Damn outlaws shot my deer...UPDATE on page 5

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why would the criminals retain the dog carcass? Surely they must have concluded it was not a coyote when they approched it?!?

They may have the mental depth and sharpness of Tyronne Mathieu.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    All private property in East Feliciana is automatically posted. I hope they pay good for their offenses.

A state law passed several years ago that made it illegal to enter ANY property without expressed written permission to do so. This was in direct response to the hardships of landowners having to post and/or fence their properties from tresspassers.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    A .308 round going off at 1:30am about 75 yards from your bedroom will get your attention on a quite night.

EBRSO did a great job finding the truck fast. The dog was in the truck when they stopped them. Game Warden came with EBRSO and found the deer on my place.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    A .308 round going off at 1:30am about 75 yards from your bedroom will get your attention on a quite night.

1. 75 yards from your door is almost close enough to return fire.

2. At least give 'em credit for selecting a decent round. The could have been shooting with a .22 and just wounding. Hope they get what they deserve, fines, jail, loss of hunting privileges.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Why would the criminals retain the dog carcass? Surely they must have concluded it was not a coyote when they approched it?!?

They may have the mental depth and sharpness of Tyronne Mathieu.

They probably didn't know what it was until the GW told them. The Sheriffs deputy that came to my house first told me it was a coyote.

To show you how smart they were they were standing in my field in cuffs with me, 2 Game Wardens and 3 Deputies looking down at the deer and asked if they could keep it.

lost

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Pineville
    Glad they were caught and I wouldn't think it would be too hard to convict since they had the dog with them.

Would have been nice if the GW would have offered you the doe!

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Great job, Mr. B!

Yeah, they've got enough charges coming at them now to where this is gonna sting.

I don't get the dog, either. Hard to believe someone could mistake a husky for a coyote- even a coy-dog. They'd have to be some real dumbasses to....well, there you go.

As for the .308, two things:

1. That only solidifies their dumbassidness :)

2. I hope they weren't fond of it

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    It was the same old deal, crooks don't keep their vehicles right. It was dark and all I could tell was it was a dark truck and the direction of travel. BUT he had a broken lens on his right tail light that was showing white light. That's how they ID'd him for the stop.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Great job, Mr. B!

Yeah, they've got enough charges coming at them now to where this is gonna sting.

I don't get the dog, either. Hard to believe someone could mistake a husky for a coyote- even a coy-dog. They'd have to be some real dumbasses to....well, there you go.

As for the .308, two things:

1. That only solidifies their dumbassidness :)

2. I hope they weren't fond of it

Sam from where they shot by my driveway to where I found the first blood it was almost a straight line to Trudi's house.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It was the same old deal, crooks don't keep their vehicles right. It was dark and all I could tell was it was a dark truck and the direction of travel. BUT he had a broken lens on his right tail light that was showing white light. That's how they ID'd him for the stop.

Yup, I've always said, if you are going to break the law you need to have your s**t together! :p

The police have apprehended geniuses! I think the appropriate agency that needs to be called is MENSA. :doh:

Top Bottom