AK Build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Do these kits have to ship to a FFL?

NO. Under ATF law's you can build ANY weapon of your choice so long as you are Legal to own one in the first place and it is legal in the State where you live.

Because the "receiver" in this case is being built by you ( its considered an 80% receiver) no FFL is required. However, you can NEVER sell it. Unless you get the required Manufacturers Lic, put a Ser# on it and go thru an FFL for the transfer. Something like that anyway. Its been awhile since I had to think about it.

So find everything you want and have it shipped straight to your door

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Todd brings up a good point. You can build a rifle or pistol at home for your home enjoyment hobby whatever.But you CAN NOT buy a bunch of gun parts and start your own arms company.(without a licence).You CAN NOT build a gun to be full auto.Keep your guns legal and you got no problems

southernk9cop

Resident Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Houma
    Please tell me this is going to be in the New Orleans area. I just about gave up on this a while back and have since picked up some other weapons. I am definitely down for a build party. You guys let me know when and where we are going to try and get this going that way I can order the stuff I need and make sure I am off. I'll take a vacation day if needed.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Please tell me this is going to be in the New Orleans area. I just about gave up on this a while back and have since picked up some other weapons. I am definitely down for a build party. You guys let me know when and where we are going to try and get this going that way I can order the stuff I need and make sure I am off. I'll take a vacation day if needed.
    Whats up Southernk9cop been wondering how your build was going?It will be at my house in Algers point or at a freinds house in Metairie He has a 15x40 shop (that is great in the summer).

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Works for me. I just need to know what I need to buy.
    A kit, flats, compliant parts and rivets? How do I know what flats and rivets I need? What magazines would you recomend?

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    A list 1 rommy-g kit,1 or 2 flats Copes distributing Premium AK-47 flat with rails 12.00 Tapco has them for 15.00,Rivets/Cross member bushing from Tapco 9.00 Then you need a compliance parts kit Apex armory 35.00.Thats it.I will post picks of prep work you can do when you get your kits before the build.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Well, I was hoping for alittle later than the 29-30th. But if that is whats good for everyone else, I'll just tell m'lady to not to go into labor on those days. :rofl:
    No, seriously if I can't make it that day because its the "big day", I'll just catch up with you next time. Maybe da' baby will be here before then though, since our due date is the 26th...

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Well, I was hoping for alittle later than the 29-30th. But if that is whats good for everyone else, I'll just tell m'lady to not to go into labor on those days. :rofl:
    No, seriously if I can't make it that day because its the "big day", I'll just catch up with you next time. Maybe da' baby will be here before then though, since our due date is the 26th...
    No problem.We will have to form a AK club maby build a gun every month or two.LOL...But on a serious note.It is that addicting.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR

southernk9cop

Resident Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Houma
    Crap. I was hoping this would be in January or so. My wife already spent all of my Christmas toy money on Wii accessories. I gotta try and scam some cash out of her or something. I'll work on it and see what I can come up with.

I still have a crapload of MRE's that I see are selling for 35-40 bucks a case on eBay. Might have to look into that. I really want an AKizzle.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    i'm game for anything so the 29th and 30 of this month? i'm interested in the yugoslavian or romanian myself. i love the look of the wood. is there a difference between the two? so all i need to order would either be one of these right?

https://www.apexgunparts.com/produc...d/265?osCsid=d69100b0071a0257de523a944c7e8980

https://www.apexgunparts.com/produc...d/335?osCsid=d69100b0071a0257de523a944c7e8980

what else do i need? i like the look of an ak over an ar anyday. damn i can't wait
    ==== The yugo is The AK thats strong enough to launch gernades with.It has a gas shut off valve to channel all the blank power out the bbl instead of into the gasblock.Unfortunately I dont have a jig to bend that flat.The romanian kit is the same as the rommy-g we talk about.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    No problem.We will have to form a AK club maby build a gun every month or two.LOL...But on a serious note.It is that addicting.
    No seriously... We should start a south louisiana AK club (or would it be klub? :D). That would rock. Build some months, shoot the others. We could take over ranges, and get nasty looks from the deer hunters when we all descend on the place with our "evil rifles"... :rofl: That would be awesome...

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Does it really matter if the kits come with matching numbers? Since the rifles when put together can't be sold/traded etc... there value is pretty much zero except to the owner. So will unmatched numbers affect the function of the gun?

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Does it really matter if the kits come with matching numbers? Since the rifles when put together can't be sold/traded etc... there value is pretty much zero except to the owner. So will unmatched numbers affect the function of the gun?

Some think it matter's because they don't feel they need to check the "head space"
    Truth is it should be checked anyway.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    With a matching# kit you usualy dont have headspacing problems.AKs are so universal that I have got un matching# and never had any HS problems.And even if you do its not that hard of a fix.The Plus to a # matching kit are if you buy a 100 percent atf regestered receiver you have a nice transferable rifle.

Top Bottom