Are AR's that good or are they just a doodlers hobby

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    You're the one who asked to see an AR with 15,000 rounds through it. Not my gun. Over cleaning can actually damage the bore, especially if you don't do it right. All my guns get cleaned too, but I don't overdo it. Just a basic wipedown and some more lube, maybe a boresnake if it's been a few hundred rounds.

Oh, and that is certainly not the only AR that has been shot that much. If you read, that was not a high-end high speed "Tier 1" AR. It was a frankengun made of decidedly mid range parts. Several Carbine course instructors have "Loaner" rifles that have 10,000+ rounds through them with very minimal maintenance and no parts breakages.

I'm not deriding the FN FAL, or even saying an AR requires less maintenance than the FAL (I actually really like the FAL.) You simply suggested that an AR cannot run for 15,000 rounds with little maintenance. You were incorrect.

LEETHAR, MAYBE you should get your statements together! NOW SLOW DOWN catch your breath..... and RE READ my statements BELOW! I never said nor did I suggest that the AR's couldn't do it! I simply ask to show me one....and yes YOU did! BUT please don't put words in my mouth or thoughts on my post!

OH and your satement about me being "INCORRECT" do NOT get on some high horse and think YOU are the first person to ever show me that I was INCORRECT about ANYTHING! TRUST ME!! IT isn't the first time! MAYBE you should get used to it as well!!!

TALE OF OLE DIRTY click here

Rumor has it they must be cleaned as well!

attachment.php

But of course the above pic is ONLY 9400 rounds without cleaning so ya know how rumors go! :confused:

OK what the hell, LETS clean it!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OK she is clean! LETS SHOOT!

attachment.php

Problem is they "JUST ARE NOT ACCURATE"!!

:) :rofl:

NOW! Show me your AR with 15K rounds WITHOUT Cleaning!!

attachment.php

You simply suggested that an AR cannot run for 15,000 rounds with little maintenance. You were incorrect.

And as far as your statement "If you read, that was not a high-end high speed "Tier 1" AR. It was a frankengun made of decidedly mid range parts."

Just so you will understand OLE DIRTY is NOT a high end tier as you calll it FAL but a Throw together Rhodesian rifle that was from all of parts unknown! IF you would read the entire article about ole dirty you will also find that the ammo was NOT top shelf either BUT much of it was corrosive ammo as well!

NOW I am not knocking the AR's many people here that know ME also know that I not only own a FAL or TWO..... BUT I also own a POODLE shooter or TWO as well!

And to those that are not ready when they do decide to attack! SPEEDRACER and I WILL BE READY for when the POODLE SHTF!!

KT

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    awww, you hurt my feelings.

Take a joke, chief. My post was just one more regurgitation of internet hilarity that followed many posts doing the same.

Go find yourself a rectal stick puller.

PM sent. No hostility was intended on my part towards this poster. I fail to understand why he got hostile with me. I'd like to apologize. However Jim you're still a dumb a$$.

Dave

Leethar

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, I wasn't trying to start a flame war, or act superior anything. I'm not sure what you thought my tone was, but you did seem to suggest in your post that ARs were not reliable enough for that high round count. I was simply trying to say that they are.

"Ole Dirty" does sound like an impressive rifle, though. The FAL has a serious reputation for reliability, and it's well earned. They're a testament to rifles that are built to win wars, not marketing campaigns. I couldn't read the whole article about that rifle, but like I said, I wasn't trying to say there was anything wrong that at all.

Oh, and I have definitely been proven wrong and done my share of foot-eating. Hey, though, at the end of the day we saw some impressive rifles put through a lot of gunk and still going, which I say is good.

Top Bottom