First F-class match...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BKliebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    South, La
    Thanks for the kind words, she is a great kid.

Folks I would like to point out that if a 16 year old can do it anyone can.

She has shot a total of about 6 matches in her life and has never practiced. Due to extra things at school she rarely has time on the weekends to shoot. The match this past weekend was her 2nd this year. As far as coaching goes all I have ever told her was to pay attention to the wind flags. See what condition presents its self for the longest and try to shoot in that same condition but most of all have fun. I have never sat over her and critiqued every shot, she needs to learn things for herself.

You also dont need anything exotic to compete, the guy who won it all on Sat. was shooting a trued remington action with a Krieger barrel chambered in a straight 284. The saying that its the indian and not the arrow holds true.

Hopefully next month we will have the hunter class up and running.

Ritten how was your pit service? She really likes pulling in the pits.

S.I.T. give her hell the next time you see her.

Mike maybe you can teach Dan on how not to crossfire "Mark target 9".

Buck

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Dan,

That's the rifle Melvin bought a couple of years ago. The midget is partially correct.

Rifle is a Jim Cloward build using a Barnard action, mastin prone stock with True Flite 1-8 twist @ 30".
    Nikon Monarch 6-24
    Bipod and rear bag
    Load used is naturally a 80gn Berger VLD with 24.2gn's of Varget a very mild load.

Buck

I thought that would be the rifle. That was a pretty good deal all the way around. I wish I had seen it first. Did she steal it from your dad?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Thanks for the kind words, she is a great kid.

Folks I would like to point out that if a 16 year old can do it anyone can.

She has shot a total of about 6 matches in her life and has never practiced. Due to extra things at school she rarely has time on the weekends to shoot. The match this past weekend was her 2nd this year. As far as coaching goes all I have ever told her was to pay attention to the wind flags. See what condition presents its self for the longest and try to shoot in that same condition but most of all have fun. I have never sat over her and critiqued every shot, she needs to learn things for herself.

You also dont need anything exotic to compete, the guy who won it all on Sat. was shooting a trued remington action with a Krieger barrel chambered in a straight 284. The saying that its the indian and not the arrow holds true.

Hopefully next month we will have the hunter class up and running.

S.I.T. give her hell the next time you see her.

Mike maybe you can teach Dan on how not to crossfire "Mark target 9".

Buck

You forgot to mention that the winner built the gun in his brother's garage (or his brother did). By the way, it was a WInchester Model 70 action, not a 700. But it wasn't anything exotic. It is the indian (in this case Pawnee :mamoru:).

And another thing. I wasn't asking to Mark target 9 this time. I was on 10 and shooting target 9. :D

Last edited:

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana

My pit service was ok. My little brother missed a few while trying to get the rhythm down, but the older gentleman who was shooting on 5 with us seemed to be an old pro at it. I had a few shots I let off almost as soon as he got the target back up to try and catch the wind consistently and he caught them all very well. Your daughter and I pulled at the same time (she was on 4 and I on 5) and other than having a shooter put one through the same hole and destroy the wooden peg, she seemed as natural back there as she was on the line.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I'm hoping so. I should find out this week where/when my next project starts up but hopefully it will follow my old schedule somewhat. That would put me coming home during the first week in March and home for that first full weekend again.

Top Bottom