AK Build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    okay before i bite on this i have one last question. if i do build this will it be legal to own this in most states. i plan on starting school in shreveport in may and after that my wife and i are moving out of this state. hell if i don't get into lsu we're moving in may. so i don't really know where i'll be. i'm hoping dallas/ft worth area since they have two medical schools there. so if i move to one of them states like ny i'm assuming all i'll have to do is buy new mags. anyone have a clue?

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    You would have to check the laws of the specific state. Texas should be ok as I have seen posting for AK build parties in the DFW area. Steer clear of the usual suspects (Kali, NY, NJ, HI, IL, etc.). FWIW, I've never heard of state laws against DIY builds...just arbitrary laws against evil-looking guns in general.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    well if i happen to move to a anti-gun state can i give my ak to someone. i know i can't sell it but i'm sure a buddy of mine would love to take it. would that be legal?

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    If you build it, I don't think you can ever legally transfer it to another person. I wouldn't do it but if your buddy can keep his mouth shut, no body would know he didn't build it himself.

Worse case scenario and you move to Kali: disassemble, sell the parts to buy an SKS, and save the lower receiver till you move back to a free state.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    You would have to check the laws of the specific state. Texas should be ok as I have seen posting for AK build parties in the DFW area. Steer clear of the usual suspects (Kali, NY, NJ, HI, IL, etc.). FWIW, I've never heard of state laws against DIY builds...just arbitrary laws against evil-looking guns in general.
    I could not have said it better.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I ordered 2 of each. I like redundancy...

(Reciever flat with trunion hole, Rivets with Cross member bushing, Pistol grip, and Flash hider.
    (Have G2 already)

Looks like I'll have just under $200 in it.

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I placed my order from Cope's and it will ship no later than Wednesday. The kit, flat, rivets, compliance parts and shipping cost me just under $220

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Or those used Romanian 40 round mags Cope's sells any good? Or should I just go after 30 rounders?

What is the estimated overall length of one these kits put together?

Last edited:

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Or those used Romanian 40 round mags Cope's sells any good? Or should I just go after 30 rounders?

What is the estimated overall length of one these kits put together?
    The 40 rounders function just as well as the 30 rounders just a little longer.I have been shooting a scoped yugo lately and have been grooving on the 20 rounders.

southernk9cop

Resident Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 3, 2007
    Houma
    Bam,

I am going to look into it and see if I have enough leave left to take off, I don't know if I am going to be able to make it to this build. You think you'd be able to help a brother out with a build if I don't make this?

I'll find out tomorrow if I have the time. I'll try and order the parts tomorrow afternoon if I do.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    #1BAMBAM, you come well spoken of......... I was in talking to Will @ Red Stick Monday. He say's you know your ****, so that should be good for us !!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom