4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I'm sure that anyone who is lucky to have a job would be fine with someone just showing up with a camera, filming everything you do and then critiquing it, then posting it on the internet so the entire world can see what an awesome job you are doing.

Think about that next time you want to post something about someone else. Put yourselves in their shoes. Doesn't sound so pleasant does it?

Police officers, Firefighters & EMT's deal with people when they are absolutely at their worst, everyday. Not just sometimes, everyday.

Our jobs deal with life and death. Not sometimes, all the time. If a chef cooks your steak wrong, you're pissed, but its not life or death.

If a clerk overcharges you for your purchase at a store, you're pissed, but its not life or death.

Public servants are there to serve and protect the public. 95% of the time 95% of the officers do so in a manner that never makes the news. We are polite, courteous & respectful. We do our damnedest to know the law we are charged with enforcing. We do our damnedest to make sure we come home every night.

Sometimes, we don't meet YOUR expectations. We're human.

Nobody gets second guessed or argued with more than we do.

This isn't a whine, we know we have a tough job. We asked for it. But before you're so quick to condemn us, think about if it was you in our shoes.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    There's a reason why people don't film machinists and bankers working so it can be posted and critiqued on the Internet.

JR1572

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    There's a reason why people don't film machinists and bankers working so it can be posted and critiqued on the Internet.

JR1572

b/c they work on private property? b/c they can't assault you and get away with it as easily as the police? b/c they can't make up assault charges or drug charges and get your Rights taken away as easily as the state enforcers can? b/c they don't operate under a gov't mandated monopoly like police do, where fear of going out of business is never a concern? b/c people don't fear machinists and bankers bullying them around, and therefore don't feel the need to film them?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm sure that anyone who is lucky to have a job would be fine with someone just showing up with a camera, filming everything you do and then critiquing it, then posting it on the internet so the entire world can see what an awesome job you are doing.

Think about that next time you want to post something about someone else. Put yourselves in their shoes. Doesn't sound so pleasant does it?

Police officers, Firefighters & EMT's deal with people when they are absolutely at their worst, everyday. Not just sometimes, everyday.

Our jobs deal with life and death. Not sometimes, all the time. If a chef cooks your steak wrong, you're pissed, but its not life or death.

If a clerk overcharges you for your purchase at a store, you're pissed, but its not life or death.

Public servants are there to serve and protect the public. 95% of the time 95% of the officers do so in a manner that never makes the news. We are polite, courteous & respectful. We do our damnedest to know the law we are charged with enforcing. We do our damnedest to make sure we come home every night.

Sometimes, we don't meet YOUR expectations. We're human.

Nobody gets second guessed or argued with more than we do.

This isn't a whine, we know we have a tough job. We asked for it. But before you're so quick to condemn us, think about if it was you in our shoes.

You are 100% correct! I would cede everything you stated. But can someone at least get the memo out to EVERYONE concerned, that filming police is not a crime! These videos sure make it look they (the ones being taped), think it is. That is the ONLY thing that bothers me, because it always leads to more unnecessary Constitutional problems.

You (us in general), are always going to have people pushing your buttons! Why give in to the urge (boy it would be hard for me too), to shove the camera up their annoying asses. It's a pitfall that perpetuates itself.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Not at all. All of this controversy is making LE stops, (Every stop, if they had reason or not.) sound like JBT's asking for "Papers Please." . But what you may not see is the real reason that checkpoint was set up in the first place. Nobody wants to hear it or believe anything they already "know" as fact, but what if somebody with the dept. did research and found that that roadway/highway/street has shown to have a lot of drunken activity, during certain times on certain days. Would you then allow the police to attempt to prevent any more behavior by doing stops? Or should they just turn a blind eye and wait to clean up a mess?

I used the inner city/ghetto example because, that too, is a removal of your freedom to travel freely throughout the state. Some people could save hours a week by taking a direct route home through those neighborhoods, but know when they get stopped, it won't be by LE, and it won't only take 10-15 minutes of your time.

There are freedoms, and there are privileges. Which one is driving?

Last time I checked BR didn't have any "do not enter under penalty of law, car jacking thugs ahead" signs posted. CHOOSING to enter the democrat zone despite the risks is quintessential of freedom. Being able to make your own decision and creating your own outcome is the very meaning on freedom.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    There are Rights, and there are privileges. Which one is the 4th Amendment?

How's about police set up checkpoints on public roads to ask people if they've purchased any firearms today? Let's have them even set these checkpoints up in high traffic gun areas too. I mean, afterall, there are crazies out there who will go off and kill/injure people with their gun...and if we can save just one life, it would all be worth it right? I mean really think about it! What if the police didn't set up this checkpoint, and someone with a gun splattered your mother's brains all over the walls...how would you feel then??? I even bet there's a good probability that we'd stop a lot of gang members too with stolen weapons and all.

Oh wait, you have the 2nd amendment Right, endowed by your Creator, put on paper in the Constitution, to purchase a gun? Well, I have the right to travel without being subject to unreasonable searches of my persons, papers, and effects, granted to me by my Creator, and put to paper in the same Constitution. We should support the entire Bill of Rights, and shouldn't be so willing to give up our Rights for so-called Security.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    b/c they work on private property? b/c they can't assault you and get away with it as easily as the police? b/c they can't make up assault charges or drug charges and get your Rights taken away as easily as the state enforcers can? b/c they don't operate under a gov't mandated monopoly like police do, where fear of going out of business is never a concern? b/c people don't fear machinists and bankers bullying them around, and therefore don't feel the need to film them?

Yeah yeah yeah, we know.

JR1572

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville

How's about police set up checkpoints on public roads to ask people if they've purchased any firearms today? Let's have them even set these checkpoints up in high traffic gun areas too. I mean, afterall, there are crazies out there who will go off and kill/injure people with their gun...and if we can save just one life, it would all be worth it right? I mean really think about it! What if the police didn't set up this checkpoint, and someone with a gun splattered your mother's brains all over the walls...how would you feel then??? I even bet there's a good probability that we'd stop a lot of gang members too with stolen weapons and all.

Oh wait, you have the 2nd amendment Right, endowed by your Creator, put on paper in the Constitution, to purchase a gun? Well, I have the right to travel without being subject to unreasonable searches of my persons, papers, and effects, granted to me by my Creator, and put to paper in the same Constitution. We should support the entire Bill of Rights, and shouldn't be so willing to give up our Rights for so-called Security.

This is no where close to Nazi Germany. Vere are vore papers and all that Jazz. Quit primadonnaing the situation. Talk to the gentleman like an adult and you'll get treated as such. They don't care if you're going pick up 8 prostitues and an 8 ball of coke, they're just looking for signs of impaired driving. If you don't like it plead the 5th and call your lawyer and go from there at the first question of how are you doing tonight.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    This is no where close to Nazi Germany. Vere are vore papers and all that Jazz. Quit primadonnaing the situation. Talk to the gentleman like an adult and you'll get treated as such. They don't care if you're going pick up 8 prostitues and an 8 ball of coke, they're just looking for signs of impaired driving. If you don't like it plead the 5th and call your lawyer and go from there at the first question of how are you doing tonight.

Stop it. You're ruining their fantasy.

JR1572

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    See? Sometimes all you really have to do is talk about certain issues, and everything works out just fine. It took ten pages- but I really sense we're getting somewhere with this. :thumbsup:

tumblr_mdlk5gKXLh1qz8ca1o1_500.gif

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

JR1572
    For a certain level of bankers it is recorded. When it becomes the interest of the public, tracking and record keeping exists.

Same with machinists. Their work is held accountable by all interested parties. It varies based on who/what the work is for. If I am working somewhere that takes a job contracted out by Boeing, the list is long, thorough, and hefty, how everything gets done, whodunnit, howtheydunnit, whentheydunnit, etc. Everything short of video is taken. However the accountability is absolutely there. Video, however, wouldn't really change anything or help either side. If video recording helped Boeing of the contracted manufacturer, I guarantee it'd be there.

Aside from that, what's your point - do you think people shouldn't be allowed to video record in public? If that's not your point then who cares. Don't focus on the video recording - just focus on the douchebags being douchebags, regardless of how they douche.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    For a certain level of bankers it is recorded. When it becomes the interest of the public, tracking and record keeping exists.

Same with machinists. Their work is held accountable by all interested parties. It varies based on who/what the work is for. If I am working somewhere that takes a job contracted out by Boeing, the list is long, thorough, and hefty, how everything gets done, whodunnit, howtheydunnit, whentheydunnit, etc. Everything short of video is taken. However the accountability is absolutely there. Video, however, wouldn't really change anything or help either side. If video recording helped Boeing of the contracted manufacturer, I guarantee it'd be there.

Aside from that, what's your point - do you think people shouldn't be allowed to video record in public? If that's not your point then who cares. Don't focus on the video recording - just focus on the douchebags being douchebags, regardless of how they douche.

The point is videos of bankers and machinists don't cause guys like you, SVT, and the rest of the Sovereign Citizen Brigade to get all excited and spout y'all's vast knowledge about police procedures on the Internet.

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    What did I say to deserve being lumped in with SVT? Or where did I even espouse anything about supposedly knowing police procedures?

ETA: Note that I'm not one of the people repeatedly throwing around "probable cause" "reasonable suspicion" like I know what they mean in detail, or spouting stories about dog-trainer corruption and abuse. That ain't me.

Last edited:

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I guess if you can't see the difference between stopping intoxicated motorists and random checkpoints for firearms( or to ask if your left handed.) then I can't help ya.

Those that think that this is an infringement should tell us why they feel that way. If you don't think LE serves a purpose, and is only sitting in units, sipping coffee and surfing the web, then what do you need them for? Their only issuing tickets, flirting with female motorists and harassing the innocent public, with the intend of ruining the lives of innocents.

Everybody has a firearm, everybody's safe, and if there was a home invasion you'd call who? the neighbors?

The way those people bash LE for a few bad apples is far worst than how LE views the public. A public that statistically have a higher rate of bad apples.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

Whacka-whacka-whacka

What if someone went around filming YOU all day?

You'd come on here and scream about your rights being violated.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Last time I checked BR didn't have any "do not enter under penalty of law, car jacking thugs ahead" signs posted. CHOOSING to enter the democrat zone despite the risks is quintessential of freedom. Being able to make your own decision and creating your own outcome is the very meaning on freedom.

Exactly.

pwl822

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    boyce
    so some of ya want to be ( that guy) . better yet your children are (that guy) . my stepbrother is (that guy) serving 7 yrs this time . and hes 30 and still wants to be (that guy) . oh thats right , but he such a good boy .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom