American Badass Coalition(?)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As a BS member that really doesn't give a s**t about a lot of this kind of stuff, I will say that even though the group itself may be construed as quasi-tough guys, bikers, bad assess, whatever; I think that person was treated like crap by this forum. Regardless of your thoughts on his FB page or the group itself, his first three posts did not warrant the attack on him. In fact, if anyone really has an issue with his group, perhaps we could have given him some positive criticism from the very PRO-GUN Louisiana perspective.

And do you guys know how many Iraq, and Afghanistan Vets still have the bearded Chris Kyle look rocking? That dude looks like dozens of Middle East war vets I know or have met.

Now, coming from me; dismissing an opportunity for comedy is not something I take lightly. However gentlemen; I would say this membership sucked this day.

Sorry! That's the way I see it!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    As a BS member that really doesn't give a s**t about a lot of this kind of stuff, I will say that even though the group itself may be construed as quasi-tough guys, bikers, bad assess, whatever; I think that person was treated like crap by this forum. Regardless of your thoughts on his FB page or the group itself, his first three posts did not warrant the attack on him. In fact, if anyone really has an issue with his group, perhaps we could have given him some positive criticism from the very PRO-GUN Louisiana perspective.

And do you guys know how many Iraq, and Afghanistan Vets still have the bearded Chris Kyle look rocking? That dude looks like dozens of Middle East war vets I know or have met.

Now, coming from me; dismissing an opportunity for comedy is not something I take lightly. However gentlemen; I would say this membership sucked this day.

Sorry! That's the way I see it!

For the first few posts, I might agree... but he pretty much begged for it after pulling out his tough guy speech.

These guys hurt the image of gun owners, and I'm not ashamed to call a clown a clown when I see one- lest I be lumped in with them for simply caring about the second amendment.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    For the first few posts, I might agree... but he pretty much begged for it after pulling out his tough guy speech.

These guys hurt the image of gun owners, and I'm not ashamed to call a clown a clown when I see one- lest I be lumped in with them for simply caring about the second amendment.

No doubt he lost his cool. Hey, it may even make him re-think the mission statement of the group and the way they may market themselves in the future. I didn't see anything on his FB page that made him any more derpier than any other internet/social media/Facebook bunch that promotes guns and the "Love!"

The Louisiana biker dudes that give poor kids Christmas gifts seem like they take respites from their badassness too; but just for Christmas?!?

I have a better one for you; what's more derpier than the Brady Project? Yet, they open their yaps and all of a sudden ears appear.

Last edited:

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    the guys that open carry bubba'd up SKS's into starbucks are pro 2a as well. they are also complete morons that are actually detrimental to the cause. if every 2a organization looked and acted like this band of nerds, we'd have a much bigger legislative problem on our hands.

Speaking just for myself: I'm not anti-government. I'm not anti-law. I'm not anti-people. I'm not a "badass". I also don't think bringing a bunch of overweight bikers to an islamic event does anything at all other than prove that you want to play biker. I know a guy, he's a scrawny little thing and doesn't have all that much money. He's very vocal in politics, attends every political rally, and challenges his local legislative sessions with his beliefs. He has been far, far more effective than anyone in "the super awesome badass cowboy ninja club"

There are people that know, and people that don't. There are people that understand how to make change, and people that don't. There are people that proactively increase 2a awareness and societal acceptance, and those that don't. Those that do I've seen welcomed and embraced here, and in a myriad of other "louisiana gun" venues.

This group is the Royal Flush in the deck of "those that don't."

Are you honestly surprised that an organization with a name like that wasn't taken seriously? I had no personal issue with John or any members of the A.B.C., but after his generous plane ticket and legal paperwork offer, I don't think he is someone I would want to be around often (or at all).

I had limited time to the last post I made and could not elaborate..

Let me start by saying that I understand where both of you are coming from and if I had seen said person open carrying an SKS in public etc I probably would have avoided them myself.

Now that have that out of the way I see us as a gun community. We don't need to condem at the first sign of things we may not like or pick apart what we want and bash it without knowing what someone may be about. That is where I am coming from. I would like to think with all of the years of experince that many of you refered to would be able to address someone that comes on to the board in a positive manner or at the very least let them explain what they are about. When I came to this board I was very uneducated in firearms and that has changed due to some very helpful members. Granted we have had more than one nut job come on here and they get reamed well and it often makes for a good laugh. I think Emperor nails all the rest of what I wanted to say.

This is just the way I seen it too

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

No! They shouldn't just because. You are right, there.

Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I agree with the emp and madwabbit.

I was interested to see what his group was about, that's the reason I checked in on this thread. Some things got said by some members and he clearly took offense. Not exactly the best way to introduce ourselves to new members and fellow gun owners. We should have kept our snarky comments under wraps until he was better acquainted with the forum. He totally asked for it later on in the thread, but he should have been treated a little better initially IMO.

We don't have to agree with all of his/their stances, such as open carry, in order to show some respect/manners.

It is hard to take a group seriously and show manners/respect when they have a name like that though.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Seems like Mr Harrington should brush up on his tele-prompter or cue card reading skills. Also he should eat less cheeseburgers.

100% uncalled for. Not to mention Un-American. There is never a reason to eat less cheeseburgers. Or Tacos for that matter.

Don't know what the heck you are talking about other than that with the "tele-prompter or cue card" gibberish.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    100% uncalled for. Not to mention Un-American. There is never a reason to eat less cheeseburgers. Or Tacos for that matter.

Don't know what the heck you are talking about other than that with the "tele-prompter or cue card" gibberish.

Watch the video someone posted of him. It looked like Barack Obama after eating a handful of xanax.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I almost felt bad......

right up to the point where he went all Billy badass. The dude is an obvious blow hard d-bag. As a former Marine I am offended that he attempted to turn the captivity of a fellow Marin into a publicity stunt for his own personal gain. That earns him an ultra derp from me.

As far as the vet beard thing Emp brought up, I hardly doubt most vet don't find the humor in the epic derpidity of non-vets and even vets playing cool guy operator types. I know the ones I know make fun of it as a sport, and most have beards and wear Oakley's and multi-cam. At least they did something other than weekend classes and spend their trust fund money on pricey custom ARs. Its a symptom of the epic joke the "tactical" community has made of itself. I've been around in that crowd before the GWOT had a cool name and a medal to go with it. I've seen the evolution of "tactical" from something that actually meant something involving tactics and had an operational value to the novelty and joke it is today. If more "tactical" badasses like this ABCjohn clown where dealt with accordingly maybe the industry wouldn't be as much of a parody of itself as it currently is.

But, hey, what do I know? I operated before it was cool :dunno:

- - - Updated - - -

Seems as though yall are assuming that we knew nothing of the badasses before we posted.

I reviewed the entire FB page, hence my response

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    image.jpg

It's for the kids

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Well, for starters we have the manners to not speak this way to people we don't even know. There is a reason behind the name but I don't owe you any explanations. especially when you have pretty much proven what kind of people you are. You guys go on being message board heroes. I'll be getting back to the real world now.

Facebook?:squint:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom