Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall, remove flag

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    There is no Libyan Gov. There is a gaggle **** in Tripoli. They are all beholden to the Militias that put them in place there is no Rule of Law or Central Gov just 100 Tribal Miltias.

So basically we're looking at another Somalia... Even more reason to hit them back as hard as we can.. Immediately...

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I'd take a public hanging of those involved via Cell Phone footage as an apology and the best way to show their country this is what you can expect from here on out.

Too much to ask?

Do they even have leaders?

Never happen... The scumbags that did that will have a national holiday named in their honor..

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm a "kill em all" kind of guy myself..... when it comes to conventional war, and you have a clear cut enemy.

The problem is, we really dont have a "clear cut" enemy. Conventional warfare, for the most part, is dead. The enemy lives and works among the friendlies over there.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Bad idea? It used to be a bad idea to mess with Americans... I'm telling you folks, the only thing those people understand is violence.. Continue to use a velvet glove with these radicals and see what happens... The whole world is watching and waiting to see how we respond to this....

So if some Chinese soldiers marched down your street and kicked your door in, you'd let them have the house, or would you fight back? I think you would absolutely expect "somebody" to do something about it, or maybe you'd be foolish enough to try yourself. Same scenario, dude. There are regular people over there that have nothing to do with this. You don't roll through town in tanks and blow **** up because some extremists murdered your ambassador. Our guys need to figure out who did what and take care of those dudes. No need to terrorize the ones who might have been on our side.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Chad are you retarded? We do is successfully all the time. Google Drone Strike. No one is saying pull out. Right now their are people identifying the perpetrators and formulating a plan,

I know what a drone strike is, and I know that we have successfully been using them. What I'm getting at is how do we keep other Muslims from flocking to extremism while still taking out groups like Al Qaeda. I'm getting the impression that us having a large presence there is what helps push more and more of the "majority" to being radical and joining cells, they think of the US as the enemy.

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I look at it this way. There is murder in your town. The murderers live in the town. The police know this. They have a decent description of what they look like. Do they:

A: Kick in doors and search every home until they find them, ruffing up the locals or,
    B: Work with the locals, knock on doors, talk to people and gather leads (intel).

Which way would get them the best results without pissing off just about every citizen that lives there? Would people be willing to help them if they knew they were ransacking the neighborhood next to them and theirs may be next?

Edit to add: I HATE the idea of using the military as the police so I'm not suggesting that. But it takes a scalpel for things like this, not a chainsaw.

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I know what a drone strike is, and I know that we have successfully been using them. What I'm getting at is how do we keep other Muslims from flocking to extremism while still taking out groups like Al Qaeda. I'm getting the impression that us having a large presence there is what helps push more and more of the "majority" to being radical and joining cells, they think of the US as the enemy.

We are out of Iraq, we have drastically reduced our Saudi Presence, and we will be leaving Afghanistan soon. You use scalpels and you engage. That's how you avoid radicalizing the majority. Don't try to apply our cultural norms.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I am worried we might not have many "Friendlies" over there. I pray for the men and women serving our Nation.
    I'm a "kill em all" kind of guy myself..... when it comes to conventional war, and you have a clear cut enemy.

The problem is, we really dont have a "clear cut" enemy. Conventional warfare, for the most part, is dead. The enemy lives and works among the friendlies over there.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Good Lord.

r620-d477aeabc8a5750dad44f8ceadf033c8.jpg

Egyptian rioters yesterday were photographed wearing Guy Fawkes masks next to graffiti on a wall of the U.S. embassy during a protest in Cairo, Egypt

The rioters climbed the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo and tore up the American Flag, replacing it with a black al Qaeda flag.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/photo-egyptian-rioters-were-wearing-guy-fawkes-masks/article/2507732#.UFCScI1lQ19

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So you use your assets in the region to determine if that's true.Then you develop a target profile of Ansar Al-Sharia and you identify who's loss makes them hurt and you visit death upon them in the night. You remove cancer with a scalpel not with a band saw.

And I am sure that a plan is being worked on as we speak-er-type.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I am worried we might not have many "Friendlies" over there. I pray for the men and women serving our Nation.

Legitimate concern, but from my experience, we have more "friendlies" then most people think.

From my experience, most of the people over there just want to be left alone in peace. To go about their day. To love their families, work their jobs, live their life. I'm sure others that were there can vouch for this, but I cant even count how many people thanked me for being there. Maybe some were sneering behind their smile but I'm sure a fair share were sincere.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    But to divide them......man it's seems impossible.

Believe it or not if you give them some time, some resources, and in some cases security they will seperate themselves. Herat Afghanistan is a great example. Kirkuk in Iraq. Morocco. People that feel like they aren't trapped and see prosperity become less interested in Jihad. It's kinda why being Amish never
    Really caught on.

As an exercise in American History research The Puritans. Most of the early institutuions in this country were founded by what was basically a Protestant Taliban. It didn't last long for two reasons; education, ad prosperity.

Very sad day for the USA, we lost several good people for no reason other than terror. As someone that's spent over 5 years living in the Middle East, I can say that 99% of Muslims are peace loving, wonderful people. It's tough to see that from the USA, as the only things we see on Muslims is on the news - how terrible their 1% are. Truly a case of a few bad apples spoiling the bunch.

Bombing the entire place back to the stone age, killing innocents is not the answer, that will breed more extremists that we're currently having problems with - VG is right on the tactics - divide and conquer.

As a matter of fact, it's already begun. See below, the key to us fixing our problem lies in the link:

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    So if some Chinese soldiers marched down your street and kicked your door in, you'd let them have the house, or would you fight back? I think you would absolutely expect "somebody" to do something about it, or maybe you'd be foolish enough to try yourself. Same scenario, dude. There are regular people over there that have nothing to do with this. You don't roll through town in tanks and blow **** up because some extremists murdered your ambassador. Our guys need to figure out who did what and take care of those dudes. No need to terrorize the ones who might have been on our side.

No one over there is on our side..

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'd take a public hanging of those involved via Cell Phone footage as an apology and the best way to show their country this is what you can expect from here on out.

Too much to ask?

Do they even have leaders?

Leaders? Sure in some form, but I doubt they have any with gusto. It was mostly wishful thinking on my part that the Libyans in power would cooperate fully and help us find and hurt those that hurt us. If I was a leader of a newly formed government being propped up by another government, I would support that other government as best I could. It would certainly be in my best interest for the future.

Top Bottom