Plum Crazy Ar Lowers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    120 rounds 223 and about 500 rounds 22 through the plumcrazy/bushmaster/cmmg combo today. Not ONE failure of ANY kind. The lower never even got warm,the cmmg 22 kit ran perfectly and the bushmaster upper was ready for more.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Well my package of EBR accessories came in today! I added a set of iron sights on top, and got one of those 45-degree-angle rail adapter thingies so that my red dot scope is offset instead of in the line of the iron sights. Hopefully this works! I still consider it a "budget AR" but I need to stop accessorizing...

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    0803002305a.jpg

Latest config... took the red dot and laser and put 'em on the draco. The sight on it now is still about the same price as the red dot (but it's more accurate), but add the flip up sights and I'm creeeping out of "budget" range! :D I like it better now... only thing I want to add is a flashlight, on the bottom rail.

Last edited:

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    The flip-up sights are NCStar... definitely "budget", but I will give you guys a proper range report soon on the whole package!

Bearit that's what I thought... that's how they show it in their own pic though!

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    The Midwest gas block sights fold to the front also. Let us know how those NCstar sights work, I was looking at those for my JSE upper.

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Well guys I wish I could give you a good range report on this AR. Unfortunately, as I said in my range report on Honey Island, after the first mag the rifle stopped ejecting rounds. I manually shot a few rounds out of three different mags, but nothing. I'm thinking it's some kind of gas issue, hopefully something simple... but I have yet to strip it and do detective work. I'm a bit bummed out but I'm still hopeful.

do2gomike

Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    lafitte,la
    P C

The plum crazy lower is complete, well more than complete, you get all the internal fixins for the lower plus a 6 position stock. Mine fit nice and almost too tight on a bushmaster upper. If you want to get 2k rounds, come on over! You run 1k and I will run the other 1k. We will see what the PC lower has to say afterwards. Heck it has a LIFETIME warranty! While your at it buy a 22 conversion kit also! So your looking at 140 for the lower, 335 for the upper, add some sights and a conversion kit. I think you would be way under 700 bucks. (for the basics) But if your like me and everyone else, you wont stop there. Gotta have rails, covers, scopes, lions,tigers and bears OH MY!

+ 1

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well guys I wish I could give you a good range report on this AR. Unfortunately, as I said in my range report on Honey Island, after the first mag the rifle stopped ejecting rounds. I manually shot a few rounds out of three different mags, but nothing. I'm thinking it's some kind of gas issue, hopefully something simple... but I have yet to strip it and do detective work. I'm a bit bummed out but I'm still hopeful.

The only problem on the lower that I think would cause this is the buffer spring. Take the upper off and check that function.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    There's an interesting story about an AR15 build using the Plum Crazy lower, in the current issue of Shotgun News. Talks extensively about pros/cons, alternatives, how it works, the poly (or should I say graphite) parts, and the difference between the current receivers and past receivers from other manufacturers.

Top Bottom