Armed ATF Agents Going Door To Door To Seize Your Legally Obtained Items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    As far as opening your door or not when there’s a posse outside waiting, I’ll just go with what most attorneys say, or every attorney I’ve ever heard discuss it. After all, an attorney is the person you go to for legal advice.
    Valid point. You’d be hard pressed to find any valid attorney that would recommend opening the door and complying without legal counsel or a warrant.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Legal counsel for opening a door?!

It’s a big scary world out there.........
    One LEO standing at your door is not intimidating . Four or five means **** is about to get real . Show me some paperwork or tell me what you want BEFORE I voluntarily open the door . Mistakes happen . I would rather not be face down in the foyer trying to explain that the guy you are looking for lives next door ...

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Legal counsel for opening a door?!

It’s a big scary world out there.........
    When you're facing a group of armed people willing to kill you if they think you're dangerous, while they actively look for reasons to ruin your life over some of the most minor stuff that a person could imagine, yes it is scary. You've probably been around a group like that as an officer at some point, fear or understanding the scope of your situation can be healthy.

That AR you bought in private sale with a 16" Barrel only has a 15.97" Barrel...that's a felony, there goes your life...enjoy that federal firearms violation. They don't care if you didn't have anything to do with someone shooting a gun across town, and they don't care that you thought it was 16".
    Or
    "We're just going to detain you while we investigate who shot their gun on the other side of town...oh, you have a joint on the ground next to your picnic table, that is outside and open to the public on the busy road where you live, so you have drugs and guns...that's a felony buddy...you're going to prison! We got you!" Then they WILL try to find a way to take all of your possessions, your entire life's work, unless you can prove your innocence and where you got the money to buy everything...then you might get it all back if you're lucky and have a good lawyer. They'll push the legal ability as far as it can go, and add all of the charges they can so you plea out, so they can keep and auction off your stuff.

When you're not law enforcement you have to worry about stuff like that, but when you get professional courtesy it's much less of an issue. We all know some cops who have gotten away with absolutely ridiculous stuff just because they are a cop, and the public usually does not get the same privilege.

"The police used to watch over the people, now they are watching the people." - some old movie.

Legislators made police dark figures in society for most people, even avid supporters. The police (collectively not individually) can't be better than the government they serve. Do you trust the current Government? It's not unreasonable to want to protect yourself or to minimize your legal risk/exposure to ATF/Law Enforcement.

It's not like the country club's cocaine kids, or senators sons, get busted proportionately. They are hard to convict and it really makes some people mad when they get arrested. Just look at Hunter Biden, lol. That dude has guns, prostitutes, and crack on video. Professional courtesy wouldn't even save a cop in that situation. Instead of the ATF/police busting him they were at the guy's door in the OP, while Biden makes millions of dirty dollars that he spends on Schedule 1 drugs and Russian tacos.

I look forward to the day when Andy Taylor from Maybury can return to society, when predatory laws are gone.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2022
    Hammond Louisiana
    When you're facing a group of armed people willing to kill you if they think you're dangerous, while they actively look for reasons to ruin your life over some of the most minor stuff that a person could imagine, yes it is scary. You've probably been around a group like that as an officer at some point, fear or understanding the scope of your situation can be healthy.

That AR you bought in private sale with a 16" Barrel only has a 15.97" Barrel...that's a felony, there goes your life...enjoy that federal firearms violation. They don't care if you didn't have anything to do with someone shooting a gun across town, and they don't care that you thought it was 16".
    Or
    "We're just going to detain you while we investigate who shot their gun on the other side of town...oh, you have a joint on the ground next to your picnic table, that is outside and open to the public on the busy road where you live, so you have drugs and guns...that's a felony buddy...you're going to prison! We got you!" Then they WILL try to find a way to take all of your possessions, your entire life's work, unless you can prove your innocence and where you got the money to buy everything...then you might get it all back if you're lucky and have a good lawyer. They'll push the legal ability as far as it can go, and add all of the charges they can so you plea out, so they can keep and auction off your stuff.

When you're not law enforcement you have to worry about stuff like that, but when you get professional courtesy it's much less of an issue. We all know some cops who have gotten away with absolutely ridiculous stuff just because they are a cop, and the public usually does not get the same privilege.

"The police used to watch over the people, now they are watching the people." - some old movie.

Legislators made police dark figures in society for most people, even avid supporters. The police (collectively not individually) can't be better than the government they serve. Do you trust the current Government? It's not unreasonable to want to protect yourself or to minimize your legal risk/exposure to ATF/Law Enforcement.

It's not like the country club's cocaine kids, or senators sons, get busted proportionately. They are hard to convict and it really makes some people mad when they get arrested. Just look at Hunter Biden, lol. That dude has guns, prostitutes, and crack on video. Professional courtesy wouldn't even save a cop in that situation. Instead of the ATF/police busting him they were at the guy's door in the OP, while Biden makes millions of dirty dollars that he spends on Schedule 1 drugs and Russian tacos.

I look forward to the day when Andy Taylor from Maybury can return to society, when predatory laws are gone.
    Couldn't have said it better. :rockon:

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    Y’all watch too much tv, please provide a name and jurisdiction of 1 verifiable person personally known to you that anything along those lines happened to.

Minding their own business. Not doing anything illegal.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I’m not saying messed up situations never happen or couldn’t happen. I am saying the possibility of them is minimal if you are not already engaged in illegal activity or drawing attention to yourself unnecessarily.

That group of 5 anxious looking officers outside your door responding to a shots fired call, they don’t know you, they don’t know what you’re capable of, or even if they are at the correct house. More LE get ambushed in situations like that so they are ready to protect themselves. They have left their cover/concealment to talk to you, so they are not expecting hostility, but certainly ready for it.

I will admit, I would be nervous when there’s 5 units parked in front your house and no one is knocking on your door rather they are calling you out on a PA.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I will admit, I would be nervous when there’s 5 units parked in front your house and no one is knocking on your door rather they are calling you out on a PA.
    Calling you out on a PA is a completely different thing . I think most of us here would agree that it would probably be in our best interest to comply if it comes to that .

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Y’all watch too much tv, please provide a name and jurisdiction of 1 verifiable person personally known to you that anything along those lines happened to.

Minding their own business. Not doing anything illegal.
    We have to know them personally, and put that info in public? Nah, but here is an example of a similar thing, and other examples of similar situations as I describe.

- no arrest, but clear example of wrong houses and searching for prosecutable offenses.

- one rogue cop can get away with a lot, justifiable shooting or not.

Combat Veteran having his life savings stolen (there are tons of examples of this kind of thing), forced to pursue it in court:

Reason not to open the door, police bust in wrong house and refuse to leave and a trumped up charge:

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    We have to know them personally, and put that info in public? Nah, but here is an example of a similar thing, and other examples of similar situations as I describe.

- no arrest, but clear example of wrong houses and searching for prosecutable offenses.

- one rogue cop can get away with a lot, justifiable shooting or not.

Combat Veteran having his life savings stolen (there are tons of examples of this kind of thing), forced to pursue it in court:

Reason not to open the door, police bust in wrong house and refuse to leave and a trumped up charge:

Yeah, Google anything and you’ll find results that match your narrative.

Very compelling, somewhere in the world something happened......

There are private messages here, I want verifiable....as in an incident report, video..whatever of an incident that happened to someone personally known.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not without legal counsel...

;)
    The bottom line is you really have no business judging how someone chooses to handle a situation like that at their home and you definitely have no business advising someone to step outside their comfort level or safe zone when it could potentially mean a bad outcome. You can doubt and deny and shame and belittle and criticize all you want, but you’re wrong. Notcho bidness.
    The fact that you’re doubling down, still pushing your narrative and demanding proof that anything like this has ever happened says it all.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    I’m free to judge anyone I please. Just as you are judging me for judging him. And I am free to “advise” anyone anywhere. It’s an open forum, I can comment as I please.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    The bottom line is you really have no business judging how someone chooses to handle a situation like that at their home and you definitely have no business advising someone to step outside their comfort level or safe zone when it could potentially mean a bad outcome. You can doubt and deny and shame and belittle and criticize all you want, but you’re wrong. Notcho bidness.
    The fact that you’re doubling down, still pushing your narrative and demanding proof that anything like this has ever happened says it all.

“when it could potentially mean a bad outcome” .....what, like driving? Waking up?

And you obviously have the inability to read as I’ve stated numerous times that I know bad stuff happens.

But whatever, you do you.

With legal counsel.....

Hahahahahahaa

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Yeah, Google anything and you’ll find results that match your narrative.

Very compelling, somewhere in the world something happened......

There are private messages here, I want verifiable....as in an incident report, video..whatever of an incident that happened to someone personally known.
    Why does it only count when it's local or personal accounts? Here are some of my experiences.

My best friend was killed by Police that were in a high speed chase and ran into him, sending his car off the highway, but cops here still don't respect my view on High Speed Chases.

I witnessed BRPD officers, years ago, drug dealing to teenagers...but cops here still don't respect my views on police corruption, privileges, drug laws, and professional courtesy.

I caught the FBI or DEA following me as a teenager, because an A-hole that grew up in my neighborhood had my number in their phone/pager, but cops here still don't respect my views on privacy or government overreach.

I got targeted by a now dissolved department of the Feds with a failed setup/sting operation, because I wrote (Republican) political newsletters and they didn't like what I was writing about. Cops here still don't respect my views on baiting people for criminal charges, federal overreach, or selective law enforcement.

I "took a class", and it makes me know less than anyone else on the whole forum...so why would I think that a personal account would change the minds of the forum cops?

We agreed on Asset Forfeiture, I thought, but we ignore its abuse and the things that allow it to be abused?

Nothing I've talked about is a personal attack on LEAs, and after all of the above experiences, and more, I still truly believe that most of them intend to be decent and good people.

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    BTW we are on a gun forum and I have been a part of this community for 15 years. I have met a lot of cops, a lot of feds, a lot of people involved in law enforcement. It's not like I don't know any, or have experience with people.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    My point is bad encounters are EXTREMELY rare in the total scope of police work. And more often than not, bad experiences are “usually” self inflicted through illegal activity or drawing undo attention to ones activities. Accidents do happen, just as in your friend and LE being at the incorrect location , as from the videos.

Which is why opening the door for LE knocking is not as much of a risk as some of these ......grown men make it out to be.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    There is a logical fallacy/hypocrisy/double standard here.

Police want people to comply for the protection of the police, because VERY rarely an officer is unjustly attacked by people.
    People want to sustain their personal autonomy for their own protection, because VERY rarely a person is unjustly attacked by police.

Who gives up their comfort zone?
    There is a right answer (police give it up), and there is a correct answer (people give it up)...and they are different things, and that is why there is a huge problem with law enforcement and why so many departments have a hard time keeping enough officers.
    We all know that bad encounters with police are pretty rare, even extremely, but what real rights do we surrender so that people with hard jobs feel safe?

Top Bottom