Are AR's that good or are they just a doodlers hobby

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Just toys really

15c2d139.jpg

I see MATTEL stamped on the side. I am not a fan of AR's but am a fan of AK's & SKS's. Each to their own likes, no problem.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    You non-AR believers just wait. They're all innocent and cute now...but when the poodles attempt a violent takeover of the world, we'll see who's laughing. I'm ready, how about YOU? :squint:

TinMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I have read Snoops.com. And I have heard over and over again that Mettal toys did not have anything to do with the M-16. But I can tell you that I have seen them. I was a unit armor in the early 80's and we had Vietnam era M-16s and some were stamped made by Mettal on the lower receiver. We used to get a big kick out of them when we issued them out.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Even if it were true , so what ? M1 Carbines were made by the Singer Sewing Machine Co . , and the Rockolla Jukebox Co. All it means is that they had the tooling and the technical expertise .

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    ARs are junk. A little dirt and they're jammomatics. AKs are superior because they are made with looser tolerances so you can run them with dirt sand and mud inside and they don't complain. I know this because I read about it on the internet.

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    When I first started reading this thread... I said WOW you guys finally saw the light. Right up to the point where Dan Z said they were not accurate. Then I realized you guys are still true believers in that P.O.S.

:DThe .30 cal guy:D

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know about inferior to the AK. They each stress different aspects of rifle design. The AK and AR system just judging by the amount of people who are dead by them are both pretty effective. AR's more accurate. AK's simpler to operate. But if you're going to give a weapon to some of the best educated citizen solders in the world go with the AR. If you're going to give a weapon to some dirt farmer with no education and no understanding of cleaning give them the AK. Sure the AK's less accurate but do you think those kind of shooters aim well anyway?

By the way Jim you're still a dumb a$$.

Dave

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know about inferior to the AK. They each stress different aspects of rifle design. The AK and AR system just judging by the amount of people who are dead by them are both pretty effective. AR's more accurate. AK's simpler to operate. But if you're going to give a weapon to some of the best educated citizen solders in the world go with the AR. If you're going to give a weapon to some dirt farmer with no education and no understanding of cleaning give them the AK. Sure the AK's less accurate but do you think those kind of shooters aim well anyway?

By the way Jim you're still a dumb a$$.

Dave

He's joking. That's why he said he knew it because "he read it on the internet".

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    If you're going to give a weapon to some dirt farmer with no education... ...do you think those kind of shooters aim well anyway?

Actually, yes, I think there are plenty of uneducated "dirt farmers" that could shoot the hair off a flea's butt at 100 yards...and take down deer much further.
    AR's rock, so do AK's. They're different, but both have been proven effective. I wouldn't feel "undergunned" with either.

What an old thread to be revived by someone with a crap Mattel story.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrGlock
    Top Bottom