Armed ATF Agents Going Door To Door To Seize Your Legally Obtained Items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    You’re right, that incident could have turned out a LOT different. You could have answered your door and explained you know nothing of the shots fired and they could have moved on from your location instead of dealing with a weird fella through a window.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You’re right, that incident could have turned out a LOT different. You could have answered your door and explained you know nothing of the shots fired and they could have moved on from your location instead of dealing with a weird fella through a window.

Well that would have made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ha! I enjoyed that man's statement: something about 'don't be stupid and break the law.......' my question is: who decides that that something is suddenly a law.....and therefore you are now breaking it??

I had similar recent incident......(well maybe recent isn't the word......a year or so..)........but one afternoon......(while I was field stripping one of my weapons no less......).....I hear an excited knocking on my front door. (My son is at school and my wife is upstairs.....I was off work for a few days). I go to front foyer and look out big picture window to the tune of 5 law enforcement looking people......all wired for sound and fingering their sidearms. Not knowing why they could possibly be there.....or whether these people were actual LEO's and not some home invasion posse........I wrote my cell number on a legal pad and stuck in on the window.....and waited. After a few bellows from the head guy...and my continued refusal to open the door....( I never left their sight).....told my wife to wait in the upstairs bathroom with her cell....should we need to call 911. They eventually called me.....gave me all this hub-bub about someone calling in about 'shots fired'.....(....and I thought....'shots fired???? did the caller have an exact address?????....most shots are kinda random as far as their origin!)..... so I asked to see their warrant........no warrant.......I asked who they might be looking for? man....woman, black, white, short.....etc. not a shred of specific info. finally.....after 15 mins of tense negotiations......someone gets a call and says they are at the wrong location.....blah blah blah. They never even apologized or acknowledged me as they egressed off my property. THAT could have turned out alot differently! Like the man said: you are not obligated to answer/open your door. There are plenty of ways to legally and safely communicate to whomever is on your property.

When you say LE looking fellas I’m assuming they were in uniform in police units? What jurisdiction was this in?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I’d check on having just an AR pistol and a stock. That might be illegal. And I don’t know how y’all get confused about what’s legal and illegal for LEOs to do. Police can knock on your door and talk to you about whatever and it’s perfectly legal. You can tell them to leave and not answer questions and they will leave but it’s not illegal to knock on your door. We actually have a term for this, it’s called a knock and talk

so these fellas must be in violation of some kinda law... right they are almost touching the pistol ... bound to be arrested by the atf any minute for making an illegal sbr :noes: :doh:

1661991703923.jpeg

pix477555869.jpg

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/942478024

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Armalite introduced it as the ar15 to the military. The Air Force requested it and called it the M16.... Anything the military gets they give it a military "product code".
    At that point there were zero differences between them.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.
    Sounds like some whining to me.
    . I don’t have a Tavor, but I’m not gonna whine about why not.

Again, I’ve never heard of a AR15 being used in combat by any country.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah, is that advice? Because I kinda see the good sense in not opening a door in that situation. If they think they’re answering a shots fired call, can you guarantee that’s a good idea? Especially if you’ve got a firearm out? I’m thinking there’s no guarantee there. Just my humble opinion.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    Yeah, is that advice? Because I kinda see the good sense in not opening a door in that situation. If they think they’re answering a shots fired call, can you guarantee that’s a good idea? Especially if you’ve got a firearm out? I’m thinking there’s no guarantee there. Just my humble opinion.
    Yes, that’s advice. Yes, that’s a good idea. Even if a firearm is out. As long as it’s not in your hand, I’ve yet to see an evil firearm capable of bad decisions without a dipshit holding it.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yes, that’s advice. Yes, that’s a good idea. Even if a firearm is out. As long as it’s not in your hand, I’ve yet to see an evil firearm capable of bad decisions without a dipshit holding it.

Maybe he will answer if they were in uniform in marked units.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Are you saying the military version, other then 3 round burst, shares nothing with the ar15 ?

Id say many of the ar15s out there are built better then the military versions.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.
    If you take away all the differences, they are exactly the same.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well I can see you took the especially part and ran with it. Just ignore all the other factors that scream, “bad idea”. I saw enough after Katrina and the Boston marathon bombing to know not to open that door. I’ll leave you to it then. If it were my home and I wasn’t involved in any way, shape or form, I’d stay uninvolved. If it were one or two at my door vs a team ready for contact I might consider trying to help. The scenario described does not sound like a couple of friendly cops looking for directions. Believe it or not, there’s this thing called fate, that I’ve found is best not to tempt.

Last edited:

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I can see a Cat 5 hurricane and a terrorist have altered your delicate sensibilities enough to distrust LE.

It would be better to not answer the door than display the odd behavior the other fella did. What factors screamed “bad idea” in answering the door?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom