Bushmaster or Smith&Wesson ar15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    bushmaster is generaly cheaper and an exelent brand.
    smith is newer and generally more expensive but still a exelent gun.

you couldnt go wrong with either one.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    are you asking for a review/preference? or looking to purchase from the board? if you're asking for preference, i don't have any experience with the Bushmaster, but i love my M&P15. it's been extremely reliable for me. *knock on wood*

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    What will you be using it for?

If its only a recreational gun you could get a lower from rockmud here in the forum and get an upper from http://www.jsesurplus.com/custom16hb...tandard-2.aspx

and have a complete gun new for a very affordable price.

THIS X 100!!!

This would make an EXCELLENT CHOICE!!

I am thinking VERY hard about TRYING (if I haven't waited too late) to go ahead and snag one of these uppers. In a few weeks grab one of RockMup's lowers.....you realize for about $500 bucks you would have a one of a VERY FEW rifles! Hell I would then buy an ass of the wolf steel case ammo and really beat the pi$$ out of this rifle for some real testing! Looking at the set up from rockMup, I really think this thing will take MUCH abuse!!

My .02

KT

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Home defense and a little range shooting. I want to buy new.

If that is the only purpose of the gun I will definelty look for one of the sponsors on the forum, not to say they are bad weapons they are just very basic setups but at a very affordable price to suit a decent budget, the good thing about it is that you can always upgrade parts on them as your need evolves.

Also you can build a Frankenstein like I had previously mentioned, and if I remember correctly Rockmud lowers had an almost no questions asked warranty as long as it was not something dumb done to it, they are polymer though (plastic) which should also make for a lighter weapon, also keep in mind you could build this for less than $600 compared to a gun shop selling you a new name brand for $1000 thats $400 worth of ammo!

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Both are excellent . I own a Bushmaster and it has run flawlessly on every brand of ammo I have tried . Even that nasty Wolf stuff . ;)

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Get the S&W, if for no other reason than to deny Bushmaster the business. They oughta be boycotted for what they did with the Masada/ACR.

They're both reliable, quality ARs. As with most rifles in this category, they're far more alike than they are different. You can't go wrong either way. But yeah-- screw Bushmaster. :cool:

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    If you want something new, the spike's is nice. They are 799 retail and there are coupons for $50 off or 5% off floating around the net.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    This chart isn't the end all be all of what's good and what isn't, but it is useful for comparison purposes.

I've never had problems with my Bushy, but I never had problems with my Double Star either (don't have it anymore). Look into CMMG too.

Adam490

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    I love my S&W 15T. Nothing wrong with a Bushmaster either, though.

I bought my 15T new and after about 500 rounds, it has only had a few hiccups with cheap Wolf ammo; FTE on about 3 rounds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom