4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    so some of ya want to be ( that guy) . better yet your children are (that guy) . my stepbrother is (that guy) serving 7 yrs this time . and hes 30 and still wants to be (that guy) . oh thats right , but he such a good boy .
    Are you typing drunk, sir?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    so some of ya want to be ( that guy) . better yet your children are (that guy) . my stepbrother is (that guy) serving 7 yrs this time . and hes 30 and still wants to be (that guy) . oh thats right , but he such a good boy .

Are you typing drunk, sir?

puzzled-man.jpg

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    This is no where close to Nazi Germany. Vere are vore papers and all that Jazz. Quit primadonnaing the situation. Talk to the gentleman like an adult and you'll get treated as such. They don't care if you're going pick up 8 prostitues and an 8 ball of coke, they're just looking for signs of impaired driving. If you don't like it plead the 5th and call your lawyer and go from there at the first question of how are you doing tonight.

Man, see, this is why i hadn't responded for so long, b/c a lot of you are incapable of making responses that aren't filled with strawmen statements...it gets old, and I don't want to chase your comments around to keep the conversation going.

I guess if you can't see the difference between stopping intoxicated motorists and random checkpoints for firearms( or to ask if your left handed.) then I can't help ya.

But they ARE NOT solely stopping intoxicated motorist are they??? No, they are forcing everyone to stop and be given permission to continue on with their day.

Those that think that this is an infringement should tell us why they feel that way.

imo, it is an infringement on my 4th Amendment Right b/c it allows police to force me to stop without any reason! I'm literally treated as a criminal until I can prove my innocents!

Whacka-whacka-whacka

What if someone went around filming YOU all day?

Then they would have to literally be in my house all day since I work from home...you are familiar with private property rights, aren't you? Are you also familiar with the phrase 'apples to oranges'? well that's what you are doing here.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I don't mind them so much, but IMO they seem to be potential lawyer bombs for departments at what seems to be very little benefit.

High Risk > Low Reward type situation. I say that b/c I simply can't find anything solid showing that the check points do anything to curb alcohol-related Vehicle crashes or deaths.

Not even the LEO's we have here have much to say about it.

I asked a Deputy friend of mine last night and he said they don't set them up often, but when they do it's a drag really b/c they rarely if ever catch a Drunk Driver.

So that's why to me it seems high risk, low reward. :dunno:

Seems like staking out a Bar would be better? I have no LEO experience to speak on that, but I know in Ruston they do that all the time. They park right inside City Limits and pull behind people leaving the outside clubs after 0200.

Seemed to work pretty good oddly enough.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    IIRC they got their hands slapped for "entrapment" or some ****, by setting up outside bars. Maybe just here in Lafayette. I don't know if "entrapment" is right, but I remember reading newspaper drama about their locations being "wrong".

It's fukcing stupid. If they're legal, I don't see how they're legal in one public street and not another... if they're going to do it, let them put them on the main street heading out of the strip of bars. Let them set up around a sharp corner of Jefferson Street in Lafayette or something. There's no reason you have to give them a 'sporting chance' to get away or something... that's fukcing stupid.

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    It seems like many agree(tho some can't see it) that the check point themselves are questionable and possible rights violating, how ever there are those that think the poor guy given the job of working that detail is the way to prove it/fix it as opposed to attacking the politicians that has put us all in this position.

Taking a swipe at the tail of a snake does nothing to prevent it from biting you.

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    The Cleveland cops I grew up with would of politely taken him out of the car and beat the $hit out of him. There would of been no video recorder found. He would of spent the night in the second precinct on a steel cot in a cell that smelled like a urinal with vomit all over the floor. If he was lucky, he may of gotten his car back only slightly damaged and not by some dog scratching it. I guess I grew up in a time that you always respected the cops unless you wanted your a$$ kicked. That's why I always say "Yes Sir" and "whatever you want Officer".

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I don't mind them so much, but IMO they seem to be potential lawyer bombs for departments at what seems to be very little benefit.

I asked a Deputy friend of mine last night and he said they don't set them up often, but when they do it's a drag really b/c they rarely if ever catch a Drunk Driver.

Your Deputy friend must work in a very isolated area in a dry County.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    The Cleveland cops I grew up with would of politely taken him out of the car and beat the $hit out of him. There would of been no video recorder found. He would of spent the night in the second precinct on a steel cot in a cell that smelled like a urinal with vomit all over the floor. If he was lucky, he may of gotten his car back only slightly damaged and not by some dog scratching it. I guess I grew up in a time that you always respected the cops unless you wanted your a$$ kicked. That's why I always say "Yes Sir" and "whatever you want Officer".

I guess you grew up in a time where people regularly had their civil rights violated.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Your Deputy friend must work in a very isolated area in a dry County.

I won't throw out his Credentials/Area but we are pretty much in the Bible Belt of the State :dunno:

I also don't think just b/c THEY'RE check points don't catch folks that other Parishes won't either. I was just giveing an example. Like I said, I can't find any evidence that they seem to be worth the struggle? I guess is a good word?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I won't throw out his Credentials/Area but we are pretty much in the Bible Belt of the State :dunno:

I also don't think just b/c THEY'RE check points don't catch folks that other Parishes won't either. I was just giveing an example. Like I said, I can't find any evidence that they seem to be worth the struggle? I guess is a good word?

I live in a small City in a rural area that does not have a bar and they are quite effective here.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I guess you grew up in a time where people regularly had their civil rights violated.

He did.

And believe it or not, if you think cops are so out of control now, you should have been alive in the 50's and 60's.

You didn't go to jail many times, you just got the **** kicked out of you.

There weren't any tazers, you got a night stick upside your head until you complied. I know of one now deceased officer from this area who BENT the barrel of an S&W revolver on a dude's head, and this wasn't a tall tale.

So yeah, on occasion, people do have their rights violated, but its NOTHING compared to the way things USED to be. And you know America is so horrible and so forth, go pull these same stunts on the police in Mexico or some other Central American country or Eastern Europe or the Middle East and see how it turns out for you.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    He did.

And believe it or not, if you think cops are so out of control now, you should have been alive in the 50's and 60's.

There weren't any tazers, you got a night stick upside your head until you complied. I know of one now deceased officer from this area who BENT the barrel of an S&W revolver on a dude's head, and this wasn't a tall tale.

So yeah, on occasion, people do have their rights violated, but its NOTHING compared to the way things USED to be. And you know America is so horrible and so forth, go pull these same stunts on the police in Mexico or some other Central American country or Eastern Europe or the Middle East and see how it turns out for you.

I was around in the 50's and 60's and Leadfoot is correct. A very common phrase in New Orleans was " Up Against the Wall M F" and if you did not comply immediately you would receive a night stick on your head. No 15 minute video or discussion, comply immediately or receive a beat down.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I heard tales of CPD in the '40s that would roust the stew-bums out of alleys and apartment stoups and if they ever got out of line*CRACK* nightstick discipline. In those days, how else would you get a rowdy, lawless group to respect the badge? One guy walking a beat, six bullets in revolver, no gun restrictions(mail-order firearms were common.) and the only radio was a callbox on every other corner. When it came to compliance, you didn't play. If you were meek you didn't walk 3rd shift patrol.

He did.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Recordings can actually come in handy. Here's something slightly different....:eek4:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

If I was to pick a City that best represents the USA Cleveland would definitely be high on my list... :rolleyes:

They even have an awesome theme song.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom