Ham Radio info??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Damn I wish I hadn’t looked at this post...I sold all of my transceivers maybe 15 years ago and kept some meters to tune antennas for friends. I got out of it to pursue a different hobby and now y’all got me thinking about getting a Ching Chang HT now to get reacquainted.....KD5DYM

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Damn I wish I hadn’t looked at this post...I sold all of my transceivers maybe 15 years ago and kept some meters to tune antennas for friends. I got out of it to pursue a different hobby and now y’all got me thinking about getting a Ching Chang HT now to get reacquainted.....KD5DYM

Opps, sorry! LOL!

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    No problems at all! Y’all may hear me before long! One of my younger coworkers is getting into it and it has kinda sparked my interest again..what’s the latest and greatest 2M/440 Yaesu HT out there now?

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    No problems at all��������! Y’all may hear me before long! One of my younger coworkers is getting into it and it has kinda sparked my interest again..what’s the latest and greatest 2M/440 Yaesu HT out there now?

FT-3dr? I dont know how high they go to be honest.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Wow they ain’t cheap!! But looking at everything I looked at it appears all have gone up in price since I bought gear! Used may be a more viable option or...China made!

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Congrats going out to the new hams as well as some of the "OLDER" hams getting back into the hobby . 1st ticket was issued to me in Jan 1978 so I guess that makes me a "old geezer".... "KL7JIU"> Uncle sam was my travel agent when ticketed so that is why I have a ALASKA area call sign. .................................................... drill sgt.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Congrats going out to the new hams as well as some of the "OLDER" hams getting back into the hobby . 1st ticket was issued to me in Jan 1978 so I guess that makes me a "old geezer".... "KL7JIU"> Uncle sam was my travel agent when ticketed so that is why I have a ALASKA area call sign. .................................................... drill sgt.

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    I think i'm going to work on getting a base station setup. Id like to use a mobile radio so I could swap it from truck to shack. Maybe the Icom ID-5100A Deluxe, its 50 watts, or maybe a yeasu.
    Anyone know of anywhere that sells radios that accepts bitcoin?

MikeSlater

Sportsman 'N' Paradise
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Walker, LA
    ^^^^^^^^ Question about your reply ----- 07 ??? Does it have reference to the travel agent or possibly being there in Alaska. ................................................................ drill sgt.

It is supposed to be a symbol of a salute, travel agent. lol... Sorry I may have used the incorrect characters.

Top Bottom