cas match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Try 24 rounds from FIFTY yards; left and right barricade, sitting unsupported, prone unsupported. Before LSP firearms training fell victim to the "No child left behind" concept :rolleyes:, we shot Match 5 of the National Police Course for qualification. The P.O.S.T. course was used for a warm-up..

When men were men! ;)

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Try 24 rounds from FIFTY yards; left and right barricade, sitting unsupported, prone unsupported. Before LSP firearms training fell victim to the "No child left behind" concept :rolleyes:, we shot Match 5 of the National Police Course for qualification. The P.O.S.T. course was used for a warm-up.

Ah, the good old days!

I miss the fifty yard courses of fire.
    And there aren't too many places you can practice those today, maybe the Blackwater range.....

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I do not know about the rest of you guys, but I had a blast at the match. It was my first USPSA match in 9 monthes and I think I did pretty good considering I had just worked an 14 hr shift and then went shoot the match.

FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    Yup.

AFAIK, LSP and LWF are the only two LE agencies in the state that required a 50 yard qual score.

What torqued me even more was when they began allowing potential candidates for Instructor Development/P.O.S.T. Firearms Instructor to shoot the bullseye with two hands. Of course, that was for the same reason the qual course was watered-down; no-shooting zeros who couldn't make the grade otherwise.

Donnie, you've got more patience than me. I miss being around the guns and wrenching/banging on them... I do NOT miss trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****, as far as these USELESS (with a firearm) individuals in the profession these days are concerned.

I gotta shoot Fifty yards at the end of this month when I shoot the FBI qual course. I think once I make it into and through the POST Instructor school I will try it one handed. Just so LSP will use my name and POST Instructor in the same sentence, even though I made it in by the "watered down yuppie" standards.:rofl:

Top Bottom