AK Build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    So are we on that timeline? Can all the ordering be done by this friday?Who is in?Im ready.When you order confirm that shipping is less than 2 weeks.(the 29th).:thumbsup:If its not too big it will be about 5 blocks from the Canal st. ferry.If its large it will be around Bonabell(?) and old Metairie rd.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Romanian parts kits and 10 G2 trigger groups.

I have several other AK's, it's just that I lucked into the $2.22 per AK mag deal that Sportsman's Guide had a few years back, and decided to make some AK's to go with them.
    (I see them going the way of the FAL parts kits. I bought mine when they were $140 each, now they are what? $300-$400?)

I'd need notice of when to get the other compliance parts...

Do we need to bring Recievers are we talking from the ground up?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I'm ready to order now.
    Is there one site where I can order everything I need from? I've been looking and looking and figured I might need to wait until tomorrow so I can call and talk to someone. If you know of such a site let me know.
    What is a rommy G kit? I know nothing about AKs so please help me understand a few things. Are AK mags universal? Are there certain ones to avoid? Meaning only by 30rounders stay away from 40s? Just trying to learn somethings so I don't buy the wrong stuff.

Thanks

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Romanian parts kits and 10 G2 trigger groups.

I have several other AK's, it's just that I lucked into the $2.22 per AK mag deal that Sportsman's Guide had a few years back, and decided to make some AK's to go with them.
    (I see them going the way of the FAL parts kits. I bought mine when they were $140 each, now they are what? $300-$400?)

I'd need notice of when to get the other compliance parts...

Do we need to bring Recievers are we talking from the ground up?
    Order compliance parts asap before friday.So it will be here by the 29th.Bending flats or 100% your choice.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I'm ready to order now.
    Is there one site where I can order everything I need from? I've been looking and looking and figured I might need to wait until tomorrow so I can call and talk to someone. If you know of such a site let me know.
    What is a rommy G kit? I know nothing about AKs so please help me understand a few things. Are AK mags universal? Are there certain ones to avoid? Meaning only by 30rounders stay away from 40s? Just trying to learn somethings so I don't buy the wrong stuff.

Thanks
    ---Call Copes dist.Tomorow.Tell them what your doing and the time frame.Tell them that you want the romanian-g kit (130something)and the flat and compliance package.Pay them with a CC and youl probably have a shipping notification tuesday.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    ---Call Copes dist.Tomorow.Tell them what your doing and the time frame.Tell them that you want the romanian-g kit (130something)and the flat and compliance package.Pay them with a CC and youl probably have a shipping notification tuesday.

hey bam i was looking at the comlpliance package and i don't want to use the rubber grip. is there something else i could use. i like the look of the wood on the ak. also what day are we going to do this? will this be the 29th or 30th? i need to ask off for this. my wife is going to kill me.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    hey bam i was looking at the comlpliance package and i don't want to use the rubber grip. is there something else i could use. i like the look of the wood on the ak. also what day are we going to do this? will this be the 29th or 30th? i need to ask off for this. my wife is going to kill me.
    ------Use the other packadge the one with the G-2 FCG and the slant break with the gas pistion.That way you can use any magazine ir stock set you want.By the way if you are talking about the pisolgrip on the Rommy-g kits They are bakealite(plastic also)they just look like wood.I think they look cool also.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Oh I forgot to answer your other Q. Sat the 29th building.sunday 30thTo finish build work if nessasary or to parkerize the builds.Even though Im not building one for myself this time I do have a Yugo Krink pistol I completed that needs parked.

BR 870

Standing behind you...
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    My order through APEX was processed on Friday for the Romy G kit and CAI compliance parts, should ship tommorow. My order through DPHArms for the rivets w/ cross support, receiver flat, and tapco G2 trigger FCG were ordered friday, and shipped out Saturday. Everything of mine will for sure be here by the 29th. Hopefully I will be able to make... :D
    Bam-What do you think of the recoil buffers or Axis Pin Retaining Plate? Sounds like the Axis Pin Retaining Wire can be a total PITA to put in place, and the recoil buffer sounds like it will help to minimize wear on the action and reciever during cycling. Are they worth it? I was thinking of ordering both.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Aight, parts ordered. I'll just be changing the screws out but I'd like to stick around and see at least one made from beginning to end. Thanks for the offer BamBam.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    My order through APEX was processed on Friday for the Romy G kit and CAI compliance parts, should ship tommorow. My order through DPHArms for the rivets w/ cross support, receiver flat, and tapco G2 trigger FCG were ordered friday, and shipped out Saturday. Everything of mine will for sure be here by the 29th. Hopefully I will be able to make... :D
    Bam-What do you think of the recoil buffers or Axis Pin Retaining Plate? Sounds like the Axis Pin Retaining Wire can be a total PITA to put in place, and the recoil buffer sounds like it will help to minimize wear on the action and reciever during cycling. Are they worth it? I was thinking of ordering both.
    Both are ok but not nessasary.Im gonna show you guys a trick to do with the spring that you get with your kit that works just like the chinese L shaped retainer and its easy to use.

Top Bottom