Daves gun shop raided by atf in lafayette la

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sdeare

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    X2 I hear about this in passing at work the other day. What was the said cause for warrant?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Hi there - as a source VERY close to the shop, I can tell you that the warrant was incomplete, with information redacted and pages missing.

Verbally, agents have said that it was based on selling firearms without a license. However, the shop HAS (as in, the license hasn't been revoked) a license.

No one was contacted before the warrant was executed and if mail was sent, it was not received by the intended persons.

I can also tell you that charges have yet to be brought, and any selling that occurred outside of the shop was from a personal collection.

There is video of some other dealings within the shop, but that will have to wait a while to come out.

Hope this helps.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hi there - as a source VERY close to the shop, I can tell you that the warrant was incomplete, with information redacted and pages missing.

Verbally, agents have said that it was based on selling firearms without a license. However, the shop HAS (as in, the license hasn't been revoked) a license.

No one was contacted before the warrant was executed and if mail was sent, it was not received by the intended persons.

I can also tell you that charges have yet to be brought, and any selling that occurred outside of the shop was from a personal collection.

There is video of some other dealings within the shop, but that will have to wait a while to come out.

Hope this helps.

Since you’re the owners wife, given your username, can you tell us what you meant by *It is legal to sell your personal property* on your social media post? Are you saying the raid was due to something unrelated to the shop?

Sdeare

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    We've sold firearms out of our personal collection to friends and at shows. If the gun came from the shop and was logged out to Jeremiah, he would have had to wait a year to sell it. Otherwise, it us legal for us to sell firearms out of our personal collection and not through the FFL.

Sdeare

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    Also, not saying it was from something unrelated to the shop. We don't know what exactly it was about other than being verbally told that we were selling guns without a license. I specify the verbal part because there's been no charges and we've not seen the full, unedited warrant.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Also, not saying it was from something unrelated to the shop. We don't know what exactly it was about other than being verbally told that we were selling guns without a license. I specify the verbal part because there's been no charges and we've not seen the full, unedited warrant.
    I’m sorry for what you’re going through and I hope the ATF is satisfied soon enough and will leave you guys alone. You absolutely do not have to satisfy anyone’s curiosity here. You don’t owe anybody here an explanation as far as I can tell. Apologies for any insensitivity you may have faced here. People seem to have forgotten that this is the way the ATF practices. I would think that some asking the questions would take note of what the ATF is up to in other parts of the country and realize the same practices are going on, in that their reasons are whatever they decide they are. Please know that not everyone here is doubting your situation and there are surely folks here that will support you. You can count me in that number. I’m looking forward to hearing that they’ve moved on and I’m hoping that the process of defending your business and license won’t be a costly one. Godspeed to you and your family in resolving this matter.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

We've sold firearms out of our personal collection to friends and at shows. If the gun came from the shop and was logged out to Jeremiah, he would have had to wait a year to sell it. Otherwise, it us legal for us to sell firearms out of our personal collection and not through the FFL.

Hey,not telling you you're business,I suggest no more public comments with legal doings going on...Some on here will blow the .gov's lollipop just to score FEMA camp points....welcome

Sdeare

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    I appreciate both of your comments - at this point, we're almost hoping someone will say something to someone with enough stroke to make something happen.

It has been over a month - no charges, no returned items - truly, the ATF needs to file charges and allow us to defend ourselves or drop this crap and go after the people who have actually broken the laws in question

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Sdeare, thanks for providing some info. Hopefully you can get enough info to get out of limbo and find out how yall ended up there. I'm sure once you have attorney advice and enough information to know what's OK to share publicly the other FFLs here would love an update to keep themselves safe from the same issue if possible.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    I’m still not entirely sure what’s going on. From a social media post, one of the owners was talking about selling ammo from their car.
    Atf imho hates the 2nd amendment...they dont go after criminals that don't obey the laws they create laws that make us criminals. Might have had one to many beers tonight. Just sayin.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Atf imho hates the 2nd amendment...they dont go after criminals that don't obey the laws they create laws that make us criminals. Might have had one to many beers tonight. Just sayin.

Who had one too many beers?

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    They posted mine and my co-workers photos everywhere and claiming we were to blame.

As the release proves, they were in hot water in August 2019.

I started in August 2020 and my coworker started October 2020.

They've made claims, posted our pictures, names, and sob storied their way into $7600 worth of donations on GoFundMe while we were struggling to find a job with their BS being spread.

So, yall now see the official release. Make up your minds but many members in the trader forums will attest that I'm not what they made us to be.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Jeremiah was always an odd one. I remember when I first met him at Dave's, he was carrying a Sig P226 with the hammer back. Keep in mind, this was a DA/SA variant with no safety that he just had in a non-retention holster with the hammer back. Then, I think there was a point in time when he wasn't allowed to work at the gun store for insurance reasons due to accidentally shooting a customer. At least I tend to recall him gone for quite some time after the incident and was shocked when I found out that he had purchased the store from Dave.

Top Bottom