Ideas for new 9mm

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Not only that, but they go over every shelf gun they send out to make sure things are tip-top. Definitely the right place to order from.

Yep that's what they told me. Made me even happier I chose them. I may call them this morning and add a fiber optic front site on it.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Yep that's what they told me. Made me even happier I chose them. I may call them this morning and add a fiber optic front site on it.

Bill decided to stop building guns fairly recently, but I believe they'll still do quite a bit of work on them. Front sights no problem!

I will say this for most 1911's out there-- I'm not a fan of the gripping surface that their (typically) laminate panels provide. VZ makes my favorite grips, by far.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Bill decided to stop building guns fairly recently, but I believe they'll still do quite a bit of work on them. Front sights no problem!

I will say this for most 1911's out there-- I'm not a fan of the gripping surface that their (typically) laminate panels provide. VZ makes my favorite grips, by far.

I love VZ grips. I had the Operators II on my SA. Super grippy and comfortable. The G10 grips on my Wilson are amazing too.

Cajun_arShooter

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Metairie, SeLa
    Why a 229? For a range toy, the longer 226 would be better, wouldn't it? Maybe even one of the 226-X5's....:drool:

But if that or the HK's don't fit in your budget, don't forget about Beretta's. They can be found with no "silly levers" also.

+1 on this I was asking myself the same question as to why a 229 you said you weren't looking for a "compact" and that is,in my opinion you can't go wrong with either the p30 or the 226 I've had both and they are equally good both with their strengths and weaknesses.
    ...............And I obviously didnt finish reading the post because I would've noticed that you bought an Sti good job I dont think you'll be disappointed with it . :mamoru:

Last edited:

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Got the STI today. Going to test it out tomorrow or Thursday. So far it feels and operates amazing. The slide feels like its on ball bearings. Trigger is very crisp and light and reset is nice. Not as nice as my Wilsons trigger, but I am not trying to compare the two. The sights are great. Fiber optic front is amazing and very easy to see. Pics below dont do the sights justice. Gun is super tight too. No wiggle at all with the frame. When you shake it there is no sound from anywhere on the gun. Getting my VZ grips in the next couple days. Very happy with it so far.

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom