, as received from rockmup: 1 pound, 11.5 ounces.

JSE upper with Plumcrazy lower, without sights or magazine: 5 pounds, 14.7 ounces.

Anybody have the weights of a typical lower for comparison?

This is very tempting....

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Not sure about the temperature issue BUT I will tell you that the first 20 rds that I fired were ALL in a very very rapid manor! The barrel of course was hot as a mudder, the receiver had do difference in temperature feel, that was one of the tings I wanted to try, tomorrow evening I will load 4 or 5 mags and give it another run of rapid fire. Probably only 2 or 3 consecutive mags. I may bring a temp pyrometer from work and test the difference before and after.
    Guys I am telling you these receivers are the schite! You better grab them now! I see the price only going up as they start reaching the market!

How many glocks have you seen fail due to temperature issues? Many with all the HARDCORE GLOCK LOVERS here I figured you guys would be all over this thing!

Just my thoughts of course!

KT

Top Bottom