cas match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stovebolt6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    berwick la
    Unless you are into the sport you probably dont have any "race" guns already so you would just shoot in Production division. This is just and off the shelf gun. That is with iron sights. If you bring 200 rounds that would be more than you need. Entry fee I am not sure cause I have never shot there but usually for new shooters it is 5 or 10 dollars. Come out, everyone has to get there cherry popped sooner or later.

cool thanks, for the info i will definitely jump into the higher class as i get more comfortable, as i am building a race gun. all i have left too do is get the trigger done, and fit a match grade barrel too it.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Pistol must be 9mm or greater,bring 5 to 6 mags and there will be plenty of help offered.I don't know were berwick is located but if you could make it to the Baker range you can get a taste of run and gun and learn a lot before the real deal, but if not that's ok to, just come on out and shoot

stovebolt6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    berwick la
    Pistol must be 9mm or greater,bring 5 to 6 mags and there will be plenty of help offered.I don't know were berwick is located but if you could make it to the Baker range you can get a taste of run and gun and learn a lot before the real deal, but if not that's ok to, just come on out and shoot

berwick is about in the middle of it all lol

30 min from houma, 1.5 hrs from lafayette, and new orleans. 1 hr from baton rouge.

appreciate the info, but i have a crazy work schedule during the week, and sometimes the weekend. i am going to try too go to the ssc sat, and sun.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    cool thanks, for the info i will definitely jump into the higher class as i get more comfortable, as i am building a race gun.

It's hard impossible to have more class than Production class :D

A Glock or any other pistol that is not single-action will put you in Production. If a single action, 1911-style you can shoot in Limited, Limited 10 or Singlestack. Just tell the person at registration what you're shooting and they'll hook you up. Only 11 rounds in the pistol at any time for Production or Limited 10. Whatever your mags hold for Limited. Singlestack is a singlestack .45.

See you there. Hook up with an experienced shooter in your squad: nearly any of us, including the ROs, will offer some coaching so you have a safe and enjoyable match.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    stovebolt6, you can go here www.uspsa.org and find lots of info regarding equipment and rules. Any questions, just ask. A few of us have been playing this game for a while.
    If you will be at SSC on Saturday, there will be a crew setting the stages up for Sunday. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and ask questions.

stovebolt6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    berwick la
    stovebolt6, you can go here www.uspsa.org and find lots of info regarding equipment and rules. Any questions, just ask. A few of us have been playing this game for a while.
    If you will be at SSC on Saturday, there will be a crew setting the stages up for Sunday. Don't be afraid to introduce yourself and ask questions.

thanks for the link

are all the stages setup in the pistol bays?, or do y'all use the rifle range also? reason i ask is that i plan on bringing my rifle sat., and want too make sure the rifle range is open.

Top Bottom