Get vaccinated

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    I'll be seeing too little kids crying tomorrow at their daddy's funeral. I'm pretty sure they wish daddy would have chosen different
    ^^^^^^^ Yes I did attend this particular funeral visitation . He was a East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff Deputy. I arrived 1/2 hour after starting time and got my place in line it was 2 hours later that the line finally reached the casket and there still was a line still outside the funeral home . Your choice whether to get the shot or not get the shot. ............................... drill sgt.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Lots of people get deathly sick, or die from the vaccine. Ive watched more friends wither away from the vaccine then the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubtful. In the US:

Approximately 6500 of the 150 million people who took the vaccine have died. Those cases have not been vetted that the vaccine actually caused it yet.

Contrast that with the approximately 650,000 people who have died of the almost 50 million people infected with the virus.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If a person has already had covid, why would they want to get the vaccine? Honest question, that person has had the virus, recovered from it, and due to the experience will likely be able to handle the virus should they get it again. Would the vaccine help them at all?

I can certainly see why a person who has not had covid would want to get the vaccine, IF the vaccine works as advertised (not too much data on the vaccines effectiveness yet) then that person would likely have less extreme symptoms (or none at all?) if and when they get covid.

The vaccine will not stop a person getting covid, nor will it stop them spreading covid. So getting covid is a concern if you are vaccinated or not. It is not some sort of fancy anti-viral force-field. Just a "helping hand".

The frantic push and massive amount of propaganda cannot be easily explained away. I feel like this is making many people uneasy about taking the vaccine, as history shows us that our leaders very infrequently have out individual best interests in mind.

The vast majority seem to miss the fact that vaccinated people (as a group) COULD harbor the largest number of asymptomatic carriers of covid, and thus would be the most likely group to spread the virus unknowingly. Maybe, just throwing that out as a possible concern.

I am not sure why there is such a push to get everyone to take this vaccine. I tend to "follow the money" in most situations, and the companies who have spent the money on research and development would always like to turn a profit. Or perhaps there is another reason? Who knows.

There is a very high survivability rate from covid, but since it is not 100% that does mean that some people will die from it. Which is a real concern for anyone who has not had covid, as there does not seem to be any good info on what type of people with what type of existing issues are the most susceptible to the virus. This is the kind of info I would need to be able to make an informed decision on whether I would want to take the vaccine or not. For me it is not a yes or no, I need more info and that is sorely lacking right now.

As far as anecdotal evidence goes, I have a good freind who works in an emergency room at a local hospital. He deals with covid patients all day. Most of them are sent home. A large number of these people who test positive and have symptoms are already vaccinated. So the vaccine is not working very well for them. Perhaps they will not die, and that is a good thing, and if the vaccine has helped them to not die then it was worth it. But good solid numbers on any of this is highly unlikely to be gathered or released.

I honestly do not think covid is going away. It will be with us just like cold and flu. So there is a good chance that everyone will get it eventually. I will be interested how this all plays out. Especially any mandates. Doubt that will go well. Forcing people to do things is never a recipe for success.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Why are people who are vaccinated so scared of the unvaccinated?

Why are nearly a million illegal aliens and Afghan refugees being allowed to enter the country without being vaccinated, but no one, including Fauchi, are concerned about them?

"Get vaccinated"

Make me

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I laugh when I see all these people talking about getting shots and wearing masks. All I can vision in my head is a dog with a muzzle on it's snout that sits on command, or a flock of sheep following little bo peep.... We're all gonna die eventually anyway. I watched my father die 3 years ago. It sucks, but hey, **** happens. Cry a tear and move on. The day you're born, you begin to die.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    They buried a family friend yesterday. Family of family. 37 years old in otherwise good health. Husband and father of 2 young kids, and a damn good man.

It's everyone's decision to decide what's best for them. But should you catch Covid, please don't assume you can let it run its course and all will be well- because if it finds a weakness, it will exploit it. Get with your doctor as soon as symptoms show themselves. DO NOT WAIT until it settles into your lungs; it can kill you. I know it's on the decline, which is great news- but don't let your guard down.

Don't gamble with your lifespan, people- if you get it, ADDRESS IT. Your health & well-being overrides everything else. Isn't that why many of us carry a firearm??

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I got the 1st 2 shots at Ochsner as soon as they were available. So I got the 3rd Jab today {Walgreens had a no wait apointment}
    My wife had already got her 3rd and her Flu a week later. She was one of the 1st to get Jabbed as she worked for Ochsner and had zero side effects! So she was my guinea pig. Note we both had zero problems.

I am going on the 1st and get Flu Shot. They stated they could do both Covid and Flu today and have. They did give both to someone else while I was there.
    My Doctor said to wait 1-2 weeks between as did the guy that gave me the shot. But Walgreens said it was Safe To Do Both.........

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    Can we just let this thread die already? It’s pretty apparent no one is going to change anyone’s mind here. Let’s get back to guns and shooting…
    No

Attachments

• FAQaPG_VEAYPtfN.jpeg.jpg
      FAQaPG_VEAYPtfN.jpeg.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom