Gun Counter Employees

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FD807

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Geismar La.
    Ok tonight I stopped by my local sporting goods big box store and was walking down the handgun counter when I came upon the employee showing 2 guys a 1911. He was telling them the .45 isnt meant to penetrate but to hit and expend all its energy on impact and that if you hit a person ANYWHERE with .45 hollowpoint they are going down because thats what its meant to do.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    Sounds about right. You should also get your girlfriend/wife a very small, hard to hold, loud handgun with heavy recoil that shoots a fireball in low light as her personal defense weapon. Other guns will be too big for her.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Wouldn't happen to be that place with all the dead animals and the cafe that sells Buffalo burgers?
    If so, last week, me, "Let me see the Arx100 please."
    Counter dude, "Haven't seen one of those in 6 months."
    Me, " Right behind ya there."
    "Ohhhh."

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    All hollowpoints are meant to expand instead of doing much penetration, not just .45.

Was there a question in here about .45 or something though? It has its pros and cons against other handgun rounds of course, are you asking about that?

Also, I can vouch for the ARX, but it needs to be broken in like a shoe.

Last edited:

FD807

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Geismar La.
    All hollowpoints are meant to expand instead of doing much penetration, not just .45.

Was there a question in here about .45 or something though? It has its pros and cons against other handgun rounds of course, are you asking about that?

Also, I can vouch for the ARX, but it needs to be broken in like a shoe.

Nope no question in there just the misinformation that is perpetrated by a lot of gun sales people that have no idea of what they are talking about. Just like the post above when they try to sell the 5'2 110lb girl the ultra lightweight .357mag snubbie

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    People beez dumb. Didn't we establish that like forever ago? :P

Sneakybuffalo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    Wouldn't happen to be that place with all the dead animals and the cafe that sells Buffalo burgers?
    If so, last week, me, "Let me see the Arx100 please."
    Counter dude, "Haven't seen one of those in 6 months."
    Me, " Right behind ya there."
    "Ohhhh."

What? That's legit? Is that the one in Denham Springs or Gonzales? Cause I haven't had buffalo in forever.

People beez dumb. Didn't we establish that like forever ago? :P

Yeah, but the problem is that these are the people that new gun owners or simply the less knowledgable expect to be knowledgable and look to for information and advice.

Last edited:

Scylas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Nope no question in there just the misinformation that is perpetrated by a lot of gun sales people that have no idea of what they are talking about. Just like the post above when they try to sell the 5'2 110lb girl the ultra lightweight .357mag snubbie

I figured that guy was joking, and you made me re-read this a few times because I thought you were trying to smack talk me for a moment there. :p

But...to be fair, there are a lot of sales people everywhere that have no idea what they're talking about, it's not just in the gun business. I noticed this happen a lot in the computer business when I was younger too. It seemed like everyone who sold me a computer didn't know how to actually build a computer(everyone from small professional level computer shops in BR to large corporations that assembly line their stuff like HP and Dell). I gave up and learned how to do it myself ten times better than the so-called professionals can.

Really those people are just there to check people out at the register. If you can get anything more out of them that isn't BS, you're lucky, but you can't rely on that happening.

DStewart

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    New Orleans
    Screw this....can somebody please direct me to the 10mm thread?

I overheard one big box sporting good store worker actually telling a customer that the 9mm is basically the same as a 10mm, an there was not enough difference to even buy a 10mm.

Sometimes I think they look to hire those who are incompetent.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    My favorite was the guy telling the customer to hold his home defense shotgun against his thigh because its the largest muscle in his body and controls recoil better. And that it would make it easier for his wife to control the 12 ga.

91Foxtrot

Go Ordnance
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    After quite a bit of aggravation on my wife's part, we had come to the conclusion that double-stack guns simply would not fit her hand. After trying a few single stack pistols and buying her a sig 238, I decided to buy her the M&P shield after she told me she would rather a 9mm. She decides to buy it from the academy in lake Charles by herself and after 30 minutes she left empty handed. The 2 male employees behind the counter kept insisting that she buy a glock 19/26 and no matter how many times she told/showed them her trigger finger would not reach the trigger they started to get angry at her. She almost gave up on buying a new pistol because she didn't want to deal with people like them again. It's a shame that stores have to rely on idiots who insult customers to sell their guns.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    My favorite was the guy telling the customer to hold his home defense shotgun against his thigh because its the largest muscle in his body and controls recoil better. And that it would make it easier for his wife to control the 12 ga.

You....... you're kidding............... right?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Not kidding. Not hear-say or internet rumor. I witnessed it. It wasnt a walmart or academy either. They should know better.

My worst offender told a guy beside me that the only option for ccw is a revolver because "when scared 95.2% of people push the magazine release instead of the trigger." While stifling a snicker he follows up with "thats not to mention that you need a special permit for a semi auto"

I was speechless.

I'd have had a hard time not calling the guy out in your situation, so far you win the "i spy an idiot" contest.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I was in Academy today asking about the the LCR 9mm's expected arrival date, I didn't get too clear of answer on that but I do now know that my world is about to be rocked by a revolutionary new laser product that is universal to any gun because it screws onto the trigger guard. For $65 I can have 1 laser for all of my guns!

730672.jpg

HELL YES! :rockon:

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Here's one of mine
    While looking at AR's the customers beside me were being told about the proper use of the forward assist, " in case of a malfunction like a double feed hit the bottom of the mag then the forward assist a few times" I couldn't let that go and entered the discussion, telling everyone that's just wrong! The expert got upset with me, and I ended up walking away the looser of the encounter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom