4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    I think the Open Carry and confront LEO crowd has bled into our general public forum, it's cool to start **** with the same guys you call frantically when you need help.

I think it's easier for these "camera everywhere" types to confront LE, because cops have a job to do and people to answer to and don't hand out the beat down like every cop-basher describes. Everyone complains for the inconvenience, but look at your own job. If you only dealt with asshats, drunks and honest citizens who just haven't been caught yet, you'd quit today. These guys deal with everybody else's tragedy, trauma and loss and hope they can forget it (inhumane behavior & carnage.) in a week. The big brave open carry guy wants confrontation, and I think he should look more toward the inner cities where there are higher numbers of shootings. His display of open firearms will make the area more "polite" right?

The camera jockey driving through checkpoints should drive through the ghetto to get his point across. Those neighborhoods take away a motorist's rights by making it unsafe to drive freely anywhere you want. You have a right to drive through the worst part of any town In the U.S. so go prove your standing up for your rights by rolling through the hood with your camera on and see if you want to stop and declare your constitutional rights to be there.

Then, maybe LEO won't seem so bad knocking on your window.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    I think it's easier for these "camera everywhere" types to confront LE, because cops have a job to do and people to answer to and don't hand out the beat down like every cop-basher describes. Everyone complains for the inconvenience, but look at your own job. If you only dealt with asshats, drunks and honest citizens who just haven't been caught yet, you'd quit today. These guys deal with everybody else's tragedy, trauma and loss and hope they can forget it (inhumane behavior & carnage.) in a week. The big brave open carry guy wants confrontation, and I think he should look more toward the inner cities where there are higher numbers of shootings. His display of open firearms will make the area more "polite" right?

The camera jockey driving through checkpoints should drive through the ghetto to get his point across. Those neighborhoods take away a motorist's rights by making it unsafe to drive freely anywhere you want. You have a right to drive through the worst part of any town In the U.S. so go prove your standing up for your rights by rolling through the hood with your camera on and see if you want to stop and declare your constitutional rights to be there.

Good points.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville

Bravo sir. Well said.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    $hit, guys- who doesn't have a camera on them, these days? :dogkeke:

Not everyone uses them for Cop Trolling, though.

You know- kind of like open carry. :)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There is a lot of loose change on the floor in here. :mamoru:

I am miffed that the focal points of the debate are watered down to emotion; and snide sounding personal attacks.

Pick and Choose Liberty is not cool! Having someone choose for you is worse!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I am miffed that the focal points of the debate are watered down to emotion; and snide sounding personal attacks.

See- that's what makes you who you are, Emp: A keen sense of sarcasm. :rofl:

:p

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Update

UPDATE: TheBlaze has corrected that neither Axl David nor Kalbaugh have said his confrontation with the police officer was planned. David emailed TheBlaze saying too that Kalbaugh had never called it a *crash the checkpoint party.* TheBlaze had reported based on an article from the Daily News Journal that David had spoken with Kalbaugh about planning the confrontation to *exercise his rights.*

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Shouldn't these so called "journalists" be doing their own research, or are they going to give me eternal ammunition to state how pathetic and phony they are?

I don't know how much more I could despise them without having an aneurism.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    My last two cents on this topic. For those readers who are looking for solid info regarding your rights, PLEASE DONT take what you read on here (internet) as sound advice! I suggest you check out WESTLAW and/or LEXIS and read some of the case law. Please keep in mind that the time to make your case is in the court room, NOT the street! If you feel strongly about an incident you are / were involved in, be prepared to spend time and some money. But for GODS SAKE, please educate yourself with legitimate and up to date case law before giving people advise. You will find out that it is not black and white!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    You've said some crazy **** before.

Are you trying to go for a new record?
    Just trying to cut through the BS and figure out the point. I could only glean a couple points from the text, and that one seemed to be the more consistent theme, of bringing up how much worse it is in other places.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Don't be surprised if you see the police using a camera to video you!
    I'd be surprised if they didn't, as a rule, and I'd respect a cop that did so. Takes his job serious and knows the risks. I wouldn't blame an officer one bit if they had a shoulder/chest mounted camera or something like that.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    So the tl;dr of that is "It's better than being shot or beaten so suck it up." ?

Not at all. All of this controversy is making LE stops, (Every stop, if they had reason or not.) sound like JBT's asking for "Papers Please." . But what you may not see is the real reason that checkpoint was set up in the first place. Nobody wants to hear it or believe anything they already "know" as fact, but what if somebody with the dept. did research and found that that roadway/highway/street has shown to have a lot of drunken activity, during certain times on certain days. Would you then allow the police to attempt to prevent any more behavior by doing stops? Or should they just turn a blind eye and wait to clean up a mess?

I used the inner city/ghetto example because, that too, is a removal of your freedom to travel freely throughout the state. Some people could save hours a week by taking a direct route home through those neighborhoods, but know when they get stopped, it won't be by LE, and it won't only take 10-15 minutes of your time.

There are freedoms, and there are privileges. Which one is driving?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Your assertion for why they place them where they do may be valid in some areas, but I really doubt it's so honorable in all areas. Lafayette sure doesn't seem to follow that principle.

My baseless assumption (at least I admit that's what it is) is that they put them somewhere VERY VISIBLE and obvious place to placate a vocal minority.

I don't really understand the point of your ghetto statement or how it's related, so I'll just skip it. Maybe it's more appropriate for someone else's arguments, but I don't see it, and don't have much argument for it. I've never changed my driving habits to drive around anything unless it meant saving time or gas, so maybe I just can't relate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom