Cannon Safe group buy (7/2010) ***Delivery Update***

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    You're not gonna beat Academy's prices. They have Cannon safes very cheap. And comes with the lifetime warranty, no questions asked. I got mine for $540ish and delivery was $140ish from a seperate delivery company. I got it bolted down for $140ish from a locksmith. Worth every penny.

Their price is everyday.

Not trying to crap on Rich's thread just want to help ryan out!:):p:D

Also, most Cannon safes sold in academy are a specialty safe generally made for academy or larger sporting goods stores. Only some are the same that we offer. Not knocking the quality but its just different with different features.

Also, we support this site, the people of this site, and try to help out any way we can. I like to try and shop local whenever possible, as long as the price is close.

dtd80

Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    I can vouch for Kasey. I did my own research and found some safes online with major retail stores( SAMs club ) and it was a bit cheaper but further digging came up as they are not exactly the same although it seems as though they are. One of my points were weight of said safe. The one I got from kasey was 525 lbs. One one SAMs club website was 100 lbs less although dimensions were identical. They also hooked us up with accessories and a deal on glocks. So instead of supporting a major retail store that matched the price but not product, I rather help an independent shop stay open. I also inquired about a ruger 10/22 and bought from them also. The service after the sale has been a great one and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from again. Now if they can hook up a phenomenal price on the XCR or the ACR.....

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    You're not gonna beat Academy's prices. They have Cannon safes very cheap. And comes with the lifetime warranty, no questions asked. I got mine for $540ish and delivery was $140ish from a seperate delivery company. I got it bolted down for $140ish from a locksmith. Worth every penny.

Their price is everyday.

Not trying to crap on Rich's thread just want to help ryan out!:):p:D

Not quite brother. Academy calls up Cannon and says "I want to sell a safe for $540. Build me something to fit that price point. We will buy 10,000 safes.". So Cannon (or any other manufacturer) does. Anytime you have to fit a certain price point, you have to cut corners. Like one person said above, the Cannon safe that was the exact same dimensions as the one he bought was also 100 lbs lighter. This isn't magic steel and insulation that they are using on Academy's safe that weighs less. Thick steel and insulation cost money and adds weight. I'm sure Academy's safe is fine for it's price point. Personally, I would rather deal with someone who took care of me before, during and after the sale. Do you think if something happened after the fact a big box store would care? In my experience, no, they wouldn't.

But anyway, please read the marketplace rules.

Last edited:

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I might be in on this. I have the cash, but am not so quick to spend it :p

Like the above poster, I'm curious of a deadline? this would help my decision.

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    I am 90% on this, just have to get home and do measurements. Are we working on a deadline?

I might be in on this. I have the cash, but am not so quick to spend it :p

Like the above poster, I'm curious of a deadline? this would help my decision.

This time around, we are not working on a deadline from Cannon, but we cant order anything until we get about 10 safes paid for. Once we reach that magic number, Cannon gives us free shipping (which is how we got the prices above). We need to order a few for stock, so we dont need 10 orders from Bayoushooter, but we need the commitment in order to get that price. Once we get there, I will let everyone know so get those PM's into me and we can get the ball rolling! :)

Kasey

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Alright, well I get paid next friday. If this is still open I'll assess the financials and see about buying one

brc34

Jun 27, 2010
    NorthShore
    Does the P14 come with a dial or electronic lock also how much to deliver 1 to Picayune exit 6 close to winn dixie?

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Is there any place that has GOOD pictures of the various interiors? I'm very surprised they don't have those on the website.

I'm trying to dig some up, but, essentially, all the interiors are set up the same way. Full width shelf on top with the bottom split in half (Think about it as a "T"). You can put rifles on both sides of the "T", or you can put shelves on either (or both) sides to hold ammo, pistols, etc. They some set up to customize the way you want it.

Does the P14 come with a dial or electronic lock also how much to deliver 1 to Picayune exit 6 close to winn dixie?

The P14 comes with an electronic lock also. I'll have to check with the owner to see how much such a short delivery run would be. We are on Memorial Blvd right off the 59.

Kasey

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Bump to the top.

If you're wanting to get in on the group buy, we would need payment before we can get the order placed and we would need 10 safes before we can place the order. Let us know. Thanks!

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Do any of these have a system like the Browning safes where you can store several rifles on the door?

Cannon does not have that option. The reason being, the rifle racks inside the safe are pretty deep as it is, so if you have a rack on the door for rifles, there isnt enough clearance. They do offer a hanging pistol carrier that fits on the door. Pistol kit

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    any progress on pictures of the inside?

This is the interior of the HR6040. You can see on both sides that there are brackets so you can put shelving anywhere you want.

c73k5uriewkws5pc1kt.jpg

Kasey did you find out how much to Deliver to Picayune

Curb side delivery to an address in Picayune would be $100. Depending on which safe you want, its actually pretty easy to load / unload one yourself. If you have access to a pick-up truck, you would be all set and could do it yourself and save the money, but we can certainly accommodate you with delivery if you needed it.

Kasey

richiespng

Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Do the "regular" Cannon's have a nicer interior?

Their interiors are pretty similar, but IMHO, I like the HR series better. I like the lighter color. Makes it easier to see things inside the safe. Out of the Cannon or HR series, I think the HR has a nicer interior. When you get up to the really expensive series, there are more "niceties", but they dont skimp on the less expensive series.

Kasey

Top Bottom