Armed ATF Agents Going Door To Door To Seize Your Legally Obtained Items

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Why does it only count when it's local or personal accounts? Here are some of my experiences.

My best friend was killed by Police that were in a high speed chase and ran into him, sending his car off the highway, but cops here still don't respect my view on High Speed Chases.

I witnessed BRPD officers, years ago, drug dealing to teenagers...but cops here still don't respect my views on police corruption, privileges, drug laws, and professional courtesy.

I caught the FBI or DEA following me as a teenager, because an A-hole that grew up in my neighborhood had my number in their phone/pager, but cops here still don't respect my views on privacy or government overreach.

I got targeted by a now dissolved department of the Feds with a failed setup/sting operation, because I wrote (Republican) political newsletters and they didn't like what I was writing about. Cops here still don't respect my views on baiting people for criminal charges, federal overreach, or selective law enforcement.

I "took a class", and it makes me know less than anyone else on the whole forum...so why would I think that a personal account would change the minds of the forum cops?

We agreed on Asset Forfeiture, I thought, but we ignore its abuse and the things that allow it to be abused?

Nothing I've talked about is a personal attack on LEAs, and after all of the above experiences, and more, I still truly believe that most of them intend to be decent and good people.

Most people go through life without any experiences with law enforcement other than a traffic stop. You sir have had many, maybe it’s not a LE problem, maybe it’s a you problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Most people go through life without any experiences with law enforcement other than a traffic stop. You sir have had many, maybe it’s not a LE problem, maybe it’s a you problem.

Maybe all of your legal issues as a LEA aren't the fault of the people, they are your fault....

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The bottom line is you really have no business judging how someone chooses to handle a situation like that at their home and you definitely have no business advising someone to step outside their comfort level or safe zone when it could potentially mean a bad outcome. You can doubt and deny and shame and belittle and criticize all you want, but you’re wrong. Notcho bidness.
    The fact that you’re doubling down, still pushing your narrative and demanding proof that anything like this has ever happened says it all.
    Yet you can make the same leaps and bounds on the reg but if you get called out for it, you just call people trolls and ghost. LOL

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Maybe all of your legal issues as a LEA aren't the fault of the people, they are your fault....

Nice try and I applaud your effort. It is not uncommon for LE officers to get sued, it is rare that someone has numerous contacts with local and federal LE. Keep trying sir. Every post you make confirms my original opinion that you have no place on a school board where any of my children or grandchildren attend school.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yet you can make the same leaps and bounds on the reg but if you get called out for it, you just call people trolls and ghost. LOL

giphy.gif

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Nice try and I applaud your effort. It is not uncommon for LE officers to get sued, it is rare that someone has numerous contacts with local and federal LE. Keep trying sir. Every post you make confirms my original opinion that you have no place on a school board where any of my children or grandchildren attend school.

Oh, really? From what I have found fewer than 10% of Police Officers ever get investigated for Misconduct. It tends to be the same officers causing trouble for everyone else, over and over again. All of that cost to taxpayers. I guess we have different sources. Maybe you should retire, if you have so many problems?

Enjoy having your kids/grand-kids at school on Trans-Dance day, MAP reading day (Minor Attracted People), and Gender-Fluid dress day.

You really showed me!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Oh, really? From what I have found fewer than 10% of Police Officers ever get investigated for Misconduct. It tends to be the same officers causing trouble for everyone else, over and over again. All of that cost to taxpayers. I guess we have different sources. Maybe you should retire, if you have so many problems?

Enjoy having your kids/grand-kids at school on Trans-Dance day, MAP reading day (Minor Attracted People), and Gender-Fluid dress day.

You really showed me!
    He didn't say investigated for misconduct. He said sued. Big difference.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

You really showed me!

Your education is showing. Investigated and sued are very different things. Please stay away from our children.

giphy.gif

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Being sued does not lead to an investigation, or people looking into the police officers behavior? hmm...very interesting.

Investigations are less common that lawsuits?

"It's not uncommon", you didn't give a numerical number. I tried to give you some kind of relevant number.

What percent of law enforcement officers get sued?

Now you have another buddy, Hi Austin, here to defend you and help you pile on insults and troll people.

This is why Bayou Shooter has gotten so successful over the years, the great unbiased attitude of the staff and members that contribute to so much positive and thoughtful conversation.

I'm so glad that it hasn't dramatically declined over the years, even though it has probably less than a third of the traffic compared to when Spanky owned it. lol

Enjoy the woke world you helped create and perpetuate, Motor. YOU SHOWED ME! :bowdown:
    :bigok:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Being sued does not lead to an investigation, or people looking into the police officers behavior? hmm...very interesting.

Investigations are less common that lawsuits?

"It's not uncommon", you didn't give a numerical number. I tried to give you some kind of relevant number.

What percent of law enforcement officers get sued?

Now you have another buddy, Hi Austin, here to defend you and help you pile on insults and troll people.

This is why Bayou Shooter has gotten so successful over the years, the great unbiased attitude of the staff and members that contribute to so much positive and thoughtful conversation.

I'm so glad that it hasn't dramatically declined over the years, even though it has probably less than a third of the traffic compared to when Spanky owned it. lol

Enjoy the woke world you helped create and perpetuate, Motor. YOU SHOWED ME! :bowdown:
    :bigok:

You can be sued for many different reasons so the answer is no, it doesn’t always lead to an investigation. I figured you would know this with your vast knowledge from those classes you took. I am giving you personal experience from working at a larger department, you are googling information. I think your thoughts and the thoughts of a few others on here are the minority, so I’d say you are one of the main reasons this site is the way it is.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you've had 5 bad experiences with police and an officer has had 5 complaints, there's not comparison. You have a much higher percentage. There's no way you have come across as many police officers as people the police come across. Police deal with more people in an average day than most people have police encounters their entire life. So your percentage of problem encounters would be many time an officer's percentage problems. But thanks for trying. You get an A for effort.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Why does it only count when it's local or personal accounts? Here are some of my experiences.

My best friend was killed by Police that were in a high speed chase and ran into him, sending his car off the highway, but cops here still don't respect my view on High Speed Chases.

I witnessed BRPD officers, years ago, drug dealing to teenagers...but cops here still don't respect my views on police corruption, privileges, drug laws, and professional courtesy.

I caught the FBI or DEA following me as a teenager, because an A-hole that grew up in my neighborhood had my number in their phone/pager, but cops here still don't respect my views on privacy or government overreach.

I got targeted by a now dissolved department of the Feds with a failed setup/sting operation, because I wrote (Republican) political newsletters and they didn't like what I was writing about. Cops here still don't respect my views on baiting people for criminal charges, federal overreach, or selective law enforcement.

I "took a class", and it makes me know less than anyone else on the whole forum...so why would I think that a personal account would change the minds of the forum cops?

We agreed on Asset Forfeiture, I thought, but we ignore its abuse and the things that allow it to be abused?

Nothing I've talked about is a personal attack on LEAs, and after all of the above experiences, and more, I still truly believe that most of them intend to be decent and good people.
    Totally not even getting in this conversation, but I have to ask. Was your best friend the person they were chasing, when he was run off the road ?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    If you've had 5 bad experiences with police and an officer has had 5 complaints, there's not comparison. You have a much higher percentage. There's no way you have come across as many police officers as people the police come across. Police deal with more people in an average day than most people have police encounters their entire life. So your percentage of problem encounters would be many time an officer's percentage problems. But thanks for trying. You get an A for effort.

Killing my friend via High Speed Chase: Did not "happen to me".

Seeing a BRPD (20+ years ago) selling drugs: Did not "happen to me".

I've had more positive than negative. 3 negative local experiences = 2 hurt feels from shady tickets...hard to call it "bad". The one genuine bad experience that I can think of was a cop screaming at me outside of a court room, because some of the 9 DUIs that the guy I was there to testify against had were "over 20yrs old!". That was genuinely unpleasant. Especially after the former cop/DUI Lawyer got his charge dropped from DUI 10x to Reckless Operation, even though his license was already suspended and he had not completed community service. Yeah, that one bothers me. It must have been a cop's dad or something. It was total BS. That guy pooed and peed on himself while parked in a parking lot, after he drove there drunk, and he couldn't even get out of his seat belt. He started to drive off and I got him to stop, keys were still in the ignition, then he sat there in a stupor. I had to call 3x for the departments to figure out who would come and respond, 20mins until someone got there, and no test until after they brought him in.

I generally have neutral to good experiences almost everywhere I go, because I speak to people respectfully.
    Please, prove my statements about Staff and certain users causing declining interest correct.

It surely benefits the community for Staff to regularly insult users, and to insinuate that users may have unsavory lifestyles, rather than assuming that their users are decent, and loving, gun owners that want to engage in community and buy/sell/trade guns with people who have like interests.

You get an A for effort too! So good at your jobs!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Killing my friend via High Speed Chase: Did not "happen to me".

Seeing a BRPD (20+ years ago) selling drugs: Did not "happen to me".

I've had more positive than negative. 3 negative local experiences = 2 hurt feels from shady tickets...hard to call it "bad". The one genuine bad experience that I can think of was a cop screaming at me outside of a court room, because some of the 9 DUIs that the guy I was there to testify against had were "over 20yrs old!". That was genuinely unpleasant. Especially after the former cop/DUI Lawyer got his charge dropped from DUI 10x to Reckless Operation, even though his license was already suspended and he had not completed community service. Yeah, that one bothers me. It must have been a cop's dad or something. It was total BS. That guy pooed and peed on himself while parked in a parking lot, after he drove there drunk, and he couldn't even get out of his seat belt. He started to drive off and I got him to stop, keys were still in the ignition, then he sat there in a stupor. I had to call 3x for the departments to figure out who would come and respond, 20mins until someone got there, and no test until after they brought him in.

I generally have neutral to good experiences almost everywhere I go, because I speak to people respectfully.
    Please, prove my statements about Staff and certain users causing declining interest correct.

It surely benefits the community for Staff to regularly insult users, and to insinuate that users may have unsavory lifestyles, rather than assuming that their users are decent, and loving, gun owners that want to engage in community and buy/sell/trade guns with people who have like interests.

You get an A for effort too! So good at your jobs!

So now you’re a victim? This keeps getting better.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The bottom line is you really have no business judging how someone chooses to handle a situation like that at their home and you definitely have no business advising someone to step outside their comfort level or safe zone when it could potentially mean a bad outcome. You can doubt and deny and shame and belittle and criticize all you want, but you’re wrong. Notcho bidness.
    Kinda different voicing an opinion that the same few people decide to disagree with and being attacked for it. But giving advise and calling it advise and purporting that there’s nothing to fear when there are boo coo real life for instances that most of us have watched actual footage of that prove otherwise gets a pass? I just ask if what Gravel is saying is advice and the insults start to fly. I think the majority of people here would take pause in what he said just as I did. Trying to convince people that they have nothing to fear from a group of armed men showing up at your door as described is asinine at the very least. He now says things don’t happen. That it’s a micro percentage of encounters. And I say I could start today watching all the actual video footage of reasons to not open the door and still be finding more I haven’t seen by Monday. I don’t need it to be 10 percent of police encounters to understand what could very well happen. Most ER docs will tell you 99.9% of abdominal pain is benign and can be alleviated with a good fart or by taking a dump. However, they will generally err on the side of caution just in case you’re about to blow your appendix or you have a gut full of cancer or some other potentially life threatening issue. I don’t know any physician who would tell someone to just ignore it.
    If Gravel had said, “well I don’t have a problem opening my door to police” and left it at that, that would be his opinion. No harm in that. But that’s not how it played out. As I recall, you’re one of those who has tried to call me out for “giving bad advice” when it’s clear to any educated adult I’m simply voicing my opinion. Opinions be damned, do you think Gravel is giving advice here and do you think it’s good advice?

Last edited:

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    It’s great advice. Give it a go and let us know how it works out for you.

I hope you got legal counsel prior to posting.... it’s scary on these forums.

And again, you continue to prove my point that you are incapable of reading. Please point to where I speak in absolutes. Where did I say “things don’t happen”.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m free to judge anyone I please. Just as you are judging me for judging him. And I am free to “advise” anyone anywhere. It’s an open forum, I can comment as I please.
    Ok, I concede, you are free to judge. But giving advice like that? My original query. As many times as a couple of folks here have sounded the alarm over my opinion, no matter how I say just my opinion, crying foul and saying don’t give bad advice…
    Dude, it was bad advice.
    So, let me just ask, if I may, any idea why attorneys generally say it’s best not to open the door when cops are knocking? Any idea at all? What do they know that you don’t?

Top Bottom