4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    When did this place become this derp filled winey assclown drama inducing ********, where real discussion just simply doesn't happen anymore.

Last edited:

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    I guess you grew up in a time where people regularly had their civil rights violated.
    I don't know if our "civil rights" were violated but, they didn't take any $hit and respect from people pulled over was mandatory. If respect and following orders was not forthcoming then you got your a$$ kicked. We all knew it went along with the program.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Now you see why the cops take no $hit when they pull someone over.

545736_219091141527527_1423588758_n.jpg

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I still don't understand the mind set people have to be in to defend actions by ANYONE that denies another's Constitutional rights and liberty.

You want a REAL good example, Katrina - illegal house to house seizers of firearms. Something we should ALL be concerned about. WHO in the end carries out the illegal orders? The SAME LEO THAT WOULD SAY THEY DONT AGREE/FEEL ITS LEGAL when regarding these checkpoints (whether its DUI, or other BS checkpoints), but do them anyway. You have a right to refuse a order you feel is immoral or illegal. Same as service members. The lack of LEOs practicing that right is worrisome.

When you allow things like this DUI check point to happen, without the public demanding and getting justice on those whom carry it out, it leads to other things YOU would say are far fetched. 50 years ago our grandparents would have laughed off the discussion of what is today a DUI checkpoint, much like our fathers and us laughed off conversations about house to house seizers of legal weapons. It happened, VERY close to home. DONT GIVE UP ANYTHING, bc they will always want more. IF your LEO, stand up for the people you serve, and grow some balls (I know many who HAVE and DO).

Bottom line is, the actions on this night, at this checkpoint were illegal, not according to what some book on a shelf in the PDs office says, but according to the freaking US Constitution. I can post hundreds of videos from people who did seek out this sort of exchange, but them taking that action is irrelevant. The simple fact is, these actions are illegal and allowed. When it gets to a point where you have to answer questions simply to leave your house and go to wal mart, you will all want to know "how did we get here?"

The left calls the right sheeple bc they are slaves to corporations, and the right calls the left sheeples bc they are slaves to the governments. The truth it, the sheeple are those who are OK with infringements on their liberty, and those who carry out those infringements.

Hippie Crusher

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Orleans
    Why don't you just talk with them like normal adults and ask them how their night is going too? They don't want to be on a DUI checkpoint as much as you do either? Just have a normal conversation, everything is AOK on your end and you appreciate what they do for the community? In sure that Deputy ha had to clean the brain off the highway on more than one occasion due to a drunk driver, and you're just spitting in his face. A simple good evening and courtesy can go a long way.

Is this really how you feel? What if the person in the car had a bad night, what if his job is stressful? The police don't have to kiss his ass for it. Why should be have to kiss theirs just cause it has a badge on it...
    This was a typical one sided police do no wrong response.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Is this really how you feel? What if the person in the car had a bad night, what if his job is stressful? The police don't have to kiss his ass for it. Why should be have to kiss theirs just cause it has a badge on it...
    This was a typical one sided police do no wrong response.

This is the disconnect, you think a normal conversation means missing ass.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I still don't understand the mind set people have to be in to defend actions by ANYONE that denies another's Constitutional rights and liberty.

You want a REAL good example, Katrina - illegal house to house seizers of firearms. Something we should ALL be concerned about. WHO in the end carries out the illegal orders? The SAME LEO THAT WOULD SAY THEY DONT AGREE/FEEL ITS LEGAL when regarding these checkpoints (whether its DUI, or other BS checkpoints), but do them anyway. You have a right to refuse a order you feel is immoral or illegal. Same as service members. The lack of LEOs practicing that right is worrisome.

When you allow things like this DUI check point to happen, without the public demanding and getting justice on those whom carry it out, it leads to other things YOU would say are far fetched. 50 years ago our grandparents would have laughed off the discussion of what is today a DUI checkpoint, much like our fathers and us laughed off conversations about house to house seizers of legal weapons. It happened, VERY close to home. DONT GIVE UP ANYTHING, bc they will always want more. IF your LEO, stand up for the people you serve, and grow some balls (I know many who HAVE and DO).

Bottom line is, the actions on this night, at this checkpoint were illegal, not according to what some book on a shelf in the PDs office says, but according to the freaking US Constitution. I can post hundreds of videos from people who did seek out this sort of exchange, but them taking that action is irrelevant. The simple fact is, these actions are illegal and allowed. When it gets to a point where you have to answer questions simply to leave your house and go to wal mart, you will all want to know "how did we get here?"

The left calls the right sheeple bc they are slaves to corporations, and the right calls the left sheeples bc they are slaves to the governments. The truth it, the sheeple are those who are OK with infringements on their liberty, and those who carry out those infringements.

Then drive around New Years, get stopped, and sue.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    This is the disconnect, you think a normal conversation means missing ass.

Roger. Most men possess the balls to talk to other men like adults. That's how your grandparents talked to law enforcement and didn't give them such disrespctful attitude like, my window is down enough. The kid on the video didn't even make eye contact with the LEO because deep down inside he is a coward. Our men in Blue are Good Men. They are human beings as well, and do the best with whatever orders are handed down the chain of command, just like our military which you are so terrified of turning on us to put us in FEMA camps. Quit smoking the ganja and come back to reality folks. If you can do a better job, take the oath and serve and protect. Or oppress and deny rights like you think your friends and family members do.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I don't agree with the whole respect the man with the badge theme. Behind that badge is another man/woman just like anyone else. Respect is a mutual thing. That being said, if you are disrespectful to an officer you should expect him/her to have a lack of respect for you as well, but what you shouldn't expect is to have your rights violated or receive a beat down in return. No man/woman should be able to demand respect and force consequences onto another if they don't get it without legal repercussions.

I am far from a cop basher, but the "respect mah authoritah!" crap strikes a nerve.

We have driven this way off topic, like always. The real question is, should the guy have even been required to stop and communicate/follow orders in the first place. At this point, my opinion is no.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    In spite of some of the schtick I post here, I try every day to treat everyone I meet with respect.

I'm not perfect- never have been- and don't claim to be. But I try.

Likewise, I do not believe it's asking too much to expect the same from others.

It's worked out pretty well for me, thus far.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    In spite of some of the schtick I post here, I try every day to treat everyone I meet with respect.

Likewise, I do not believe its asking too much to expect the same from others.

Same here. My problem is that a lot of people have/do mistake my kindness as a weakness.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

If it was ruled unconstitutional then they wouldn't have DUI checkpoints. Please give me an example of these cops that fight the power with their big balls. I'm interested in seeing what we are doing wrong. If you know MANY then please give me a few examples. I'm gonna be honest, acting like a DUI checkpoint is a violation of your right to free interstate commerce etc is crazy. I do know that when BRPD conducts one they get results. Maybe the real problem is the people that are DUI. If there were no drunks driving around then it would not be cost beneficial to do be checkpoints. I also agree that the person behind the badge is just a person but so is a doctor, but I damn sure trust his training and experience.

MOTOR51

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Likewise, I do not believe its asking too much to expect the same from others.

I start out every contact with the public with a sir or ma'am. The response I get dictates how much respect you get back. After all, there is a regular guy are girl behind that badge.

MOTOR51

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I also agree that the person behind the badge is just a person but so is a doctor, but I damn sure trust his training and experience.

MOTOR51

That comment was to hit on the respect issue, not the officers capabilities of carrying out his job. Most of the time, I have been treated with respect from the officers I have come into contact with. However, there have been a few that were just complete dicks for no reason. They were probably having a bad day or were bullied as a kid (I know of a couple of these personally), but the difference in their lashing out and a fast food worker lashing out can affect someones life much differently.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I start out every contact with the public with a sir or ma'am. The response I get dictates how much respect you get back. After all, there is a regular guy are girl behind that badge.

MOTOR51

Sounds fair to me.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La

MOTOR51

That's the way. I would expect nothing more, nothing less.:thumbup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom