Edwards at it again. Mask up.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mojo873

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 24, 2014
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Headed to Baton Rouge tomorrow for Doctor appointment...Plan on stopping at a Tractor Supply looking for Ivermectin.

Ivermectin Products for Animals Are Different from Ivermectin Products for People. Even the levels of ivermectin for approved uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death. So be very careful when using Ivermectin.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Ivermectin is a broad spectrum anti-parasitic agent, included in WHO essential medicines list for several parasitic diseases. It is used in the treatment of onchocerciasis (river blindness), strongyloidiasis and other diseases caused by soil transmitted helminthiasis. It is also used to treat scabies. Ivermectin is currently being investigated as a treatment for coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes COVID-19. The FDA has not approved ivermectin for use in treating or preventing COVID-19 in humans (but they haven't approved the vaccine yet either).

My doc approves it and prescribes the pill version for those afraid to take the liquid or paste. I have used it on my dogs for heartworms for 25 years, and my vet takes it for Covid as well. But you do you.

Ain't skeered!

You're not scared, but you think your solution to a virus that you're not scared of is non-prescribed medication that you source from Tractor Supply? That's like saying that you heard the best way to fix a leaky radiator is to go on down to Sally's Beauty Supply and pick you up some Soul-Glo because your mechanic buddy heard it could work. To be fair, my hypothetical situation sounds much more reasonable.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    We also don't know the long term effects of the vaccine, but new bad side effects seem to pop up every couple of days. And emergency FDA approval is not the same as the years of testing that goes into normal FDA approval. And even fully approved FDA drugs end up killing or debilitating people all the time. There are people who believe it's a big conspiracy but there are also people who just don't want to be experimented on with drugs that are being rushed to market.

You are absolutely right, and it's why I haven't gotten the vaccine yet - although I plan to. And once done with both doses I'll be marching around with my arms outstretched forward chanting "Joe Biden is a good man, Kamala is my friend." just to scare my "I'm not living in fear" friends, that have to justify just how not scared they are by calling other people names and mocking actual science.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    FWIW....I did not delete CNN statistics in an earlier post. It was a screenshot of an Ivermectin protocol from Eastern Virginia Medical School. If people look hard enough and think for themselves, they will find that there are beneficial prophylaxis and post exposure protocols that have proven high efficacy. Ask yourself, "Why doesn't Fauci and the CDC provide similar guidance?" The short answer, "there's no money to be made with Ivermectin, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Quercetin, Zinc and Melatonin." There is money to be made in the middle of chaos. Who is making it right now? Pfizer, AstraZeneca, J&J....although, J&J obviously has a lot of egg on their face.

The above protocol, although it hasn't been through the full "barrage" of clinical trials....neither have the vax's...only having received emergency use authorization. Nobody knows what the long term side effects for those are, either. I for one, will put my faith in HIS Truths....and not the government "truths" or so-called "science."

Want to see something funny? I was curious about this EVMS protocol so I went look it up... yeah. This is goofy and mostly from a .net website that has some poorly written, unsourced "research" and dosage charts for their new "wonder drug" Ivermectin. Cool, if it works out that it's a real thing in the future it will be vetted in emergency use cases and maybe break into actual medical usage in a month or so. However, my absolute favorite thing about my little search was even this poorly written .net website about Ivermection says:

"Not recommended: Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ). The use of HCQ is extremely controversial.[101]
    The best scientific evidence to date suggests that HCQ has no proven benefit for post exposure
    prophylaxis, for the early symptomatic phase and in hospitalized patients. [102-120] Considering
    the unique pharmacokinetics of HCQ, it is unlikely that HCQ would be of benefit in patients with
    COVID-19 infection (it takes 5–10 days to achieve adequate plasma and lung
    concentrations).[112,121-123] Finally, it should be recognized that those studies which are
    widely promoted to support the use of HCQ are severely methodologically flawed.[124-127]"

So the old wonder drug is out, the new wonder drug is in? Why not just wear a surgical mask (which is proven to work at preventing YOU from spreading if you're asymptomatic) or an N95 mask(also proven)?

Look, it's obvious I'm offending some folks and that's not my intent. My intent is to challenge what you've heard and make you back up your arguments with facts. Furthermore, think logically. "What if I'm wrong?" Well, if I'm wrong, I've just worn a face covering in public. If you're wrong(the anti-masker, not scared, I'm free crowd), you could have been responsible for further spreading a virus that resulted in a person no longer living, or having the same quality of life. As a Christian, I know that I will love thy neighbor and treat others as I'd like to be treated.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes, I was a scientist. A microbiologist and molecular biologist at one time a while back.

Here are the various levels of scientific certainty, as best I remember, from grad school and reading a lot of literature. I admit, it's been a while. I'm making up titles and some descriptions, but the overall flow is valid. Don't "Wikipedia" me on the details.

Scientific Law. (See "gravity")

Scientific Theory. Multiple (many, many multiples of) replications by independent parties of scientific peer reviewed research, in all possible iterations, that were published in peer reviewed journals, over many years, without adverse data to suggest an alternate hypothesis.

There is a slot in here for peer reviewed research that has been replicated, but not risen yet to the level of theory. I don't remember what that is called.

Peer reviewed research. Original research that was conducted in a controlled environment, with the results and data provided to independent parties to review and approve, prior to publishing in a credible, edited scientific journal. When you submit an article to a peer reviewed journal, you expect two things. First, several people in your field will read it thoroughly and provide feedback on what you did wrong. And second, if published, someone else is eventually going to try to replicate your work and see if you are FOS. This has not happened yet, as far as I know, for COVID transmission data, mask efficiency, vaccination efficiency, or immunity from infection.

Scientific "consensus," for lack of a better word. Meaning, we haven't been able to fully test this in a controlled environment, but many people have recorded observations and collected data relating to the situation, and on average, the data strongly suggests something. This is where we are with about half of the COVID situation.

Scientific observation. I saw some stuff, recorded data that was local to me, and am saying other people need to be aware of this and on the lookout for similar situations. This is where we are with the other half of the "known" COVID situation. Much of this is data from clinic environments provided by MD doctors to PhD scientists. It's good data, but NONE of it comes from a "controlled environment." That is critically important. This provides the data to create a scientific *hypothesis* that we might one day test in a controlled environment.

COVID transmission risks, mask efficiency, vaccination efficiency, and immunity from infection via sickness or natural causes estimates provided by the CDC, as much as I can tell, are derived from the above two sections. It's literally the best we have right now.

Your local professional. This includes your doctor. They see what they see, read some stuff (largely the same things we read), and form the best opinion they can. But they don't know the real science going on. This is the best most of us can do for getting options on the individual level, i.e., *what is best for me.*

Your Internet message board. This includes the current thread, and myself. I don't expect anyone reading this to give any credibility to me. My hope is that you will see that literally no one knows what is going on, for sure, right now.

All of that being said, I have followed all of this closely. I like science. To his credit, Homeslice has presented what I consider the best information currently available to the world in his posts. Thank you.

Now, if you want to talk politics, and if you want to debate who wins/loses by hyping the current *delta spread,* that's another discussion entirely. I'm pretty sure that certain people are doing everything they can to keep the eviction moratorium in place (just announced as I was typing this), the federal home loan and student loan moratoriums, the extra unemployment, the extra EBT, etc.

Politics =/= science. Two difference situations, but unfortunately, too often conflated.

Last edited:

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Davidd, thanks for the props(flattery, really) and thanks for the post. I definitely learned something and sincerely appreciate the time you took to share your knowledge with us. It's a scary time we live in and the best thing we can do is "what we know is the safest" option for now. As I've said before I'd rather be over-prepared than vulnerable.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you seek Hydroxychloroquine you might want to get an EKG first according to my doctor. My MIL is in the process of getting ivermectin prescribed to her. I will let y’all know what the results are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I take hydroxychloroquine for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
    I had covid, got over it, and never knew I had it according to the antibody test..
    I take Humira injections every 14 days. Targets inflammation for the same reason. Both sons and wife had it. I had no issues. Maybe just lucky but I doubt it.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good info. More evidence that an Ivermectin protocol is not smoke and mirrors. There is plenty of information, including medical expert, Senate testimony on the use of Ivermectin and HCQ. Regardless of how much of an authority one may think they are on “poorly written” websites….typical case of cannot argue with the facts so attack the messenger….similar to referencing an earlier, factual statistic as “garbage.”

However, the Ivermectin protocol simply does not support the current vax agenda/propaganda being shoved down our throats by politicians and MSM puppets. Again, ask yourself, “Why?” Then, use the simple proof test of many tell-tales…. “Follow the money. Who stands to gain or lose money?” Then, you’ll figure out the “why.”

And, when everybody is vaccinated and there are still multiple breakthrough cases, then what? The government will still tell you that cloth face covering that your daughter’s Girl Scout troop made is still better than the vax?
    f6259b7d80207d1f0c0759a262a83cdd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish

From your link: https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/tables/table-2c/
    For Mild Cases:
    Interpretation:

• A 5-day course of IVM did not improve time to resolution of symptoms in patients with mild COVID-19.

For Hospitalized Adults:
    Interpretation:

• A 5-day course of IVM resulted in faster virologic clearance than placebo, but not a faster time to resolution of symptoms (fever, cough, and sore throat). Because time to virologic clearance is not a validated surrogate marker for clinical efficacy, the clinical efficacy of IVM is unknown.

For Hospitalized Adults in Turkey:
    Interpretation:

• A 5-day course of IVM in hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19 did not result in clinical improvement at the end of treatment, and no reduction in mortality was observed.
    • Faster improvement of oxygenation and more pronounced reduction in inflammatory markers were observed in IVM arm.

In Sever Cases:
    Interpretation:

• Use of IVM did not reduce risk of oxygen requirement, ICU admission, invasive mechanical ventilation, or death in hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19.

So basically, only some anecdotal evidence can be found. And mostly pointed to it being a good anti-inflammatory agent. Therefore, going to Tractor Supply and picking up this medicine to use for yourself is a foolish idea...

And also, pull your shirt up over your mouth and nose. Blow a raspberry or just stick out your tongue and spit. Let me know how much of that gets through your shirt. That's how Covid spreads. Not by some guy spitting into his shirt, but by the virus attaching itself to vapor droplets you expel when you cough, sneeze, and speak. Hope this helps and let me know if your girl scout troop needs more mask sales.

Keepurpowderdry

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    N.O.23
    Edwards had the NERVE to Address Christians and their faith concerning Abortion during his*COVID* fear-speech to Take TheShot, Meanwhile Towing the Democrat Party Agenda .

Politicians are the mainProblem.

Last edited:

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    I take Humira for RA. I believe the Humira has protected me from the symptoms of Covid. My family had it but I had no issues.
    I understood what you were saying. Just really don’t know if these meds are actually helping with covid or like you said.. maybe we are just lucky (minus the shitty RA). But definitely makes you wonder…

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Flash forward 25 years. TV commercial.

If you or anyone in your family had the covid vaccine and have suffered from blah, blah or blah contact Blah and Associates personal injury attorneys.

Last edited:

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Not going to happen. The companies that made then can't be held liable. If you get the virus and still get Chinese flu, then it don't work.

Top Bottom