Coffee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Receive yesterday late, brewed the Bali this am, great taste, just not strong enough with my usual grind and amount. Adjusted to a a finer grind and used (2.5) 2TBS scoops of ground to oz filtered water. Outstanding! I'll try the other 2 and report over the weekend.
    Thanks, Sensei!
    Hell yeah!

I would hardcore recommend getting a cheap food scale and measuring your grounds in grams. Here's one on the 'Zon for 10 bucks: https://amzn.to/3AC8Rml

It's tough using spoons as some scoops can be 20% larger than others.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Hell yeah!

I would hardcore recommend getting a cheap food scale and measuring your grounds in grams. Here's one on the 'Zon for 10 bucks: https://amzn.to/3AC8Rml

It's tough using spoons as some scoops can be 20% larger than others.
    I have a scale - I'll give it a shot. I have two french press insulated single serve pots and only brew 10 oz at a time. If I don't drink it within about 20 minutes, I mix it with milk, vanilla & stevia or honey and make iced coffee. I have a 6-8 cup insulated french press pot for guests and use a thermos if I need more.
    I tried the Kenya DR this am and it's outstanding as well. You're right ... the Bali is more flavorful - I just have to brew it stronger. I'll try the DR decaf and report.
    Coffee Sensei rules! Many thanks.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    I have a scale - I'll give it a shot. I have two french press insulated single serve pots and only brew 10 oz at a time. If I don't drink it within about 20 minutes, I mix it with milk, vanilla & stevia or honey and make iced coffee. I have a 6-8 cup insulated french press pot for guests and use a thermos if I need more.
    I tried the Kenya DR this am and it's outstanding as well. You're right ... the Bali is more flavorful - I just have to brew it stronger. I'll try the DR decaf and report.
    Coffee Sensei rules! Many thanks.
    Tried the FRC DR Decaf today - doesn't render as dark/strong as the Kenya DR & not as flavorful as that or the Bali, using similar amount of ground beans. I'll add more next time and experiment til I get it right.
    I went back to the beginning of this post & picked up on your Ethiopian Guji recommendation - I try that next when I get through most of the way through the current stock. Thanks again.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Tried the FRC DR Decaf today - doesn't render as dark/strong as the Kenya DR & not as flavorful as that or the Bali, using similar amount of ground beans. I'll add more next time and experiment til I get it right.
    I went back to the beginning of this post & picked up on your Ethiopian Guji recommendation - I try that next when I get through most of the way through the current stock. Thanks again.
    The Guji is by far my favorite coffee from them.

I have no experience with the decaff as I LOVE my caffeine.

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    The Guji is by far my favorite coffee from them.

I have no experience with the decaff as I LOVE my caffeine.
    I'm a caffeine junkie from long ago - but my docs have cautioned me to limit it for "supposed" specific health issues. Why pay for expert advice and ignore it? 10-20oz strong caf in the am then switch. Move over to gin at 6 pm. lol. Didn't ask their advice on the gin.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm a caffeine junkie from long ago - but my docs have cautioned me to limit it for "supposed" specific health issues. Why pay for expert advice and ignore it? 10-20oz strong caf in the am then switch. Move over to gin at 6 pm. lol. Didn't ask their advice on the gin.
    Gin :puke:

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    I've never had it, but will add it to the list!
    Natural Grocers was carrying Raven's Brew coffee. It has been a while since I have been to one of their locations so I cannot confirm if they still carry it. I did look at their website, and although rather clunky, the site does give locations that currently have stock. Looks like most of the Texas locations have several different blends in stock. Wicked Wolf is a great one as well as the Three Peckered Billygoat. Really all of the different roast I have tried from them has been great.

Renz7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2024
    Phoenix, AZ
    You guys ever try that cat poop coffee? Wonder who decided to pick coffee beans out of cat poo and thought mmmm.
    Thought you were messing until I looked it up. It's a real thing, Kopi Luwak. It gave me a good chuckle, though you've seared in my head the visual of someone discovering it for the first time :chuckles:.

2A Travel

PM for Cruises, Vacations, Disney and More!
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2024
    You guys ever try that cat poop coffee? Wonder who decided to pick coffee beans out of cat poo and thought mmmm.
    Ewwwww

While I haven't had poop coffee, I can highly recommend coffee with a view!

1724974805581.png

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Barnettmickey
    Top Bottom