4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    One thing I was never big on was driving drunk. I have seen many friends have to deal with DWI's and its just not worth it. I don't even drink anymore, so its a non issue for me, but even when I was partying my ass off I still never condoned driving drunk.

Part of me wants to say checkpoints are part of a police state, then the other part of me wants to just say **** it. Personally, I think its a waste of tax $ and a way for the police force and court system, and other private entities to put $ in there pockets.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I know what ya meant. I was more of using it as a stepping stone to my point. All of that said though, I do see a good reason for DWI checkpoints, but I think allowing law enforcement to start stopping / detaining people without reason or consent is just opening a door for future problems. History has shown that once you give a small group (ie police) more and more power that the power will be abused and eventually will lead to more and more problems. I will not argue that the checkpoints do not work as they clearly do, but I do think that it would be more productive to have all of those officers patrolling or even parked somewhere, but spread out as to cover more ground.

As mentioned above, with the evolution of social media everyone and their mothers know where the checkpoints are shortly after they are started. If cops were out moving around this problem would be alleviated. Also, I don't know any cops who actually enjoy working the checkpoints.

Roger, tracking man!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    But it's still a state issue, many states do not allow them. And Louisiana does not have a track record of violating rights. That's why I just am not mentally capable of making the imaginary leap from DUI checkpoints to "OMG dur takin mah guns!" Because it's not gonna happen.
    lol on how long of a time line are you looking?

And the difference in attitude is gun control is not logical. We all know, proven as fact, that gun control does not reduce crime or homicide. It's a power trip based on beliefs and motives of people trying to thwart the very foundation of our country, with zero positive outcome.

On the flipside, no one here could in good conscience say that no DUI chekpoints have ever saved a life. And the ultimate cost is you have to roll down your window and say "hi" to a cop. Oh man, the horror. I don't even know how I sleep at night knowing this is going on. **** the 200+ kids that die in drunk driving accidents every year, my car window has rights!
    Yes, even with DUI check points, all these people die every year. Your argument is illogical - it's set up to require proof of a negative.

--

Also, it's not very honest to say that anyone saying checkpoints, "stop and frisk" policies, and other such things are bad are also the same people who think confronting cops about it and video recording 24/7 while open carrying is good. I think it's all bad. I also don't give cops **** if I get stuck in a check point. I'm polite and treat him like a human being all the same. It ain't his fault. I hate the policy, so I blame the policy makers. It's a ******** policy, but I take it up the ass and deal with it like I deal with a hundred other disagreements I have with how legislation goes. **** happens. Doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I also don't give cops **** if I get stuck in a check point. I'm polite and treat him like a human being all the same. It ain't his fault. I hate the policy, so I blame the policy makers. It's a ******** policy, but I take it up the ass and deal with it like I deal with a hundred other disagreements I have with how legislation goes. **** happens. Doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it.

That's totally understandable, and you certainly handle it like a big boy. My post was primarily directed at the people that are just plain outraged and lose sleep over this ****. You're just more fun to argue with. :kiss:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Hell, while we're at it, damn the game wardens and their random checks to see if the deer I killed had spots or if I've got too many bass in my ice chest! They're infringing on my rights man! I'm gonna sue the #%+^ out of the next one that pulls me over to see if we're drinking and driving the boat!

That's the spirit, now you're a patriot.

MOTOR51

mdp

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    What is that supposed to mean?

Yes, please tell.

Well, according to his profile he is an LEO.

I'm no expert on police SOPs, however, I do understand it doesn't take an expert to see that the case in point isn't a case of drunk driving, its a case of an educated citizen resisting an LEO's sense of self-ordained authority.

Police on almost a daily basis have lost sight of their purpose. The citizen pays tax dollars to fund police to fight crime, not infringe on our rights.

Our priority is not to make ourselves disposable to the police to ease their duties, police are paid to prevent crime whenever possible, within the LAWS they are bound to observe.

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    One thing I was never big on was driving drunk. I have seen many friends have to deal with DWI's and its just not worth it. I don't even drink anymore, so its a non issue for me, but even when I was partying my ass off I still never condoned driving drunk.

This is me in a nutshell. I think the last time I had anything to drink was my birthday back in March, and I was tipsy off half a beer :eek4:

I just have different feelings towards checkpoints in that I support them. It's a long story, but being that I also work nights frequently, I tend to go through them. A lot. I don't necessarily mind the inconvenience.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

I'm no expert on police SOPs, however, I do understand it doesn't take an expert to see that the case in point isn't a case of drunk driving, its a case of an educated citizen resisting an LEO's sense of self-ordained authority.

Police on almost a daily basis have lost sight of their purpose. The citizen pays tax dollars to fund police to fight crime, not infringe on our rights.

Our priority is not to make ourselves disposable to the police to ease their duties, police are paid to prevent crime whenever possible, within the LAWS they are bound to observe.

While I totally agree with your general statement of what we should expect from our law enforcement, I am not sure you have been around long enough to get to know motor and the type of man he is in or out of uniform. That is unless you are a returning member that has cloaked himself under a different user name and have a personal vendetta against him. But, each has the right to their own opinion. Although I don't know him very well, I have met the man and I didn't catch any bad vibes and I wont judge his work ethic based from his comments on an internet forum whether I agree with them or not.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I also, would like to remind ya, mdp that internet bravado is just that, and Anyone around here that chooses to be a cop of any degree is doing is for reasons other than money and fame.. There is zero money in it, and they are faced with some of the highest crime in the country and its violent crime..

THey are also not legally bound to help, its a best effort type thing..

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Read this man's recent post activity, and ask yourself if you feel comfortable with someone with that mindset being a "LEO".

Sickening.

It's really not that serious, man. :dogkeke:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Read this man's recent post activity, and ask yourself if you feel comfortable with someone with that mindset being a "LEO".

Sickening.

Please do tell of my mindset. I would like to know how I am sickening. Thanks.

MOTOR51

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

Another one raises it's head!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Sickening.

First post outside of the classifieds and you're already making an ass out of yourself? You have a bright future here.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This video has really blown up on the net....It's being discussed on local talk radio, right now, as well.

So here is a question many seem to be asking about this case: Did the deputy do the right thing when he asked the kid 'How old are you' ?

I admit it: It's sometimes difficult to see a young person bucking authority and not make assumptions. At least speaking for myself. In fact, I'm inclined to do it here after watching the video. I guess it's just something that comes naturally with age.... :o :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom