Plum Crazy Ar Lowers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Got that rail from the counter at Bayou Dragon... but you can get them online, they're about 10-12 bucks. A search on "AR handguard rail" should bring a number of places to order 'em. I think you need a rail there! :D
    I agree!

I know rail segments are easy to find, but how did you attach it? And is this the standard handguard that came with the JSE?

Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    Yes, it's the standard handguard that came with it. You have to take the handguards off and the rail is secured from inside through the existing handguard holes. Then just reinstall the handguards and you have a rail. :D

Last edited:

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Yes, it's the standard handguard that came with it. You have to take the handguards off and the rail is secured from inside through the existing handguard holes. Then just reinstall the handguards and you have a rail. :D

This!

There are 4 screws that attach to the holes in the handguard. It was a very easy install.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Try to find one retail so you can try it out first (or at least take it back easily). I bought one and it didn't fit the handguards correctly. I thought all handguards would have the same hole spacing but they don't.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Anyone tried a Bushmaster upper on a plum crazy lower? Im picking up a 16.5 A2 bushy upper this weekend. My buddy screwed up and told me he had 800+ rounds, gonna give it a work out this weekend.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    my bushmaster upper fit fine on the plum crazy lower. haven't shot it but i dri fired it a couple times to check for function and all seems well i don't forsee any problems.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Im amazed at the crisp trigger pull on the Plum lower, doesnt seem to have any slack in it at all. I am no expert by any means but compared to the other guns I own its tied with my buckmark trigger at being my favorite. If it would just cool off some outside!

attachment.php

Last edited:

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Looking good man!!!

My "budget" AR is quickly becoming not-so-budget... I ordered a bunch more stuff for it today, will post pics when it all comes in. :)

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    The ultimate budget AR: Plum crazy lower, JSE upper, BSA RGB dot and nifty lazer beam (gosh!) - plus 7 mags, a case, and 400 rounds of ammo, and still under the cost of many uppers - about 700 bucks total invested!

Looks like this will be my new project....I'll have to put the Saiga 12 on the side. This is way under budget for me!! Now I need to find the JSE Upper. HA!

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Will someone bash the crap out of this thing with 2k+ rounds in a weekend, so I can stop being lazy and buy one?

So these are complete lowers we're talking about? For some reason, I guess I've been assuming this whole time that they were stripped. Someone mentioned the trigger pull-- what does everyone have to say?

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    The plum crazy lower is complete, well more than complete, you get all the internal fixins for the lower plus a 6 position stock. Mine fit nice and almost too tight on a bushmaster upper. If you want to get 2k rounds, come on over! You run 1k and I will run the other 1k. We will see what the PC lower has to say afterwards. Heck it has a LIFETIME warranty! While your at it buy a 22 conversion kit also! So your looking at 140 for the lower, 335 for the upper, add some sights and a conversion kit. I think you would be way under 700 bucks. (for the basics) But if your like me and everyone else, you wont stop there. Gotta have rails, covers, scopes, lions,tigers and bears OH MY!

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Cmon Down!

Will someone bash the crap out of this thing with 2k+ rounds in a weekend, so I can stop being lazy and buy one?

So these are complete lowers we're talking about? For some reason, I guess I've been assuming this whole time that they were stripped. Someone mentioned the trigger pull-- what does everyone have to say?
    \

Get the ammo and come on over to walker! PlumCrazy is COMPLETE!

Bama2LA

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    GMSHOOTER and RockMup both sponsors here have great deals on various uppers! Contact thses guys!

KT

Okay, I'm crossing my fingers that I can get one today. But I have a dumb question for all the AR15 people in here.

If the upper is chambered for 5.56 I can rotate .223 through the barrel with no issues but if it's chambered for .223 I should not/can't rotate 5.56 through it.

Just want to make sure about this before I do take the leap.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Okay, I'm crossing my fingers that I can get one today. But I have a dumb question for all the AR15 people in here.

If the upper is chambered for 5.56 I can rotate .223 through the barrel with no issues but if it's chambered for .223 I should not/can't rotate 5.56 through it.

Just want to make sure about this before I do take the leap.

Correct. 5.56 is hotter than 223. Someone already confirmed these are 5.56 barrels. I'd get the M4 feed ramp option if you order. It doesn't cost anything.

Top Bottom