A conversation in Walmart today.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    life-is-hard.jpg

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Any of you guys got a theory on HOW the .22LR started?

I've done a little back-searching and I think
    it had to do with the rumors of the AR15 Ban due to the mass shootings
    when Fienstien was going banana's.

Folks bought AR's like crazy, but the ammo was also high.
    Then the .22 Conversion Kits hit the market for almost everything.
    So folks turned to .22LR to shoot in their full-size conversions.

Then Full Retard took over and thus the .22 Craze!

Any takers?

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Production of four billion rounds of 22lr a year doesn't go far when 10's of millions of people that only kept a few boxes on hand decided that it would be a good idea to start keeping a few thousand rounds on hand over the last few years.

Judge Mental

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Prairieville
    This is flawed logic. The seller HAS to charge an amount that will allow him to REPLACE what he just sold to you. He may have purchased when prices were lower than they are now, but he now has to enter the market, the same market you are complaining about, to REPLACE what he just sold. If he charged 2011 prices in a 2014 reality, he wont be in business in 2015.
    No, capitalism doesn't **** me off. People trying to rip people off and are crooked **** me off. There are laws passed when a natural disaster happens to protect the public when trying to purchase items they need. I am just using this as an example, is that alright with you? But when that happens you can not "gouge". Therefore you can not sell a normal everyday item 3 times higher than retail price just so you can make huge profits off of people. I am not trying to compare Katrina, so to say, to buying .22 in no way.

In no way shape or form was this man trying to exercise "capitalism"!!!!!! He was being a crook and dishonest and taking advantage of people. He had plenty of people standing there interested in buying items, why try and rip them off. What happened to the old saying "the strong survive"???? If he can't survive selling at a normal price then he doesn't deserve to be in business.

You don't see honest people trying to do this. There are plenty of LGS's that sponsor this very site that sell plenty of .22 at regular prices. You don't see them trying to rip people off and they flourish.

To me trust is everything. If I can't trust you to be honest during the worst of times then you most definitely can't be trusted during the good times.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Any of you guys got a theory on HOW the .22LR started?

I've done a little back-searching and I think
    it had to do with the rumors of the AR15 Ban due to the mass shootings
    when Fienstien was going banana's.

Folks bought AR's like crazy, but the ammo was also high.
    Then the .22 Conversion Kits hit the market for almost everything.
    So folks turned to .22LR to shoot in their full-size conversions.

Then Full Retard took over and thus the .22 Craze!

Any takers?

My theory is it is the cheapest ammo you can hoard. Only stupid people are still caught up in this insanity. Only stupid people will buy 22LR at these crazy prices. Most stupid people are poor.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...Sorry that I don't have the time or money to hoard 15-20K of ammo just to have lying around. I buy when I can and what I need and the election caught me off guard and low on cash since I was building another AR. Sue me, but that guy was just hoarding plain and simple...

The more I think about this...

Seems like those whining about this must be Obama supporters -- they're crying that someone else has more resources or smarts or luck than them, so someone must owe them something! The slur "hoarder" is tossed around like "racist", and just about as applicable. If those who have been successful in acquiring a stockpile of ammo (or any other marketable item) wish to sell it, I wouldn't expect them to not try to make a profit. Just one example: I bought Harley-Davidson stock a few years ago at $8; today it's about $72. If the OP wants to buy some shares, should I sell it to him at $8?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom