How many of you carry a round in the chamber?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Round in the chamber for carry?

• Total voters

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    If anyone wants to carry a gun with an empty chamber, have at it. It's not my problem because my gun will have a round in the chamber.

JR1572

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    So all those guys with 1911', Berettas, Rugers, HK, etc. are all wrong?:eek3:

Dems fighting words dude.:cool:

^^^^^^^^^ THIS :D ^^^^^^^^^^

I carry a LW Champion OP (4" 1911) and my HK is a Variant 7 (NO Safety/No decocker so guess she OK)

so I should just give the 1911's away since they suck ass :confused:

GTFOH :redfinger:

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Some of us took the safeties off our HK's :D

Here's a post from over on HKpro. I think he shares your sentiment. :D

Proper placement of the HK safety lever:

63101041013-IMG_2010_09_25_0451_s.JPG

Don't panic! Just a joke! No levers were harmed! Safely back in the little plastic bag with the other parts that have been removed and forgotten over the years... :=)

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I mean it makes sense right?..

Wrong definition of plus one?
    Clip?
    Gun taken away?
    Knocked out in the woods?
    Only for LEO?
    Get over yourself.
    It is safer,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbugjWyegHE[/ame]

Another example of why people on prescription meds should not carry, weedheads should not carry, and the internet should require an IQ test.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

Clip?
    Gun taken away?
    Only for LEO?
    Get over yourself.
    It is safer,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbugjWyegHE

Another example of why people on prescription meds should not carry, weedheads should not carry, and the internet should require an IQ test.

I THINK the most important question is "Whats his user name for BS", this guys mom had to be his sister as well, anybody checked out his other reviews?

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.

Clip?
    Gun taken away?
    Only for LEO?
    Get over yourself.
    It is safer,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbugjWyegHE

Seems to be a lot of bathroom gun gurus around these days.

shootinfool

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2010

Good one...I swore that video clip was going to end with the dude shooting himself or the camera...

Seems to be a lot of bathroom gun gurus around these days.

I had to check again....hadnt noticed the shower curtain the first time... What better place for a stoner to do a video about gun safety? If someone gets shot, it's an easy place to clean up!!! LOL!!!

whitesquirrel44

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette Area
    No. It only takes a second to load. It's better than nothing at all. I believe most people are likely to end up like the guy at Lowes. In fact, I believe most people will live their entire lives without having to shoot someone. Having said that, I still would rather have one than not have one.

If I'm carrying an auto in a belt holster, I load it. The one I carry in my pocket is unloaded. If I feel I'm in a bad situation, I rack it. When I carry my revolver, it's always loaded. I just don't trust a semi-auto in my pocket with a round in the chamber.

For all you who think it's the same as keeping it at home, in a safe with a trigger lock and no mag, the sky is falling, and if you send me your emergency funds, I'll stop it for you.

In the unlikely event I would have to shoot someone, I'd rather err on the side of safety. I've heard too many accidental discharge stories.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    No. It only takes a second to load. It's better than nothing at all. I believe most people are likely to end up like the guy at Lowes. In fact, I believe most people will live their entire lives without having to shoot someone. Having said that, I still would rather have one than not have one.

If I'm carrying an auto in a belt holster, I load it. The one I carry in my pocket is unloaded. If I feel I'm in a bad situation, I rack it. When I carry my revolver, it's always loaded. I just don't trust a semi-auto in my pocket with a round in the chamber.

For all you who think it's the same as keeping it at home, in a safe with a trigger lock and no mag, the sky is falling, and if you send me your emergency funds, I'll stop it for you.

In the unlikely event I would have to shoot someone, I'd rather err on the side of safety. I've heard too many accidental discharge stories.
    Have you considered a pocket holster?

whitesquirrel44

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette Area
    I have but don't have one. I'm not sure if I would carry with a round in the chamber if I did. I would have to practice with it before I decide.

I'm also considering one of those smartcarry holsters. http://smartcarry.com/
    I wear shorts alot and my semi-auto would pull them off. This looks like a good choice.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    What I got from that video is that I should not carry with one in the chamber because a child may be harmed after they remove my gun from my holster because I'm unconscious in the woods from falling and bumping my head.

And I thought I was prepared. You really never know what could happen. :eek4:

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    I carry a Model of 1911 Colt, round in the pipe and cocked and locked at all times. Weather it is in a holster or just stuck in my belt. I have an S&W Sigma 40cal. with Tritium night sights on the night stand. The Tritium’s stick out like a sour thumb. So it is easy to find, they are like a nightlight.
    All of my Guns are loaded. I was thought at a very young age not to play with guns. My Dad started taking me Duck hunting when I was only six months old.

whitesquirrel44

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette Area
    What I got from that video is that I should not carry with one in the chamber because a child may be harmed after they remove my gun from my holster because I'm unconscious in the woods from falling and bumping my head.

And I thought I was prepared. You really never know what could happen. :eek4:

I was NOT going to finish watching that video, but after that comment, I had to go back and see it. I still wish I hadn't. And I really HATE to say that I'm one who agrees with THAT guy. Of course I'm more worried about shoot off the family jewels than laying unconscious in the woods and a kid happens to walk by.

Top Bottom