Don't talk to the police

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Where is these facts you are talking about, and yes your comment about get rid of the guns cause I want legal advice is just that CRAP just like all the other post you have made on this topic.
    I a previous post I have asked for you to quote or tell me where these facts you posted was because I must have overlooked theme im still waiting on that post from you.
    BTW I never insulted you as you claim I said your post and your comment was crap and I stand by that statement!

RCRAMIE, I believe that his comment about getting rid of guns was directed at me and, not necessarily, at you.

I have to agree with you that there have been no "facts to prove that talking now is better". There are none and never will be. People will get frustrated and restate their talking points and NEVER post factual evidence that proves the theory that waiting is worse...because they can't.

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Go back and watch the video again:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8167533318153586646#

We don't have to disagree or argue with each other at all.

If you can prove what the video says is wrong, we are all ears.

Just curious, but how would you suggest one prove this? WHat empirical evidence, if it existed could prove or disprove it? That is a ridiculous request.

Furthermore, each situation is different. Surely you see the lunancy in what you are requesting.

Again, you have your video to go off of, several others here have first hand accounts that they worked where people are in jail or not. You call your own ball chief.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    Rcramie you are right about the court thing. it still goes on. I have 2 murder cases postponed in the last two months. I have 4 murder cases stacked up ready to go whenever.

Bullet did you mean station(sence?)I have had lawyers turn there clients in or come in if we want to question someone, but is rare and in between.so people cooperate someone do not. If there is doubt about something we confer with the da and advise them what we have. they listen to us based the FACTS we find out. we even asked to let the grand jury decide before we arrest. not in every case though just the ones we fill would uncomfortable because the lack of evidence. I worked 18 months on a homicide before we went to the grand jury and got him indicted. went to trial and had a hung jury. back in the appeals court.

I ment the scene. People talk as if their lawyer is waiting for a call and will be down right away and I've always doubted if that actually happens - but what do I know. I bet less than 1% have one on retainer.

I'm wondering it would best just to give a couple of sentances of my door was kicked in and I shot to stop the threat and to wait and see what the GJ or DA wants to do. You might not need a lawyer. Who wants to spend 10K.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Bayoupiper, you've said a lot of good and interesting things but I've lost track of your line of reasoning.

I was asking for facts to prove that talking before attorney consultation was BEST. ( in opposition to my theory )
    AND I THINK
    You gave facts to prove that talking before attorney consultation was WORST. ( in support of my theory )

I'm confused and want to understand your point.

Please restate your point clear enough for me to understand it. Thank you.

I have only made two points and neither dealt with talking before or after.

First was the documented occurrance of amnesia associated with these situations, (That was completely ignored) and left it up to you to make your own judgement.

The second was a sarcastic reminder that it had been ignored and that you guys were getting off point.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    RCRAMIE, I believe that his comment about getting rid of guns was directed at me and, not necessarily, at you.

I have to agree with you that there have been no "facts to prove that talking now is better". There are none and never will be. People will get frustrated and restate their talking points and NEVER post factual evidence that proves the theory that waiting is worse...because they can't.

Please give us YOUR facts to support this opinion of yours that not talking is better.

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Please give us YOUR facts to support this opinion of yours that not talking is better.

Easy if I give no statements I cant Incriminate myself,

Bayoupiper I did miss that post a lot of the posting and reading was while at work yesterday and it got looked over I never saw it.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I'm aware that is is possible, but Nola/cop/usmc[/] was in the USMC, presumably for at least 4 years (unless reserve, not sure) but basic/advanced, etc etc. I just have a math problem. In theory he could have gone into the USMC reserves at 17 with a waiver, been done at at, and gotten his commission - I just didn't realize he had been a commissioned LE officer for 13 years.

That sounds like you don't like him.

JR1572

RCRAMIE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lake Charles
    please, I am sure you can dig up one or two cases at least where the evil JBT's used something said at the scene to convict an otherwise innocent person.

There was some examples in the video post on first page, if you really want tonight when I get home from my road trip to BR I will do some digging and post some but if im going through that trouble, then start digging me up somewhere where the guy made a statement that couldn't have waited for a lawyer and got him out of charges.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Just curious, but how would you suggest one prove this? WHat empirical evidence, if it existed could prove or disprove it? That is a ridiculous request.

Furthermore, each situation is different. Surely you see the lunancy in what you are requesting.

Again, you have your video to go off of, several others here have first hand accounts that they worked where people are in jail or not. You call your own ball chief.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!! NOLACOPUSMC GETS THE PRIZE!!!

MY "LUNACY" HAS BEEN REVEALED!!! NOW EVERYONE KNOWS I'M CRAZY! :D

I gave it away when I first requested factual proof by clearly stating that "It is impossible!" You were clever enough to figure that one out without my help. You, my friend, must be a MARINE! I supposed you might turn it around on me and request factual proof for my theory... hint...hint...

Even though we can't provide factual proof that a particular situation would have been better the other way, there looks to be a substantial claim that the LEO in this discussion have personally worked enough cases that they can at least sway me closer to their side...

Please include these cases in the discussion. The one about the man who shot his stepson is wholly inadequate to support your case due to the objections already posted.

Was there another factual case posted that helps to prove that not waiting is better? If there was one, please point it out, because I missed it.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I have only made two points and neither dealt with talking before or after.

First was the documented occurrance of amnesia associated with these situations, (That was completely ignored) and left it up to you to make your own judgement.

The second was a sarcastic reminder that it had been ignored and that you guys were getting off point.

What I said was that "you said a lot of good and interesting things" not that you had a lot of good and interesting posts...in that one post about amnesia, you said a lot of good and interesting things. THAT WAS A GREAT POST!

What confuses me is, after you made so few posts, I had already lost track of the meaning behind the posts and would benefit from you restating your position.

If you have no position and were merely helping with evidence and reminding us to stay on track, that's fine. Everyone is trying to understand each other and figure out what "side" they are taking on the thread, as I am. If you don't have a "side", okay...

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering

Bayoupiper gets the next prize! (see my response to Nolacopusmc)

Most of MY facts are in the video. The video contains mountains of evidence to support my opinion...MOUNTAINS!

If you'd REALLY benefit from me going through all the incidents that I've personally had while being interviewed by LEO and comparing the possible results of talking vs not talking, I'll do it. It may bore you and you'll probably skim through them and not give them any credence. I'll do it - but don't waste my time. I wasn't the one to claim that I have lots of real-world, hands-on, professional experience. So don't be disappointed with my personal experiences.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Bayoupiper gets the next prize! (see my response to Nolacopusmc)

Most of MY facts are in the video. The video contains mountains of evidence to support my opinion...MOUNTAINS!

If you'd REALLY benefit from me going through all the incidents that I've personally had while being interviewed by LEO and comparing the possible results of talking vs not talking, I'll do it. It may bore you and you'll probably skim through them and not give them any credence. I'll do it - but don't waste my time. I wasn't the one to claim that I have lots of real-world, hands-on, professional experience. So don't be disappointed with my personal experiences.

Please enlighten us to all your police dealings. I think we may all benefit as LE is a little different in each locale.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    please, I am sure you can dig up one or two cases at least where the evil JBT's used something said at the scene to convict an otherwise innocent person.

We are not talking about just AT THE SCENE. We are talking about starting at the scene and keeping your mouth shut FOREVER.

I know you'll tend to focus on "at the scene" because that is where your job takes place.

We are focusing on the entire process...every day until the day we die! Why, because the statute of limitations on murder doesn't run out until we are DEAD.

I couldn't tell if the all the video's referrenced facts took place at the scene or afterwards...but it doesn't matter...

The video did referrence cases where innocent people's words were used to convict them and those words could likely have been given at the scene...or afterwards...

again, it doesn't matter when they are said. The point is, don't say them.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering

What does "JBT" stand for?

I've thought of all kinds of funny things ( most starting with "jail bait" ) but I'm sure they are not correct. :D

Just want to know so I can understand your point better...

Top Bottom